Oregon State Lottery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oregon State Lottery Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oregon State Lottery

Interview

It started with a phone interview with HR. than the final interview was with the department which was conducted on Skype. After a few days they offered me the job and I had to go through background tests

Interview Questions

• They actually will give you a set of questions for which you will have time to prepare before the skype interview is held   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Oregon State Lottery (Salem, OR) in September 2009.

Interview

The initial time to contact from resume submittal, set up for phone interview, and set up for on-site interview was very quick and well communicated.
    Nice office in Salem, 2 minutes off the freeway. People there were very pleasant.
    Only thing to improve would be the length of on-site interview. One hour seems short for a panel interview; I was expecting two to three hours. Wasn't sure if they got the answers they wanted.
    It took way too long to receive the notification that the position was being removed - 3 months post-interview. My guess is they were waiting to see if budget was there the following year. I felt it wasted their time more than mine.
    Overall, it was still a very positive experience. Just based on the interactions I had, it looks like a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• Explain when you had to make a difficult decision, even if it wasn't popular.   Answer Question

Tech I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Oregon State Lottery in January 2009.

Interview

The initial communication was via email, I was asked if I was still interested in a position with the Oregon Lottery; I replied I was still interested. The next communication a few days later set up the interview. At the interview there was a panel of 2 - to managers from different entities of the organization. The setting was warm and inviting. The panel asked questions switching the interviewer at each question. There were probably around 10 questions in all. Suggestions, be honest, don't add more information than what the question asks. Don't stress out because of all the quiteness during the interview. The interviewers are taking notes and therefore during that time there is quite time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict, and what you did you remedy that conflict.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your service route experience   Answer Question
    • how do you handle customers that are upset or beligerant.   Answer Question