Orc Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Orc Group

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Orc Group

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orc Group (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in August 2013.

Interview

First interview with manager and team lead. Mostly generalt talk about the position and some tech talk. Second interview with team lead and engineer was technical. Last two interviews with CTO and then HR.

Interview Questions

• First interview: General standard stuff.

Second: General programming and Java specific question. Provided some code snippets where one should point out the error or make improvements. Solve a task at home that was received in forehand and present and talk about it in the interview. Task was basically: Create an echo server and client communicating via tcp, with production quality.

CTO: General stuff again. Mostly the CTO talking about the company and asking funny questions like "When is a product complete", for which there is of course no correct answer.

HR: Formality to get to know the last details before an offer is extended.

Company has changed a lot since this. Do not expect the same process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did the initial bid. They lowered it a little bit, we then met in the middle. Very little resistance. Could probably have gotten more.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Orc Group (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview questions are not very difficult, some simple tricks with generics and operands order. They also ask to explain common network stuff and buzzwords (TCP, IP, UDP, Socket, Process, PID, JVM, memory leak, and so on)

Interview Questions

• Java object monitor - does locking on class monitor prevents locking on the instance monitors?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, they don't allowed me any serious negotioations

Presales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Orc Group (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2015.

Interview

I was scouted by a recruiter on Linked In, thus, the introduction and connection swiftly opened doors for an interview.

This was a group interview. Where I originally explained it would be a regular first interview, it turned out to be a very intense thorough discussion on all aspects of the role and responsibilities. Beyond the causal discussion regarding my background and skill-sets & the Orc's details of their firm and position, I was tasked to immediately give a presentation in English and Mandarin to demonstration both my language and presentation capabilities, I was verbally tested upon my knowledge skills and a distinct to my soft-skills

Next, I was inquired with my previous work experience where I gave examples, depth of my technical knowledge and equity derivatives understanding.

They distinctively noted they appreciate an individual whose standing includes Western and Asian mindset with fluent Chinese skills, plus, they are looking for someone with strong soft-skills, skills not regularly taught from a text book.

I believe interviews at Orc will vary dependent on the department and individual interviewers. Please take into the consideration, the cultural background and work environment of Orc for preparation.

Interview Questions

• Have you traveled for your previous work?   1 Answer
    • Do you know Linux?   1 Answer
    • Do you know how to program? Which programs?   1 Answer
    • Do you speak Mandarin? Give us a presentation please   Answer Question