Origins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Origins Interview Questions

Sales Guide Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Origins.

Interview

The hiring process takes almost a month. Such a long process, and was too long and very discouraging You literally have to jump through hoops like a trained poodle. Absolutely a long drawn out ridiculous process

Interview Questions

• How do you like to be managed.   1 Answer
    • How do you overcome an objection   Answer Question
    • How have you handled a slow sales day in the past? What did you do to make sure you made your sales goals   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for more than they wanted to start me at, and received a couple more

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Origins.

Interview

Asked basic questions. The interview process was very relaxed, manager was very friend;y, so it didn't make you feel nervous at all. Why do you want to work here, where do you want to be in 5 yrs etc

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs   1 Answer

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Origins (White Plains, NY).

Interview

A series of meetings first with a store manager that thought I would be a great candidate. He informed me of current openings of the company locally.
    Then a phone interview with a district manager followed by a formal interview. The last step was a phone questionnaire that went through at least fifty questions that all seemed to revolve around a core ten questions reworded.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Origins in April 2015.

Interview

Initially contacted by talent agent. Set up for two fort five minute interviews to rate my sales and management skills. Interview was long and drab. No feedback on your answers, very repetitive, vague and pretty automated.

Interview Questions

• If you noticed an employee doing something wrong what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Origins in January 2015.

Interview

it was a typical phone screen which then moved to an in person interview. I was called back to then interview with the hiring managers and someone from human resources.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Origins (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Apply online, interview in person, lots of online paperwork to fill out online. Process took about 20+ days. Following the hire there were multiple computer based training sessions, minimal hands on experience but supportive management and staff.

Interview Questions

• customer service experience,
      availability,
      situational,
      challenging personalities   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Origins (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

DM, Talent Plus, HR, Regional manager.the talent Plus interview was to be the hardest. I know most people do not pass. I was very honest . Once you meet face to face, they ask you the same questions as Talent Plus
    My interview with regional was a joke, we did skype, then we got disconnected and spoke for 3 minutes on the phone

Interview Questions

• How do you get your team to follow you   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was ok....they come fairly close to your expectation

Keyholder Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Origins in February 2014.

Interview

I was found by an internal recruiter. Then took the Estee Lauder Co questionnaire over the phone which took about 45ish minutes. Then met with the assistant manager and manager to be offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Origins?
      Are you comfortable touching people's faces for mini-facials?
      Do you use skincare products?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Origins (San Francisco, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The first touchpoint was a Phone Screening, with questions for about an hour long. Immediately after the screening was complete, I was told I could move to the next level with a phone interview to be conducted with various executives from corporate, however, I was not contacted, even after following up via email with the person who conducted the phone screening.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Origins (Natick, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied to Origins in the store after seeing they were hiring and received a call about a week later to schedule an interview. After my initial short interview about my past work experience I was told I would have a phone interview next. The phone interview is pretty awful. All of the questions had the same structure, where are you on a scale of 1-10 for positivity, loyalty, etc.. When was a time you were positive, loyal etc... After my phone interview I did not hear back for another week, then I was scheduled to come in for a third round interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. I asked for a small amount higher than what they initially proposed and they accepted.