OpticsPlanet Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 43 of over 43 interviews

In Person5%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

OpticsPlanet

Application

I interviewed at OpticsPlanet

Interview

HR is constantly turning over, so you'll get a new person each time. The hiring manager(s) don't know what they are looking for. When I walked through the office I noticed how miserable every employee looked. I should have taken that as a sign that the company sucked and not accepted their job offer.

Interview Questions
  • Generic questions. Tell me about yourself. Past experience, etc.
    Answer Question

OpticsPlanet

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet in Oct 2020

Interview

A Mess! My recruiter left the company halfway through, and nobody really tracked me after that. Just to talk to her for the phone screening I had to track her down. Normally they set up back to back interviews the same day. I had one of the two interviews, but they never reached out after that for the second one. I've even reached out twice the HR rep that set up the first interview. I haven't heard back. At this point it's pretty clear they either lost track of me or moved on but never notified me.

Interview Questions
  • Just standard questions. Nothing really out of the ordinary.
2 people found this interview helpful

OpticsPlanet

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet in Jul 2020

Interview

I only made it to a phone screen, but a recruiter for the company (Hugo) contacted me via phone for a 15 minute conversation. He was very pleasant and contacted me regarding updates and less than a week. The most positive experience I’ve had with job hunting.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet (New York, NY) in Oct 2019

Interview

Received an email to set up an interview from HR, replied with my availability for the following week. No reply after the weekend. Emailed again politely to ask if she still wanted to move forward, again no answer. Received an automatic email 2 weeks later they had filled the position, after they had re-posted it on the job boards. It's not a big deal, just unprofessional. If you're not interested in moving forward just say so, you're the one who reached out.

Interview Questions
  • When will you be available to chat?

OpticsPlanet

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet in Jan 2019

Interview

Hope you have time to spare, they clearly do. I’m not going to moan about the fact that I didn’t get an offer. There are plenty of reasons it doesn’t happen, wrong skill set, experience mismatch, poor fit for the team/company culture, etc. What happened here was instead a very long, confusing, and frankly capricious interview process. End to end it took over a month. Two phone screens, two in person interviews, all 4 with positive feedback. I was then told by my recruiter that the CEO wanted to meet with me, but was on vacation and wouldn’t be back for two weeks. Two weeks??? Will anyone even remember who I am in two weeks? I was already over two weeks into their process to begin with. So two weeks go by and I meet with him. Friendly enough guy but then he gets into these odd behavioral questions, wants to see “how you respond.” Asks you the capital of Canada and then explains why most people get it wrong. The whole time I’m thinking... 1. How is this question being used to determine skill at my job. 2. Even if it does relate, how does the CEO have time to be asking these kind of questions? Typically behavioral and problem solving questions are handled by departmental/team leads who will actually be working with you. So again, get good feedback from the recruiter. Another couple days roll by and they want to meet....again....but it’s not an interview they say. They ask to meet on Thursday but I had an all day meeting. Offer multiple other times we can meet. Best they can do is the following week Tuesday. So next Monday rolls around and I get a call from my recruiter. They’re not interested. Said they were ready to make an offer last Thursday but decided against it because I was unable to make the meeting. Also that I didn’t have enough experience for the position. So on Thursday I was good enough for an offer, but Monday I suddenly became too inexperienced. Furthermore, what would induce a hiring manager to toss out an offer based purely on whether someone is able to make a “non interview” meeting. I can only guess that something changed internally, perhaps they found a better candidate. Or maybe they weren’t exactly sure what they needed in the first place. But to blame it on me for the meeting was a pretty sorry excuse. It mirrors other reviews from ex employees regarding management being unwilling to recognize and admit fault. The number 1 complaint from people who left the company is non-competitive pay. Coupled with the fact that my interview experience seems fairly in line with their norm. I, like others, am speculating that they are seeking the desperate. People who will work long for little. This interview process is an endurance test, see how much you’ll put up with. I’m not mad I got turned down. I’m mad they wasted so much of my time. Strung me along for weeks only to get turned down over something very silly. Save your time and apply elsewhere... unless you’re really desperate.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet (Northbrook, IL) in Jul 2018

Interview

2 phone interviews, 2 iq tests, simple business decision test, excel test, and final interviews with the supervisor and two hq manager. My interview process took 4 weeks and I did not get a schedule for the last interviews. Took a week to set up the first phone interview with HR and another week for supervisor phone interview. Same week, got in for the testing and was told I passed all the tests and would schedule the last interview. A week and a half later, was told another candidate is being considered for the position and would keep in touch. All over, I felt that the interview process took too long and wasn’t reponsive. Gave me a phone number I could call whenever I had questions. Called 3 times, never picked up.

Interview Questions
  • Don’t remember exactly, but the questions were about whether you would order or discontinue a product based on the profit margin. Don’t prepare for the excel test with shortcuts. They require you to use the mouse most of the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet (Chicago, IL) in Apr 2018

Interview

Had a phone call to setup a phone interview. Then had the phone interview. Next I had to come in for wonderlic and excel testing. Finally, 3 rounds of in person interviews.

Interview Questions
  • *picture of two hotdogs wearing pants, one has pants over bun and one doesn't* Which picture is correct?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet (Northbrook, IL) in Oct 2017

Interview

Phone interview, in person testing, two rounds of 1 on 1 interviews. Phone interview was half an hour. Testing included excel and typing tests with a wonderlic test. Nothing out of the ordinary. Overall a good experience!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet (Northbrook, IL) in Sep 2017

Interview

It was proper. I had a phone call with hr, then with manager. Call with manager was 30min long. He tries to talk comfortably. Nothing so technical, but about oop, design patterns, website quality, Then a coding test in php to implement a design pattern. Which went for 2 hours Then was called for on-site Interview. I had 4 rounds. Manager, team members, testing lead, DB lead. It was very long and tiresome. But went well

Interview Questions
  • Oop, design patterns you know and explain them, what are traits, difference between abstract class and interface,

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet (Northbrook, IL)

Interview

tough questions on math, business logic, and common sense. Phone prescreen with HR, then onsite testing, then more interviews 1:1. I think it is a pretty typical process for any high tech company. I loved the office tour ;-) it is a pretty cool office.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 43 Interviews