OutboundEngine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OutboundEngine Interview Questions

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.5

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

AGE DISCRIMINATION - I was recruited on LinkedIn to come tour the office, listen to phone calls, see what everything was about etc. We had a couple brief exchanges with recruiters and sales managers. They told us if they saw potential in us we would get a call back to come in for a formal interview. As I was leaving I got verbal that I was the first person they would call.

Sure enough, I got a call from an internal recruiter the next day to schedule a formal interview. I prepared vigorously and went in feeling great. I was to meet with the recruiter for a short interview before interviewing with the SVP of Sales. Everything was going great until I was asked my age. Big no no, that I was unaware of being a naive young professional. I was 19 years old at the time. I answered honestly and the recruiter immediately sent me home. She didn't even let me go through to meet with the SVP. It was huge disappointment and a terrible look for the company.

It's been a couple years since this happened and I still sometimes think about it. Needed to get that off my chest.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 words your friends would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OutboundEngine (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

10-15 minute phone interview with recruiter, 15 minute in person interview with 2 recruiters, 20 minute in person interview with sales manager. It was all fairly straight forward, no role playing which was somewhat unexpected but otherwise it was very similar to other sales position interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to leave current position to come to Outbound Engine?   1 Answer

Retenion Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OutboundEngine (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The recruiter called me to tell me that I was in no way correct for the position. Then told me he had more questions for me as "he was struggling to understand my credentials". After explaining to him I was a professional with 10 yrs experience with sales and retaining both customers and clients he continued to berate me and insist that I was in no way qualified (BTW - then why did you call me?) For preface: I moved to Austin 4 yrs ago in the tech industry. 1 company sold, 1 gig was contract, and the next outsourced the work to India; this guy could not grasp my value due to these details disregarding a solid 10 yrs or prior service. *it should be noted that per linkedin this recruiters personal job history was 1 yr, 2 yr, 1 yr, 1 yr, 1 yr, 3 yrs, 2 yr, etc. I really wanted to be a contributing part of this emerging technology and bring my skill set to benefit this incredible company. I wish the enterprise luck and hope for some sensitivity and human capital training for this terrible recruiter to spare others this experience. What a de-motivation for someone on the job hunt. I encourage others who approach this great company - ask for another avenue in the door if you get this guy.

Interview Questions

• Sounds like you have made a decision before you called me regarding my candidacy; have you?   1 Answer

Market Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OutboundEngine (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

A preliminary phone interview turned into a two-hour in person interview. Three separate managers interviewed me, asking almost the exact same questions each time. I was very impressed at the office layout and location, but unimpressed with the actual interview, and furthermore, unimpressed when I found out that the hiring manager who coordinated my interview was fired while I was sitting in with the managers.

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OutboundEngine (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

After a brief phone interview I was invited to schedule a face-to-face with the management team. I interviewed with three managers separately up to and including the director of the location in Scottsdale. They had more of a conversation with me than an interview, which I found refreshing.

Interview Questions

• They asked some about my outside of work interests in addition to some of the questions you might expect.   1 Answer

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OutboundEngine (New York, NY).

Interview

*This is my personal experience, but not necessarily the experience of other people.*

I interviewed for a position that was new to the company, and the overall process took a very long time and did not include much communication or transparency. I feel like the nature of the role was probably the primary factor that impacted the length of time and decision process.

Total process:
    2 rounds of phone interviews
    3 rounds of in-person panel interviews

It was drawn out, I met with the same people on the phone and in person 2-3 times each. In the end, there was no feedback provided about my performance or reason I was not selected after an extensive interview process. I felt like they did not manage their own time or my time very effectively (inability to make a hiring decision effectively is a worrisome thing to see from a smaller company).

Interview Questions

• [Prompted with a basic business directive] Break down the core of the problem statement and list the information and actions that would be best effective to achieve the goal.   Answer Question

OutboundEngine Response

Jan 4, 2017 – Director of Recruiting

Unfortunately it appears that you are leaving a review for the wrong company. Our company name is OutboundEngine, but we are located in Austin, TX and Scottsdale, AZ but we are not located in New... More

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OutboundEngine (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted by HR Recruiter. First contact was great with the HR Recruiter. The second interview with the hiring manager was a little off. See more info below.

Interview Questions

• We discussed past work experience and some standard STAR questions. I was then referred to the hiring manager. The HR Recruiter emphasized selling excel skills to the hiring manager. I took this advice, but it did not seem to be the information the hiring manager wanted. The hiring manager wanted direct specific experience in a particular business process. The problem is, most people won't have that specific experience, but the skills we obtain are transferable. It was disappointing speaking with the hiring manager as it was deemed that I would not be qualified based on the resume glance.   1 Answer

Retention Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OutboundEngine (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was comprised of the standard tell me about your experience and tell me about a time when STAR interview question format.

The interviewers were extremely engaged in learning about my specific experience within the Retention segment and asked questions that required me to provide both anecdotal experience examples but also to provide specific tactical responses to their questions.
    I felt like I had a great opportunity to sell the team on my skills.

Interview Questions

• What methodologies have you used in the past to reduce churn?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OutboundEngine in August 2016.

Interview

Started off well and quickly became very unprofessional...We had a group interview where they give you a tour and the opportunity to shadow other inside sales reps and also provide lunch. I got called back for a second interview with a young girl and the recruiting director. The girl was very unprofessional, wearing a see-through dress where you could see her thong and bra, texting and picking her nails and overall rude. I thought the interview with the sales director went well but after following up I didn't get a job offer. This part takes the cake though. A few days later a different director reached out to me through LinkedIn and asked me if I would like to get "dinner and drinks one night."

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OutboundEngine in August 2016.

Interview

It was a very easy interview. Went into the office and had a 30 minute interview and got a call the next day saying that I got the job. Went over the compensation plan and asked me basic questions about myself.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to handle people being mean to you on the phone?   Answer Question