OverOps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at OverOps

2.8

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OverOps (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

Complete disconnect between all parties recruiting / HR / management and executives m. The HR leadership is out on vacation and fires of excuses as soon as your email hits the inbox. Showed up for a scheduled interview and no one on the original schedule was present. Other irrelevant folks substituted. Verbal offer which never materialized

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OverOps (San Francisco, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Extremely erratic. Multiple week gaps between stages. Several cancellations and reschedules. Two on-site interviews cancelled the afternoon before.

Would shy away from accepting an interview. The multiple last-minute changes suggest the company is distracted and probably does not have adequate funding to grow staff.

Absolutely no question the company would never hired a person who modeled the same behavior.

Interview Questions

• Asked to download, install, and run the trial product after the phone screen.   1 Answer

Solution Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OverOps (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I found the company through a 3rd party recruiter. Their internal recruiter contacted me. Had a phone call with VP of Solution Engineering. Next was on-site with VP, an SE, the CTO, then the CTO.

People Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OverOps (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

My interview process was quick and fairly simple, taking about 2 weeks total. After a 30 minute call with the recruiter, I was sent a project to complete. After completing the project, a few days later I was told that I was wanted to come into the SF HQ and interview with 4 people on my team. The interviews were about 30 minutes each and each asked different questions (some about the role, my previous experience, culture and behavioral). Within a few days I was offered the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous experience and how it applies to this role   1 Answer

Enterprise Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OverOps (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter via email only & straight to the hiring manager. Interview with the hiring manager was just running through resume, very closed-ended questioning. Not very interesting, very one-sided. Try to sell on the fact they want their salespeople making $500k-1M when Glassdoor doesn't even have them breaking $200k.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest deal you've sold?   1 Answer

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OverOps (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Scattered and disorganized.

Everything went well at first. I've applied on-line. didn't hear anything so I pinged them again at which time a recruiter responded. Response started with "so sorry for the delay".

We discussed the job and my background and availability; recruiter told me they will follow up quickly. Didn't hear so I had to ping recruiter again for a feedback and again, a "sorry for the delay". A few days before the interview, OverOps remembered they have a slightly new recruiting process and asked me to install their tool so I could discuss my experience during the interview. Make sense actually.

So, I've installed, we rescheduled, another week or two goes by and a phone interview was scheduled. Had a great conversation. Hiring manager was friendly, professional and asked many good professional and soft-skill questions. The interview was followed by another phone interview with one of the employees. That call was also enjoyable. I gradually became more interested in joining the team.

Two weeks go by until another phone interview is scheduled with hiring manager. Conversation went well and I re-iterated my starting date availability.

Next, a phone interview with CTO. A very sharp and smart guy. I was impressed that he also takes an active part in the recruitment process and was willing to talk in lengths about the company, products and vision. Left a good impression.

Final round, a F2F interview with hiring manager. Again, took some time to schedule a meeting. The meeting went very well IMO and hiring manager was very nice and friendly. At the end of the meeting he told me it's between me and another candidate and promised to get back to me in the next couple of days. After 3 weeks of no feedback, I pinged the hiring manager who told me they decided to hire someone else who could start working earlier than me.

So, two months after we started the hiring process, after several delays on OverOps part, after sharing my availability from the get go, after pinging back, OverOps sent a laconic response that seemed as either a brush off response or a testimony to a disorganized process.

Summary: everyone I spoke to during the process, from recruiter to hiring manager to CTO seemed very nice. The process itself, sans the delays, is comprised of several rounds but they all made sense for a relatively small company that wishes to find the best fit for its needs.
    However, OverOps, through it delays, having to constantly ping them, and the final response, left a negative feeling that they don't appreciate candidates' time.

Business Development Representative Interview

Interview

Phone screen after which there's a call with the Sales/BDR manager and then on-site. The interviewer was definitely misleading because she was very enthusiastic and raised my expectations. She was very pleasant and nice to talk to. I think they interview a very high volume of candidates, which is why I didn't get thru the process after the phone screen. The interview went really well otherwise, and the questions were behavioral and about Sales.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OverOps.

Interview

I had a phone interview, then a product interview in which I was asked about my overall experience, and how it is related to the product they develop. then they asked some basic product questions.

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OverOps (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

Amazingly considerate process. They didn't bother with run-of-the-mill questions, instead, they really asked about relevant issues, without patronising or pompous declarations. they did everything in their power to make the whole thing a short and as easy as possible.

Really felt like a great place, too bad i didn't get the job.

The process itself included a skype interview, an onsite test (not a trivial one) and another skype interview