Owens Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 27, 2016

2.9

Library Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perrysburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Owens Community College (Perrysburg, OH).

Interview

The interview was three on one. It was held in a comfortable room and had a friendly atmosphere. It took over a month to get a job offer. The story I heard later was that there were only 2 qualified applicants, but that one would have been against the hiring rules because she was the daughter of another employee in the same department. The higher level managers then said I could not be offered the job because I did not specify which library circulation program I had used in the past. The job posting had to be revised just to offer me a position. Meanwhile, none of my questions were answered between the interview and the job offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked mostly about my experience and plans for the future   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Owens Community College (Toledo, OH).

Interview

Hiring committee usually 4-6 individuals across institution

Interview Questions

• Name a movie or TV show that closely reflects you and/or your family.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR determines pay based on your experience level for the position, not sure if there is any negotiating especially now with financial crisis.

Professional Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Owens Community College (Toledo, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

Long story short: I sat with the chair of the mathematics department and it really boiled down to whether or not I knew any statistics (apparently the demand was pretty high for statistics tutors). He gave me a quadratic equation and asked me how I would go about solving it. It was really basic stuff, honestly.

Adjunct Faculty - Sociology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perrysburg, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Owens Community College (Perrysburg, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

The supervisor at the time went through my entire resume with me from top to bottom, asking me questions about each piece of information regarding my background. At first, I was anxious like in most interviews, but as time went on, I became very comfortable and knew in the back of my mind, that this was going to prove to be a great learning experience. It was actually a very refreshing approach to having to be interviewed. Most interviews feel like an interrogation, this was a very organic type of conversation and professional discussion. I felt great the entire time during the interview process and that is very rare. They made me feel comfortable and welcomed me with open arms.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach Sociology? Why do you wan to teach specifically at Owens Community College?   1 Answer

Part Time Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Owens Community College (Toledo, OH) in August 2010.

Interview

Online application with resume and cover letter. Also, I was asked to submit transcripts from each of the colleges I attended. Within a week of completing online application, I was called in for a one on one interview with a department head. She interviewed me in her office on the Toledo campus. I was hired on the spot and began work within a week of hire. This was six years ago, and I am still working at Owens.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain how I evaluate and grade students' essays.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation because salary is the same for every new hire teacher. The compensation was presented to me without the opportunity to question it. However, a scale of regular raises was presented to me.

Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Owens Community College (Toledo, OH) in October 2009.

Interview

I had one interview. I went to one of the supervisors offices, she started asking me questions. I was a student so it was easier to get the job. She asked why I would be a benefit to their safety department. She also asked my availability and I think that's a major reason I got the job because I was so flexible and right on campus.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to be a dispatcher since I had no previous experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a student job so I was quick to say yes. Just make sure you seem eager and willing to learn.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Owens Community College in February 2009.

Interview

Involved resume and application online, followed by a panel interview.

Negotiation

No negotiation, Union contract determined all "negotiables".

Help Desk I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Owens Community College in October 2008.

Interview

There were 6 people on the panel and they each took turns asking questions, ie. stengths, weakness, etc.