Oxford Brookes University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Oxford Brookes University Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.8

PhD Studentship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford Brookes University.

Interview

Applied online for a PhD studentship, got an invite to a Skype interview soon after. Two interviewers and both were very nice. They asked questions about my previous research experience and about the science and techniques underlying the proposed PhD project. Afterwards they explained the structure of the course and explained things like that I'd have to committ a certain amount of time each week to teaching.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the research your potential supervisor has conducted in the past?   1 Answer
    • Why is this project and this research important?   Answer Question

Various Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Oxford Brookes University (Oxford, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

You are shortlisted against a criteria which is part of the application details you are given. Make sure you complete a supporting statement that matches that criteria, you must match every point to stand a chance of being shortlisted. A fair and transparent way of having your application processed

Interview Questions

• They are based on the job specification and criteria, make sure to provide examples when answering questions.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oxford Brookes University (Oxford, England (UK)).

Interview

I got the job because I was already known to the manager it was a pretty easy process. I submitted a CV, from which they shortlisted a minimal list of people, the director scheduled the interview date was done around my availability, and I later found out was able to exclude another candidate who was on holiday.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about closing the service if it failed and deal with staff   Answer Question

Web Digital Media Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Oxford Brookes University (Oxford, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

It felt quite formal at first, sitting around the table. But once in the room it turned into more of a conversation. It flowed nicely with questions coming from the panel.

Interview Questions

• How can social media impact the conversion of a potential student applying for a course at OBU.   1 Answer

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford Brookes University.

Interview

Good, solid interview - short and to the point. Collegial and friendly, non-threatening. It took about 45 minutes overall, including the 10-minute presentation. Panel had 4 members. There was an opportunity to ask questions

Interview Questions

• "why would you want to work for us" (standard question), "what was your biggest mistake in lecturing and what have you learned from it"   Answer Question

EOA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oxford Brookes University (Oxford, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Q and A with Execs and Management. No quiz or skills test just a lot of competency based questions that related to the job: asked about conflicting priorities, time management, project management and supporting the team. To assure success I talked about different things I would like to implement within the department to ensure efficiency, but I was lucky to have been temping with them previously.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you Project Managed.   1 Answer

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oxford Brookes University in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online, sent interview details a week later. Loads of notice of interview. Was met by friendly member of staff and had a short skills test before being brought to the interview itself. Panel of 3, but were very disinterested. No effort to shake hands etc before interview. Felt they were just going through the motions.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Skype interview.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oxford Brookes University (Oxford, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

we were asked to join an informal interview, and then at the interview we were asked whether we can do fast typing and attention to detail level for a data entry work.

Interview Questions

• What is your typing speed on an average?   1 Answer

Senior Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oxford Brookes University (Oxford, England (UK)) in August 2009.

Interview

Generally smooth and fair. 10 minute presentation followed by interview. Panel of 3, including HR person. Questions were relevant and straightforward. No silly questions. I think they may have asked if I had any weaknesses, but not sure - I have a terrible memory for things like this (one of my major weaknesses, I'm afraid). Got a phone call from HR a couple of days later offering the job. Standard contract came though post. Relocation expenses of £5k paid for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A