Opening Ceremony Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Opening Ceremony

2.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Opening Ceremony (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, got an email back scheduled an interview for the next day, got hired the day after. Very quick and easy process. Seems like they were in dire need of an intern at the time.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Opening Ceremony (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

It was on a fist come first serve basis. First 7 or 8 were put in a group interview. Asked a few questions to weed out shy people and collected resumes.

Interview Questions

• Name one word to make me (retail coordinator) smile.   Answer Question
    • How did you find out about Opening Ceremony?   Answer Question
    • Is there one thing you would change about your previous job?   Answer Question
    • What did you learn in your previous job that you could use to help you here?   Answer Question
    • Name, Where you are from, One thing you were at one time obsessed with.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Opening Ceremony (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

2 separate interviews, the first was one on one where we went over my resume and was asked about previous jobs as well as personal questions about myself (where was I from, why I wanted the job, what did I think of the store). The last two questions were the only tricky ones. He asked me what my greatest fear was and how I can overcome it.

The second interview was a group interview with about 10 other people. We sat in a circle and had to go around and answer questions they would ask. The ones I remember were "why do you want to work at opening ceremony" "What designers are you excited about for this upcoming fashion week" and "what is your greatest strength as a salesman"

Interview Questions

• The only tricky question was "what was your biggest fear"
      The other questions were just simple things like "what are your favorite designers right now"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Opening Ceremony (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

they test you to see how cool you are, they will ask you about mostly everything but work experience. Dress in your most fashion forward looks and exude confidence. Interview is basically a glorified conversation with management.

Corporate Role Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Opening Ceremony in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard from HR the next day to come in for an interview. I met with a few people the following week, and received an offer by the end of the week. Overall, it was a smooth and easy experience, and everyone I met with was very friendly.

Corporate Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Opening Ceremony (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online, and the next day heard from HR to come in for an interview. The next week I met with a few members, and by the end of the week I was offered the position. Overall, the experience was pretty smooth and easy, and everyone I met with was very friendly.

Senior Role In Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Opening Ceremony (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Lots of back and forth over email with the HR Coordinator who constantly made mistakes with scheduling. I gave up after the next interviewer failed to show up for the second time. I was given no information to explain the situation, and no follow-up at all. I understand that stuff comes up, but the HR Team at Opening Ceremony should take steps to ensure that future opportunities for career professionals are not lost. I felt that my time was not respected or appreciated. I'm a fan of the brand and founders, so I do wish you all the best of luck.

Graphic & Print Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Opening Ceremony (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Very casual. I felt comfortable throughout the entire interview. The convo wasn't just design or role-related which was nice. Went through my portfolio for about half an hour – and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Are you happy working long hours and late nights from time to time?   Answer Question

Associate Tech Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Opening Ceremony (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with HR and design director for the 1st interview, and met the vice president for 2nd interview.
    They are very nice. During the interview, they were very straight forward. I send my resume on the 1st week, the 1st interview happened on the 2nd week and the 3rd interview was the week after. It happened very fast. HR was good at getting back to you efficiently.

Interview Questions

• why did you leave your previous job?   1 Answer