OutboundEngine Reviews | Glassdoor

OutboundEngine Founder and CEO Branndon Stewart
Branndon Stewart

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • to succeed there you need to put the time in which makes for a tough work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Long hours if you want to get paid (in 10 reviews)

1. "Amazing experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

The sales knowledge and experience you gained from OutboundEngine is second to none. The managers truly care and work hard to lead you to success.

Cons

One of the hardest sales jobs in the world. Work hard for them and they will work hard for you!

2. "Not for mid-stage/senior career professionals"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good for early career stage employees looking to understand sales & company operations.

Cons

Lacked transparency and effective vision setting for high level goal obtainment.
    In need of a sense of urgency and solution selling mindset.

"Senior Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at OutboundEngine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great way to get your foot in the door if you are looking for a career in sales.

Cons

Company is behind the curve when it comes to marketing. The email campaigns are great, the content is great, but they are severely lacking when it comes to social networking.

Advice to Management

Find a way to improve the effectiveness of your product. Word of mouth goes a really long way and unfortunately a brand change isn't going to keep current and past clients from telling industry leaders just how effective your product is. Yes a buyout is the goal, but wouldn't it be nice if you actually helped your clients as well?

"Good starting position when entering the tech world."

Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great PTO, parking and benefits. Still has a bit of the old start up feel to it. The office location is fantastic with a great view

Cons

Management has their favorites and it’s very obvious. Recently cut bonus/commission but increased quotas. Could do a better job showing appreciation to their employees

Advice to Management

Value the current talent that you have and bring back the culture we once had. We need to focus on giving a great client experience. There’s too much focus on the numbers right now

"Getting paid to hang out ."

I worked at OutboundEngine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Snacks that the sales floor hoards. Community members and atmosphere. Free swag. Good base pay.

Cons

Hard to meet quota, as in 60% of the sales floor doesn't meet it monthly. 3 months of no quota, you're fired, just like any other sales job, but they expect you to sell at a high level, and offer very little support/training.

Advice to Management

Get a quality department.

6. "Just celebrated my 2nd year"

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

95% off the time I wake up happy to come in the office. 5% of the time, I've stayed up past my bed time and want to stay home with my dogs. I'd say that says a lot about this place. I have been in sales over 20 years, so it's fair to say I've been around the block, maybe even the whole neighborhood. One of the things I love about sales, especially as a woman, is your ability to write your own paycheck. A couple of the things I really love about this place. I get to work with a lot of hardworking people. People are always willing to help a peer out. Commission structure is set to reward those who work hard, so are spiffs. Free parking downtown and we get the good bagels, from Wholey bagel. They have happy hours and live shows at our office. Also, probably my favorite perk is the nice 2 week long break over the holidays.

Cons

Sometimes they play to much Justin Bieber, I guess it's a plus to some, but I'm just not his biggest fan.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide great support for your staff, your creating a great environment.

7. "INCREDIBLE company to work for..."

I worked at OutboundEngine full-time

Pros

- OutboundEngine has the best company culture I've ever seen! Perfect balance between high energy/enthusiasm and professionalism.
    - Every day is extremely exciting and the team is so supportive of one another. Everyone wants everyone to succeed.
    - The more successful salespeople on your team will happily mentor you if you're willing to learn from them.
    - The best training program I've ever been a part of, NO QUESTION! When you start you are given all the tools and every opportunity to succeed at this job.
    - Management is amazing....
    My manager Mike Marroquin is everything you want in a manager and mentor: very inspiring, but also holds you to your daily goals. He is always there for you and only gets on your case when you need the help. He's awesome.
    The Directors of Sales Cody Frank and Scott Minton are also phenomenal at their jobs. Cody is very hands-on with everybody, despite having so many people to look after. He inspires you to be the very best version of yourself. Scott is one of the brightest, hard-working people I've ever met. He's also very personable.

Overall, I cannot recommend this company enough for outgoing, hard-working salespeople!

