OutboundEngine Reviews | Glassdoor

OutboundEngine Founder and CEO Branndon Stewart
Branndon Stewart

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • to succeed there you need to put the time in which makes for a tough work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Long hours (if you choose), Saturdays, lots of dials, and a lot of rejection (in 9 reviews)

1. "Easiest Call-center to work. Not a forever job."

Former Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Austin, TX

I worked at OutboundEngine full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PTO is amazing, we are not micromanaged, two weeks vacation around the holidays paid, base salary is average, and you can control monthly commissions which averages around $300 a month extra. The commission could be higher depending on metrics. We get random company lunches, happy hours, and group activities. We have snacks and drinks, coffee, and espresso machine.
    The management is super lenient and at times too nice. They try to help you as much as possible. If you ask they will help you.
    We get above average insurance plans that include, dental, vision. Automatically everyone had life insurance up to $50k.
    OutboundEngine provides parking downtown, or if you prefer to take the metroRail or bus. OutboundEngine reimburses your cost for Capital metro. So it's like $98 a month, and OutboundEngine covers the cost.
    You get to work with a growing and changing team.
    The ability to get promoted is extremely high. Normally customer success at OutboundEngine is the stepping stone to other roles within the company. And some reps have moved on from OutboundEngine customer success to more lucrative jobs after OutboundEngine.

Cons

We are in a temporary growing pains stage of the company. Although this is the case our clients still come first. We don't push trash onto our clients like a review posted before.
    We don't do an account ownership type system. Example: 1 Rep may handle 300 clients.
    Clients may call in whenever they need help.
    It can be overwhelming in the beginning to understand how to address the customers concerns and also how to be creative when taking about the customers business, and see if the client needs another OutboundEngine program.

Advice to Management

Provide new trainings concerning social platforms, trainings on a weekly basis, and lead by example.

"Customer Success Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at OutboundEngine full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ok pay, plenty of snacks, room to move up if you’re into that kind of job. Easy for the salesman type to move up into the glamorous upper management.

Cons

This is a telemarketing job, no two ways about it. You’ll be pressured to push garbage product onto the already-scammed customers while having management breath down your neck. Painfully boring culture.

Advice to Management

Be more honest about what this job is. Focus on keeping customers happy instead of trying to sell them more trash. Take it easier on the upsells.

3. "CS Department (Inside Sales)"

I worked at OutboundEngine full-time

Pros

-cs has lots of cool peeps to work with. Smart, creative.
    -one half of the CS managers are great.
    -free medical benefits for you and spouse
    -selling is a skill that will help your entire career
    -cs work life balance is good

Cons

- not a CS job. it is a sales job, long blocks of cold calling and revenue quotas.
    -product is buggy and outdated. spend a lot of time defending on the phone or asking when a bug is going to be fixed.
    -if you do well in the sales of your job, you can get away with anything.
    -some managers are great. others are mean. one executive gets paid to hide all day (no one can ever find them ever), while another is the first to arrive and last to leave. mo consistency.
    -below market pay. there are bonuses but they change the structure a lot. used to make bank, but at the end not so much

Advice to Management

be honest about what you're trying to do here. do not call it a "support job" with "some upselling" when its a sales job.just be real about what the goals are and youll get happier people in the role who are excited to sell for you.

"Former Sales Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at OutboundEngine (More than a year)

Pros

There used to have all the la Croix flavors, great managers, structure and happy employees.

Cons

They only have Pamplemousse, management has zero qualifications, I don't think they have any staff left and everyone is desperate to jump ship from a failing company.

Advice to Management

What management?

"A great place to learn the industries and find out about yourself"

Current Employee - Customer Success Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Success Representative

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and fun culture. Lots of great people that work there.

Cons

Not a lot of growth opportunities. The product needs a lot of work to continue to compete. Going through some growing pains as a startup and things are constantly having to change because of that.

Advice to Management

Get on the same page, have a plan for growth and scaling, and a solid way to implement that. When the bottom level is on the same page as the top and everyone is working together, that's when companies are most successful.

6. "Inside Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at OutboundEngine (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to get some experience in sales. They're committed to education and training. Management treats the employees fairly.

Cons

Startup life is chaotic and not for everybody. Change is constant- scripts, strategies, employees and management.

"Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Absolutely nothing. Managers were a nightmare who all did drugs

Cons

Everything. Managers would bully you for not going to extra morning trainings

"Great Way to Start Your Sales Career"

Pros

Highly motivated coworkers and great mentor-ship. Great way to start your sales career.

Cons

Its a grind, be prepared to work and be fully immersed in wonderful world of rejection that is sales.

"It started off as a great place to work, but..."

I have been working at OutboundEngine full-time

Pros

When I started it was culture that first drew me in as it was the people and the belief in what we did, that it made a difference. The company perks are also still a plus.

Cons

A slip from the original company culture to something that is unpleasant with an emphasis on micromanagement and one that makes it hard to justify staying even with what perks we have.

Advice to Management

Focus, invest in, and trust your people to do and work ans succeed.

"Marketing Development Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at OutboundEngine full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. If you're looking for a challenging job where you are in charge of your paycheck at the end of the day, then this is a great fit.

Cons

You really are doing the same thing every day and it can get boring.

Advice to Management

N/A