Oxford Brookes University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oxford Brookes University

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Oxford Brookes University (Oxford, England (UK)).

Interview

I got the job because I was already known to the manager it was a pretty easy process. I submitted a CV, from which they shortlisted a minimal list of people, the director scheduled the interview date was done around my availability, and I later found out was able to exclude another candidate who was on holiday.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about closing the service if it failed and deal with staff   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Oxford Brookes University.

Interview

Good, solid interview - short and to the point. Collegial and friendly, non-threatening. It took about 45 minutes overall, including the 10-minute presentation. Panel had 4 members. There was an opportunity to ask questions

Interview Questions

• "why would you want to work for us" (standard question), "what was your biggest mistake in lecturing and what have you learned from it"   Answer Question

EOA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Oxford Brookes University (Oxford, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Q and A with Execs and Management. No quiz or skills test just a lot of competency based questions that related to the job: asked about conflicting priorities, time management, project management and supporting the team. To assure success I talked about different things I would like to implement within the department to ensure efficiency, but I was lucky to have been temping with them previously.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you Project Managed.   1 Answer

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oxford Brookes University in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online, sent interview details a week later. Loads of notice of interview. Was met by friendly member of staff and had a short skills test before being brought to the interview itself. Panel of 3, but were very disinterested. No effort to shake hands etc before interview. Felt they were just going through the motions.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Skype interview.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Oxford Brookes University (Oxford, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

we were asked to join an informal interview, and then at the interview we were asked whether we can do fast typing and attention to detail level for a data entry work.

Interview Questions

• What is your typing speed on an average?   1 Answer

Senior Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Oxford Brookes University (Oxford, England (UK)) in August 2009.

Interview

Generally smooth and fair. 10 minute presentation followed by interview. Panel of 3, including HR person. Questions were relevant and straightforward. No silly questions. I think they may have asked if I had any weaknesses, but not sure - I have a terrible memory for things like this (one of my major weaknesses, I'm afraid). Got a phone call from HR a couple of days later offering the job. Standard contract came though post. Relocation expenses of £5k paid for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Senior Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Headington, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Oxford Brookes University (Headington, England (UK)) in October 2008.

Interview

Extremely organised and detailed. I was sent letters giving me clear instructions with dates, times and places including travel and joining instructions. The interview involved giving a short ten minute lecture followed by a question and answer session. If you know your subject, then it is very easy. One person asked very strange and odd questions.

Interview Questions

• How do we know that you will not leave us if you were offered more money?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not very flexible. If they promise anything try to get it in writing.