Cons

- If you're a hard worker, it's a BLAST to work at OE...but if you're not willing to put in the extra time, go that extra mile, etc. then this isn't for you.
    - You're highly accountable for your position, so if you like to hang out and coast you won't last very long.
    - If you're an anti-social person, this also probably isn't the best fit. Be prepared to constantly step out of your comfort zone.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!! Best Biz Dev infrastructure I've ever seen -- it's truly baffling how awesome you guys are. The trainings are always great - keep those up. Maybe break up the salespeople's days with role-playing exercises. For those starting out at least, role-playing is so key to getting better on the phones.

Summary: this company is going places and I was so happy to be a part of it!

8. "TOP NOTCH sales training, company culture, and compensation...a triple threat!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I worked at OutboundEngine full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined the OutboundEngine family fresh out of college, and quickly came to find this company functions with unparalleled authenticity and ambition.

Where many tech startups may choose to "burn and churn" sales representatives, OutboundEngine operates with a level of integrity that makes all the difference. Their management team invests in employee growth with regular training, and offers genuine mentorship + support without hesitation. Their team believes both in their product, and in their people. I looked forward to coming in to work everyday, and the sales foundation OutboundEngine built is one I'll proudly stand on throughout my career.

Quality product, genuine coworkers, and great compensation to boot....I loved every minute working for this company!

Cons

None, really. OutboundEngine operates like a well oiled machine.

Advice to Management

The 2018 Sales Summit you hosted at Alamo Drafthouse was terrific- a perfect illustration of the positive work-life balance your company provides. Keep doing what you're doing.....it works! 2018 looks bright.

"account executive"

I worked at OutboundEngine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I will say this company has amazing people who work for them
    the employees are nice and warming
    the management is nice but lacks management skills
    benefits are great if free parking, health insurance, cool views, happy hours help you choose a job.

Cons

the commission structure is a mess and constantly changes even though you sign a contract
    the management are nice people but lack training think of wolf on street with a sub par product
    the easiest way to sell a product is to empathize with the prospect and find pain they want you to work with 500 + leads in your pipeline with industries in a very niche market as to the type of client they are looking for that it would benefit. it is a very hard sale

the management instead of providing coaching cancels one on one coaching to improve and stuff numbers in your face on metrics and where they think needs improvement with no direction or actual leadership. they are laid back, but in a micro managing kind of way they think just discussing numbers will make it change instead of getting a sense of direction. think of being worked as a work horse with no direction.

i am actually being nice giving 3 stars writing this they are more of a 1.5 star business

no organization. they have produced 65%- 80% (when any tenoned sales person knows that anything below 90%-120% is un acceptable as a sales group as a whole) to goal consistently to goal the past 15 months and blame it on minuscule things such as not hiring tenoned sales people, being understaffed, being a slow season for certain industries etc.....when honestly it comes down to management and mindset. Read advice for management on more information

If you are a female do not expect to succeed here in sales department. sexism and unfair pay advantages on salary are the worse i have ever seen in a sales career in salary pay of women versus men, unless you are in the good ole boy crew with the sales management team if so, then you will get paid more than your worth.

Advice to Management

TRAINING. all caps . good management is not about whether or not you can do a sales rep job but whether or not you can inspire, motivate, direct, and lead sales reps into the right direction to want to be and to be successful which I honestly can see within the past 8 month as a lack.

Most of the sales managers are nice people but nice gets you nowhere without skill and they lack leadership training so if you want to succeed train them to be great and lead, not manage great people

10. "You get what you sign up for"

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are a good salesperson and willing to grind you will make money. I started over two years ago and went from 32k to 150k annual. They provide the sales training and constant motivation.

Free snacks, food, and drink. Random happy hours and a great culture.

Cons

Long hours
    Large call volume
    growing pains in sales team
    large carrying quotas as you progress

Advice to Management

Please give quota assistance so you reps can take advantage of vacation from the bountiful commission you provide us.