OutboundEngine Reviews

Updated May 11, 2022

Found 283 of over 295 reviews

3.1
OutboundEngine CEO Prem Luthra (no image)
Prem Luthra

16 Comments

Advertising

115.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=OutboundEngine~729583
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of OutboundEngine and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome Environment

May 11, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice perks Good benefits Good hours Good location

Cons

Tough product to sell Cold calling

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Account Executive Review

Apr 27, 2022 - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very committed and supportive managers. The sales floor is a great environment to be around for motivated individuals who are looking to be pushed by their peers and push others to reach their goals! Promotion track is very straight forward and you really are the only person controlling your success. Great place to be for whatever level of experience you have in sales!

Cons

I have nothing negative to share about my experience with OutboundEngine.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

A company BEAMING with ABUNDANCE--PROSPERITY & OPPORTUNITY

Apr 27, 2022 - Account Executive I
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very detailed training. hands on managers. REAL opportunity and real leads. Awesome atmosphere for an office. It boosts your energy and makes you feel like you're going places

Cons

Honestly, none haha I'm lucky

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Experience at OE

Apr 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A strong emphasis on team collaboration

Cons

No growth opportunities, no chance for a pay raise, no consideration from upper management

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not worth it

May 4, 2022 - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Snack room. That’s literally all. But note that the snacks are all off brands.

Cons

Base is a lot lower than most sales positions else where and quota is really difficult to hit. It’s 2K/ month but most deals are $159. If you don’t hit 50% you don’t get ANY of your commissions. Definitely a scam & a money grab.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee

RUN

Feb 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

good snacks and free lunch on Friday

Cons

this place is hell. I never slept at night with anxiety. the made you dial non stop for 10 hours a day. they watch you like a hawk. its awful. its working a lot of hours for a business that you don't even own.... get into real estate yourself instead

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Prodded Like Cattle

Jan 11, 2022 - Senior Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Commission and bonus structure

Cons

Bad management and unreal expectations

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Used to be fun and productive

Jan 31, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Happy hours and the people

Cons

Management, opportunity, no growth, downsizing

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Greatest Saleswoman in Tech

Nov 24, 2021 - Senior Account Director in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Talking about Crystal Blue during company update, what a quota killer. The best sales floor in the world to learn from. Opportunity for woman to learn and grow in the sales industry. Crush competition on the daily like the legendary Crystal Blue

Cons

You’re a con to yourself if you don’t take this opportunity of a lifetime to learn from the best.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

I wouldn’t wish this job on my worst enemy.

Dec 9, 2021 - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was able to bond with other people in my department over how much we disliked this job.

Cons

The base pay is terrible, the hours are horrendous, and management’s behavior is unacceptable. They incentivize you in the beginning by making you think it’s not a call center and that you’ll be making 6 figures. In reality, you get ridiculed for every little thing and the average commission check per deal is about $199. You have to dial 200+ times a day, follow their script to a T, get yelled at if you go off script, but then get yelled at for not closing a deal using the exact script they provided. There’s no winning here. All you’ll have is a $200 commission check and zero work/life balance. Additionally, sales management have a track history of very inappropriate behavior.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 283 Reviews

OutboundEngine Reviews FAQs

OutboundEngine has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 295 reviews left anonymously by employees. 51% of employees would recommend working at OutboundEngine to a friend and 49% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, OutboundEngine employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at OutboundEngine. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

51% of OutboundEngine employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated OutboundEngine 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at OutboundEngine to be management, benefits, career development and the cons to be work life balance, senior leadership, compensation.

Popular Careers with OutboundEngine Job Seekers