Opera Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

3.2

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opera Software (San Mateo, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

1) Phone interview with HR
    2) On-site interview with two managers (approximately 20 minutes each)

All in all, not a bad experience. The managers were nice and easy to talk to.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Opera Software (Denver, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

There were three phone interviews. One with the director of the team, a second with my future mentors, and a last with the director of the team. The first was a review of my qualifications. The second was to see how well I would work with the team. The last was to see how serious I was about the position, and the likelihood I would accept an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would I answer a business problem using data not available from traditional sources.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate the final salary, it was in line with what was described on Glassdoor.

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrocław (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Opera Software (Wrocław (Poland)) in March 2017.

Interview

In my case, there were two interviews. The first interviews were more about Software development and Networking. The second interview was focused about Information Security. Despite both interviews were very satisfactory, the manager has decided to hire another candidate. It was really a shock to me.

Interview Questions

• Question were mainly about protocols, OWASP, and Software development task.   Answer Question

Apr 11, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are glad to hear that this was a positive experience. God luck with future job interviews.

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Opera Software (Warsaw (Poland)) in September 2016.

Interview

The best interview process I had in a long time. For every interview stage I got the assessment within 1-2 days. Well prepared interviewers and helpful, when one gets stuck at some stage.

The process is:
    - skype interview checking technical skills (30min)
    - 1:1 meeting checking technical skills

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm that for a given list of strings returns the one that has the most "synonyms" in the list. Where synonym is defined as being composed of the same letters.   Answer Question

Jan 4, 2017

We are very pleased that the experience of the interview process was positive. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your experience here, and good luck in your new position.

Javascript Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wrocław (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Opera Software (Wrocław (Poland)) in August 2016.

Interview

I had relaxed interview on Skype talking about my experience and background. In the end I have been asked to do some JS tasks but it took less than 10 minutes. Tasks were about JS functions as the interviewer said they are interested in native JS developers. Overall it was ordinary interview where a candidates talk about themselves.

Interview Questions

• Q: What experience do you have working with JS frameworks?   Answer Question

Sep 9, 2016

We are pleased to hear that you had a positive meeting with us in Opera Software. Wish you all the best.

Web Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Opera Software (Oslo (Norway)).

Interview

I sent in an application for an internship and got an answer about 2 months later. I was interviewed by a group of people which asked questions regarding my portfolio and how I could fit in. It was a nice process but did not work out financially.

Interview Questions

Opera Software Response

Aug 1, 2016

We are glad you had a positive experience in the application process even though it did not work out. Thank you so much for your interest in Opera and we wish you all the best.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Opera Software (Oslo (Norway)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process lasted about 2 months and I was interviewed by 4 different department managers. They also reviewed a Powerpoint presentation I made for a made up event. In addition, I was asked to do a personality test and a logics/IQ test. It was a very positive experience, and they were all very detailed and professional.

Interview Questions

• How can Opera improve its communications work in the Western world?   Answer Question

Jul 10, 2017 – HR Manager

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are pleased to hear that you found the interview process a positive experience, and happy to hear that you accepted the offer.

Director, Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oslo (Norway)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Opera Software (Oslo (Norway)) in November 2015.

Interview

Well organized process with HR & hiring manager. Hiring Manager also used the Google approach of meeting several people in the same day and then quickly evaluating. Overall, it was a great process.

Interview Questions

Opera Software Response

Mar 16, 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to posting your review. We are pleased to hear that you found the interview process to be well organized, and that the recruitment process all in all was a good... More

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Opera Software.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted the day after to arrange for a face to face interview. I was told that they only want the best programmer and the fun sociable one, not just some nerds who sits in front of computer. However the interview went well and a week later I was given a homework that had to be completed in a few days.

The first homework went well and 3 weeks later I was asked to do a second homework that is more difficult than the first one. I submitted homework and didn't get any news after that and didn't feel like to follow up as I have already got a job at another company.

I found a bit awkward that they gave a lot of homework to the candidates with a delayed feedback for the first homework and no feedback for the second one. In total the interview process went on for almost 2 months with no closure.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Opera Software.

Interview

Recruiter from separate company contacted me on LinkedIn.
    Then she sent me short test Python task (basic types, language features, trivial tree traversal etc).

After I sent back my solutions and filled in the forms we had a nice skype chat with her.

Then I had two rounds of technical skype sessions with actual Opera Software developers.
    Each included theoretical questions (language, computer science, OS stuff and network protocols, technologies and frameworks etc) and an online coding challenge in web text editor (no code execution, just like whiteboard but with syntax highlighting: few graph tasks and one array task).

After a positive feedback on both tech sessions i got a final Python homework task. This time it was larger (it took all my weekend to do it in the right way) and included 3 sub-tasks involving multiple data-structure (graphs, trees etc) problems as well as some object design decisions. Also complexity analysis comments were required.

Interviewers were very nice and everything went pretty positive and professional.