OpenX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OpenX Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2016

Market Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at OpenX (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

I applied through their job board and the HR reached out to me two weeks later. She asked me to walk her through my resume and talk about the analytical experience I had as well as my technical knowledge. At the end of the interview she asked for my availability and said she would schedule a time for me to talk to the manager of the department I was applying to.

Three weeks later I opened an email to a scheduled phone interview with the department manager. I wasn't even asked for my availability at the time. My availability to talk three weeks ago could be very different from my availability to talk now.

During the 30 min phone interview with the dept. manager, he asked me of my experience and my analytical skills. He conducted a case study over the phone with me and was very open and welcoming of my responses. He reiterated that he was simply asking questions not to get a right answer but rather to understand how I think through problems. At the end he said he would like to send me an assessment that covered my knowledge in Excel and SQL, as well as another case study to gauge my critical thinking, and to send it back over by the end of the next day.

About two days after he asked to have a conference phone interview (45 min) with him and two analysts on his team. They asked me situational questions regarding the case study and asked me to walk through my thought process and drive them to my conclusion.

The following week, I had an interview with 6 people that lasted 3 hours. Four of which were one-on-one and the other was two-on-one. They mostly asked about my analytical experience and to discuss and brainstorm with them on certain questions that arises in their business model or questions about previous analytics I've done and how I wish I could've changed it to make it better.

A few days later, I received a personal response from the dept. manager himself. He gave a little snippet as to why they were passing on my application (which was very nice because most companies respond via automated email and ignore any followup questions).

Overall, the company is filled with very intelligent, innovative people who not only know what they're doing but are also very kind and open to talk to. They set a very comfortable atmosphere during the interview and our discussions felt very collaborative instead of the typical question and answer interview. I also loved that the people were very transparent with me.

Great company, unfortunate that I didn't receive an offer, but not mad about it because they were very thorough in their search for the right candidate.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, how could we change the case study to make it better?   Answer Question
    • What environment do you like to work in?   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your knowledge in Excel? SQL? analytical and forecasting skills?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpenX (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

The interview questions are moderate. Though they have lot of openings listed they do not show any urgency in recruiting. They reject candidates for no reason. May be they do not have a plan or project ready. The interviewers are moderate as well does not seem to be super intelligent or friendly.

Interview Questions

• They asked solve few moderate level coding problems and sql problems   2 Answers

Engineering Leadership Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OpenX in September 2016.

Interview

I flew to Pasadena for a double round (15+ people over 10 interview slots) as they accelerated their process while I had from another company an offer pending reference check. The lunch was civilized outing, but otherwise they blew through all scheduled breaks, the final interviewer swapped in a teammate for the last 15 minutes instead of simply seeing me out, and then recruiting wanted to intercept me to do a survey on the way out to dinner after a very long day. While they company is multi-office, it seems to have a headquarters vs. satellite feel, where a few folks commute from the other offices to spend most of their weeks in Pasadena.

Interview Questions

• They asked experience-oriented questions, incredibly duplicative across the panel. A few interviewers in peer roles asked questions focusing on specific litmus tests within their areas, almost as if I were interviewing for their role, rather key competencies for the job description.   Answer Question

Senior Fullstack Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenX (Pasadena, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was fairly quick. I quickly got contacted by a recruiter after I posted by resume on their career site, for an initial phone call. Following week, I had a one hour technical phone screen with a senior engineer. Onsite interview was next. It consisted of six interviews including a lunch interview. Standard questions - data structures, algorithms., system design.. more along the Google style of interviews. I thought it was overall a good experience getting to know the team, but the couple of interviews after lunch didnt go very well. The last interviewer was rude and had attitude. It was obvious she had already made up her mind as soon as the interview started. No surprise the decision was a rejection right the next day.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OpenX (Menlo Park, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

While I was waiting for the interview at OpenX I got an offer from other company. I told the hiring manager about that and they were able to speed things up and set up an interview in two days. That was very amazing! The interview went very good and the people in their Menlo Park office were super friendly. Overal that was very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was "How do you sort a dictionary in Python". The rest of the questions were pretty much expected (Python, Selenium, general questions about how would I test some function).   1 Answer

I had an offer from another company. That was a hard choice to make.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenX (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Two phone screens at the beginning, continued into an onsite with the hiring manager and team. Everybody was professional and friendly. Went smoothly and without any hitches. I enjoyed meeting the team and the company culture seemed to match what was advertised.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OpenX (Pasadena, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I received an email about a week after applying asking to set up an interview. About a week later we spoke about my work history and things of that nature. We ended by saying the next step would be to have another interview in the coming week. The next time I would hear from them would be two months later with a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to walk over my resume and explain my previous jobs and then to discuss some situational issues.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpenX (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The process had quick turn around. I heard back from HR a week after applying, had an interview with the recruiter then had 3 back to back interviews with every one on the team the following week. Heard back from the company about a week and a half after the final interviews.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions overall, be prepared to know about the competitors and company's products.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OpenX (Pasadena, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The recruiter Angela contacted me to schedule a HR phonescreen. Next was another 45 mins phone interview with the hiring manager - the questions were relevant to the job description. Next was an onsite interview for half a day - again the questions were relevant. After this, they scheduled another final onsite interview for which I had to prepare a 30-45 min presentation and another set of interviews.
    Overall it was a pleasant experience - the recruiter Angela was very clear and communicative on what to expect and the hiring managers were very pleasant to talk to.

Interview Questions

• 1. Explain one of the major product launches handled by you?
      2. Presentation Topic: Competitive analysis on my current company's product and what will I improve.
      Answer Question

They extended an offer to me but I had to decline it as I got an offer from another company in the same city as my fiance - so it was a matter of logistics for me. If location was not an issue, I would have accepted the offer.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpenX in February 2016.

Interview

The whole interview process was very positive.

I had an HR screen and 2 rounds of phone interview with the hiring manager and his supervisor as I live in the east coast. I enjoyed the discussions with senior product managers since there were a lot of similarities with my current employer's tech stack as well as my job responsibility. The HR as well as recruiter were also very friendly and professional.

I withdrew my application before the onsite interviews as I accepted another position but would certainly consider OpenX if I am to look for an opportunity in the future.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific. The discussions were about ad tech industry, OpenX, tech stack etc.   Answer Question