OpticsPlanet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

3.3

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

tough questions on math, business logic, and common sense. Phone prescreen with HR, then onsite testing, then more interviews 1:1. I think it is a pretty typical process for any high tech company. I loved the office tour ;-) it is a pretty cool office.

Junior Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet (Northbrook, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on Indeed, called by HR within two days. Set up phone interview with team leader. Following week came in for Wonderlic and Excel testing, in-person interview set up as soon as testing was done. Came in three days later for in-person with manager and his boss. That day took three hours with verbal questions and a written tests. Was informed of decline twelve days later.

Interview Questions

• If we get a 5% discount on $500 item and sell it for $725, what's our profit margin on that item?   Answer Question
    • How can we maximize our chances of a customer choosing opticsplanet instead of another online retailer when searching for an item?   Answer Question
    • Be prepared in the final interview for additional Excel-based questions.   Answer Question

PHP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet.

Interview

Four steps - initial conversation with HR, a phone conversation about basic OOP principles, a Skype interview with a design pattern implementation, and an in-person interview about various topics (3 hours long)

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

It was a pleasant experience. I was 7 rounds of interview but the team was extremely warm and friendly. I absolutely loved the experience. The first round was a telephonic interview from the recruiter. It was behavioral and extremely comforting. The second round was by the technical head wherein I was asked questions on Object oriented programming, a few SQL queries and my experience in the industry. The third round was a coding assessment wherein a PHP file is sent and a design pattern needs to be implemented in a couple of hours. The last round is a personal interview by 4 team members 1:1. The process is slightly hectic but extremely interesting. It worked for me as I was prepared to be interviewed for about 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Object oriented programming concepts, design patterns in PHP and technologies mentioned on resume   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation. They have a constant pay for the position

Business Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet (New York, NY).

Interview

firstly, HR give a call, ask some basic question, like the duty of the last job,and schedule a time for phone interview, then about one week later, manager ask questions related the position

PHP Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet in September 2016.

Interview

The interview is three parts

1. Phone interview. This was a friendly conversation with questions to determine if you knew the basics of OOP
    2. Programming test from home. They send you a php file with directions on what they want you to do and you have 2 hours to complete the task. I thought this task was difficult but can be done.
    3. I'm guessing in person Interview

Interview Questions

• Part 1. They asked about basics of object oriented programing. what is inheritance, give me an example of a sql command

Part 2. They sent a php file with about 400 lines of code and wanted me to implement a design pattern to that code. You have 2 hrs to complete the task.
      1 Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet (Northbrook, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

One of the most smooth interview process! I got a phone call for the interview and within few days it got scheduled and i was called for the final in-person interview. I was interviewed by 5 people. Each of them had interesting set of questions to be answered. Everyone was very soothing and made me comfortable.

Interview Questions

• All relevant questions that describe and show the efficiency of the candidate for the job duties and responsibilities   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Had Technical Phone Interview with 5 questions based on SQL, situation, Excel. The Hiring Manager was very nice and gave time to answer the technical questions. Overall it was a good interview exp

Interview Questions

• what kind of data you would collect if the sales drops a lot suddenly?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet (Northbrook, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interviewer went fast through the questions barely making eye contact like they had someplace else to be. Also the questions asked did really related to customer service - asking me how I would handle angry co workers and when woul dbe an appropriate time to take a break

Trt Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OpticsPlanet (Buffalo Grove, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Everyone was really friendly. The environment was great. I walked in and was greeted right away. I got to talk to a few of the current employees and they all said that they absolutely love working there. The setting had me very motivated. I would definitely refer a friend to this company. The environment was also very clean and cleanly.