OpticsPlanet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at OpticsPlanet

3.2

Sort:

PHP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet.

Interview

Four steps - initial conversation with HR, a phone conversation about basic OOP principles, a Skype interview with a design pattern implementation, and an in-person interview about various topics (3 hours long)

Interview Questions

• What is encapsulation, what is inheritance?   1 Answer
    • Is PHP passed by value or by reference?   Answer Question

PHP Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet in September 2016.

Interview

The interview is three parts

1. Phone interview. This was a friendly conversation with questions to determine if you knew the basics of OOP
    2. Programming test from home. They send you a php file with directions on what they want you to do and you have 2 hours to complete the task. I thought this task was difficult but can be done.
    3. I'm guessing in person Interview

Interview Questions

• Part 1. They asked about basics of object oriented programing. what is inheritance, give me an example of a sql command

Part 2. They sent a php file with about 400 lines of code and wanted me to implement a design pattern to that code. You have 2 hrs to complete the task.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

It was a pleasant experience. I was 7 rounds of interview but the team was extremely warm and friendly. I absolutely loved the experience. The first round was a telephonic interview from the recruiter. It was behavioral and extremely comforting. The second round was by the technical head wherein I was asked questions on Object oriented programming, a few SQL queries and my experience in the industry. The third round was a coding assessment wherein a PHP file is sent and a design pattern needs to be implemented in a couple of hours. The last round is a personal interview by 4 team members 1:1. The process is slightly hectic but extremely interesting. It worked for me as I was prepared to be interviewed for about 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Object oriented programming concepts, design patterns in PHP and technologies mentioned on resume   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation. They have a constant pay for the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet (Northbrook, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

WARNING...ABUSIVE TACTICS! I passed their skills tests. I spent 5 hours on one day being interviewed with only a 10min bathroom break, no lunch, and had to give a presentation. After, the president demanded yet another test and was rude, yet tried to negotiate salary with me.

Interview Questions

• Estimate how many people get married in the United States every week.   2 Answers
    • Some questions about design patterns...very high-end theoretical questions regarding object oriented programming. About Ph.D. level   1 Answer

I told the recruiter not to bother negotiating. I wasn't interested. The president was inconsiderate, thoughtless, and flat out rude. He told me he wanted to know how "desperate" I was, flicked a pile of other resumes at me, and told me "I wasn't worth it". Incredibly unprofessional.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet (Chicago, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

Had a phone call to setup a phone interview. Then had the phone interview. Next I had to come in for wonderlic and excel testing. Finally, 3 rounds of in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• *picture of two hotdogs wearing pants, one has pants over bun and one doesn't*
      Which picture is correct?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

tough questions on math, business logic, and common sense. Phone prescreen with HR, then onsite testing, then more interviews 1:1. I think it is a pretty typical process for any high tech company. I loved the office tour ;-) it is a pretty cool office.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet (Northbrook, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

It was horrible! I started with taking 2 online tests and then waited to hear that I passed that and I would come in for more testing the next week. Went in for that, it took 3 hours...it was math and Excel. I was told the hiring manager had to look at the results and they'd get back to me. The next week I heard I got an interview with the hiring manager and another associate. This involved more testing and another 3 hours wasted. After waiting for 30 minutes after my final interview I was told that I would have to come back to meet with the President next week....keep in mind this position was an entry level position, they kept reminding me of that... So, I meet with the President and it was a nightmare. For 2 hours he made me feel like crap the entire time, none of my answers were good enough for him and of course there were more tests involved. When he asked me why I wasn't ready for his questions I told him that I didn't have the online experience to answer those questions and was told this was an entry level position. After telling me I lacked common sense and there would be no way he'd hire me....he asked me how much I was looking for? When I told him what I was currently making and started to explain in detail what I wanted...he cut me off and laughed and told me there was no way. I have never left an interview wanting to cry, it was just a horrible experience! Then they had the nerve to call me to let me know I was still being considered for another position within the company? Seriously? No thank you!!

Interview Questions

• Put together a marketing campaign for 3 pens....that he threw at me..   Answer Question

Merchandising Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet (Northbrook, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online and the reached me a few days later and we scheduled a 30 minute window for the phone interview. The phone interview itself seemed rushed for time as it only went for roughly 10 minutes. The standard interview questions were asked such as what your strengths and weaknesses are. Unfortunately, even with my eBay store experience, it was not good enough as I got not one, but two rejection notices.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet.

Interview

Took roughly 3 weeks from submission of application to a job offer. After a general phone screen, I interviewed with 2 employees (one of which turned out to be my boss). The questions were generic, and then there were example questions in which you were asked to design/create/respond to an example situation .... ex: X vendor would like a marketing plan created - how would you take them to market ... The interview process was challenging, but nothing overwhelming.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate salary up!

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roselle, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet (Roselle, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview was very strenuous and long. there were alot of questions asked and tests to take. You are also interviewed by multiple people at different times. Over all the interview was very difficult.

Interview Questions

• whats the captial of canada?   1 Answer