OutboundEngine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OutboundEngine Interview Questions

Interviews at OutboundEngine

2.6

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OutboundEngine in January 2018.

Interview

Your first contacted by a recruiter for a 10-15 minute phone interview. If that goes well you then meet with two managers over the phone for another 20-30 minutes each. If that goes well you’ve been going for a presentation that you present of their products. You have to put together a power point and have a mock phone call. This is done in person with the directors and another manager. The company as a whole seemed okay but this isn’t a position for experienced Sales Reps. I was told quite bluntly that you could be micro managed and how would I handle that.... it’s not a position for everyone however a less seasoned sales rep that needs a lot of direction could do well here.

Interview Questions

• Very typical stuff, why do you feel your a great sales rep? What’s your selling style? Take me though a typical day at your current or most recent position etc.   Answer Question
    • What type of management style do you work best with?   Answer Question
    • Here we make 75-150 outbound calls per day. How do you feel about that and what are you currently doing now in your current role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OutboundEngine (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

10-15 minute phone interview with recruiter, 15 minute in person interview with 2 recruiters, 20 minute in person interview with sales manager. It was all fairly straight forward, no role playing which was somewhat unexpected but otherwise it was very similar to other sales position interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to leave current position to come to Outbound Engine?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

AGE DISCRIMINATION - I was recruited on LinkedIn to come tour the office, listen to phone calls, see what everything was about etc. We had a couple brief exchanges with recruiters and sales managers. They told us if they saw potential in us we would get a call back to come in for a formal interview. As I was leaving I got verbal that I was the first person they would call.

Sure enough, I got a call from an internal recruiter the next day to schedule a formal interview. I prepared vigorously and went in feeling great. I was to meet with the recruiter for a short interview before interviewing with the SVP of Sales. Everything was going great until I was asked my age. Big no no, that I was unaware of being a naive young professional. I was 19 years old at the time. I answered honestly and the recruiter immediately sent me home. She didn't even let me go through to meet with the SVP. It was huge disappointment and a terrible look for the company.

It's been a couple years since this happened and I still sometimes think about it. Needed to get that off my chest.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 words your friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OutboundEngine in February 2015.

Interview

Worst hiring process ever. Go through a group interview then if they like you you get an interview with the VP of Sales who confesses to only stay with a company for only 3 years. His interview supposedly was hard but he seems to always look at the time and doesn't ask questions as an interviewer should. If you did not pass you are given another chance to do a "walk on training" session which allows you to experience what it takes. They give you a script to memorize in 1 night and trainer wants you to memorize or wing the script, but stick to the script but will be based off how many ariel flips you can do within the test. They partner you with another employee (for me was a new employee who hasn't closed a sale in 3 weeks which seems acceptable apparently and the employee wants you to speak as if you are lost when calling an owner) and then they are supposed to write a review based on how you did. Afterwards they will contact you within 24 hours which took 3 days to be contacted whether you got the job or not. So giving your current employer a 2 week notice is not acceptable.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a Linkedin account?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at OutboundEngine (Austin, TX).

Interview

I met with a woman who interviewed me, and she was so enthusiastic, very helpful while being honest and upfront about what they were looking for and what the sales job required. She told me that she "really liked me", and was excited for me to meet the SVP for my next interview. We had set up a Google Hangout the following Thursday so that I could video chat with him since I live outside of the area (NY). The day of the interview, she never called, never video chatted, never even emailed me to tell me that she wouldn't be conducting it. I called her and left a message wondering if there had been a miscommunication of time or date and to let me know, and I left her all of my contact info (even though she has my resume). 5 days later I have yet to hear back from her.

It was disappointing to go through such a positive experience for the first interview just to be let down in such an unprofessional way! If I was not right for the job I would have understood, but I don't think that she should have indicated how much she felt I would fit in, and how excited she was for me to meet the SVP if she had no intention of following through.

While originally a positive experience, this company does not seem to value professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're right for sales? (based on my background in recruiting)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OutboundEngine (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received phone call within 24hr. Phone interview with recruiter, simple, more about background info. Asked to come in for an interview the fallowing week, first met with recruiter then sales manager. Job was defined, commission pay was explained then into some questions. pretty strait forward, no tricks. Job is only for a certain type of person it is obvious quickly if it is for you

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real negotiation, if you have done your homework you know it is fair

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OutboundEngine (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by recruiter in 24 hours and did a phone interview. Very straight forward on phone, asked about prior work experience and why I want to work at outbound. Went in to office to interview two days later. Interviewed first with recruiter. Outlined commission structure and pay. She was very friendly and personable, and I thoroughly enjoyed talking with her. Then I interviewed with sales manager. Very straight forward but also friendly. Took about 1 hour total for both interviews. Called me and offered the job later that day.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult. Very straight forward questions. Just had a conversation about work history and why I would like to work at Outbound. Asked if I am up for handling the intense environment of sales for a start up and why.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, everyone starts at the same salary, but there is a lot of room to move up in pay.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OutboundEngine in August 2014.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone call and received an in person interview. The interview process takes between 30 minutes to an hour. I met with two different people. The hiring director and a sales manager. We reviewed my resume and was asked to explain some of the details, we reviewed the compensation plan, and had a Question & Answer session.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OutboundEngine (Austin, TX).

Interview

First was a prescreen phone interview. Then was the first in person interview. They were way unorganized. Interviewers were awkward & then one didn't even show. They said they'd get back to me & did. They were professional in that manner.

Interview Questions

• Asking questions and not giving you the opportunity to respond.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OutboundEngine in February 2014.

Interview

Unprofessional interview and phone screen. The person who did my phone screen and 1st interview was constantly interrupting me. I was hardly asked any questions and just told that it was an extremely difficult job. The second interviewer stopped the interview and informed me I was not a good fit because they were not looking for someone who just 'wants a job'. Ok, fair enough response, but they continued to explain why I was not a good fit because this 'aggressive and competitive' environment would either 'chew me up and spit me out or turn me into a bad b***h'. Their words. So apparently my experience working in a previous commission based environment didn't adequately prepare me for the 'bad b***h' transformation they seem to think happens to their female employees. I guess you can make a complete assumption about a potential employee, disrespect her gender, and tell her that she is unqualified for a job based on a 30 second interaction and a pleasant demeanour. Good thing I had this guy to make sure my fragile constitution didn't get corrupted in such an aggressive job. Any woman who takes this job must be some kind of masculine charged powerhouse I could NEVER compete with. Fortunately, he made sure to remind me I was 'sweet'.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked many questions beyond "why do you want to work here" stuff. I was basically told I was unqualified for this difficult job because I did not emulate their idea of a masculine 'bad b***h' woman personality that is required to succeed that only perpetuates gender inequality and is extremely sexist.   Answer Question

OutboundEngine Response

May 1, 2014 – Sales Recruiting Manager

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We want to sincerely apologize for your poor interview experience. Our goal during interviews is to find candidates who have the... More