Orange County Transportation Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 2, 2017

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Orange County Transportation Authority

Administrative Work Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orange County Transportation Authority in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had a telephone interview a few weeks later. Only if telephone interview went well, would I be invited to an office interview. Received a request for in office interview a week later. Interview scheduled for the following week. Met with all the principal individuals in the department plus a couple of HR representatives.

Each asked a list of predetermined questions regarding behavioral situations to assess your personality, and perhaps skill set. I suspected they already had someone internal in mind for the position and was interviewing outside candidates as protocol. Many agencies like this favor interns and other internal candidates and, although illegal and would never admit to it, go through the motions of interviewing outsiders just to offer the job to the internal candidate. It happens more often than not, and is more widespread than believed.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions regarding ethical and moral behavior, and some questions regarding work experience.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Orange County Transportation Authority (Orange, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was invited to a panel interview with two people from the HR department and another 2 from the office that I applied to. The interview lasted about 25 minutes. Questions were slightly harder than typical interview questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orange County Transportation Authority.

Interview

Met the hiring recruiter at a career fair on campus and proceeded to applying online. I received an interview within 2 weeks at the main office in Orange, CA. It was a panel with one person from the department and one person from HR. They asked behavioral questions from the HR side and then proceeded with some technical questions regarding the specific position. The interview process was very straight-forward and they just want to make sure you are the right fit for the position. If you demonstrate that you have done your research and you are the right person for the position they will have no problem seeing that. Make sure you know their mission as it will help to show your interest in the position.

Interview Questions

• If your manager needed you to get a lot of tasks completed before a deadline and you did not have the ability to do so how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Not Available Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Orange County Transportation Authority (Orange, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone and live interview, Two hiring managers and one HR person, Panel Interview was divided among the three and had boat full of questions, all informative. The phone interview had a very bad voice quality, because there were multiple people on speaker phone it was kind of hard to hear.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are perfect for this job ?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Orange County Transportation Authority (Orange, CA).

Interview

I was first contacted by someone who set me up for an interview. I met with two people who were very nice and thoroughly explained the interview process. One interviewer reviewed my resume and application and verified information and asked me a few questions about my previous jobs. They then took turns asking me situational type questions. There were probably about 7-8 of those questions and then we finished with my own questions. I was offered the position about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with an ethical dilemma and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for interns but they pay well- $13/hour if you're pursuing a bachelors and $16/hour if you're pursuing your masters.

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

Met with two individuals who I was to work with closely. I was questioned about my resume and overall experience. They asked me multiple questions regarding the work I was to do, and gave me a task that I would have to do on the job to do in the interview.

Ok Place to Work Interview

Interview

it was a lengthy interview process… overall okay

Interview Questions

• whats your gr8test weakness   1 Answer

Negotiation

45 to 108 k

College Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orange County Transportation Authority (Orange, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

You apply online via the careers portion of the website. HR will review applications and phone screen resumes that meet the criteria listed on the website. After you pass the screen, a panel consisting of various members in the department you apply for is the next stage. My interview was 30-45 minutes and was very standard with opening introductions; tell me a little bit about yourself; and then dive into resume followed by typical situational questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple projects under a tight deadline?   Answer Question

Coach Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Orange County Transportation Authority (Orange, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

very relaxed They just want to know make sure that you don't have any mental issues or any drunk driving problem, do you smoke, do you like people, how often do you drink,do you get stressed out fast can you handle situations on your owndo you like to fight argue or are you a relaxed person logical person

Interview Questions

• have you ever been arrested for drunk driving do you like to bungee jump do you like amusement parks   1 Answer

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Orange County Transportation Authority (Orange, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Interview was a 2:1 interview that consisted of about 10 questions that were pretty standard/common questions such as strengths, weakness, example of team project, etc. One question that got me was "Can you think of a situation where you solved a problem in the workplace analytically?"

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a situation in the workplace where you solved a problem analytically?   Answer Question