Pöyry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Pöyry

2.8

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pöyry (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

Multiple telephone interviews followed by face to face with your local manager and a case study to test your knowledge

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness? ( what an unimaginative question)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Could negotiate but nothing substantial

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pöyry (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Learned about the position throught the career office at school. Sent resume and got a call back a few days later.

Had one full day of interviewing with Principals, Senior Consultants and Consultants. Mix of behavioral questions and case studies.

Strong company culture
    Dedicated to recruiting the best people
    Speedy process
    Nice people
    High profile projects

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little to no room for negotiation.

Marketing Analyst, Forest Industry Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pöyry (New York, NY).

Interview

about an hour interview with 6 or 7 people. So a day long process. Good questions, nothing provoking. Be prepared to know about industry as much as you can. Know some basic terminology. Talk about transferable skills from your past job/experience

Interview Questions

• How your past experience applies to the job you are interviewing   Answer Question

Electrical Designer and CAD Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pöyry (Neenah, WI).

Interview

Was hired almost on the spot with KCC, it took about a week, but ity came through for the good.

Interview Questions

• Could you program the PLC's and at that point I could not, but looked at the programs to do some of the Electrical Schematics and verify some issues   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negociate salary to what I was confotable with, work environment and different issues like that.

Energy Analyst Interview

Interview

Got referred by current employee, the CV screening was followed by a traditional telephone interview regarding past experiences and some specific questions about recent projects related to energy. The next and final stage was an assessment centre at their offices consisting of a series of interviews with director, senior consultants, analytical & reasoning tests.

Energy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pöyry (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Was asked to attend an in person interview which went quite well. Towards the end of it I was asked my salary expectations which I believe was the primary reason I was not offered the role. We had a 30% difference and they had a cap on the position.

Interview Questions

• I was given a data sheet and asked to analyse the data on excel in 30 minutes. Followed by a 30 minute period to write an essay on the findings.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pöyry (Zürich (Switzerland)) in February 2015.

Interview

friendly style with senior and younger manager, three interviews in total, one was on the phone and one was with the HR,
    good HR
    information on the department and projects
    information on the travelling
    questions about CV and studies
    why Switzerland and why consulting

Interview Questions

• typical HR questions   1 Answer
    • technical questions on the job specifics   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pöyry (London, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

Positive. Invited to London office to take an analytical test followed by a meeting with other consultants. Seemed like a decent and accommodating bunch. Went for coffee in the end.

It was the whitest company I have seen.

Interview Questions

• Analytical questions asking to solve math puzzles with increasing levels of difficulty over a period of one hour.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pöyry (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)).

Interview

Initial communications came as I had a contact with someone working inside.

Interview Questions

• Not applicable. The interview process was pretty simple. Only background check and talk.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pöyry (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in February 2010.

Interview

The day consisted of an interview with a HR representative and a Senior Engineer, A group activity where the group had to come up with, in their view, the best solution to a problem, a personality test and a 5 minute presentation about a university project or work placement.

The interview was held to find out more about the candidate and what they would do in certain situations. Pöyry know that coming out of university you don't have the technical skills required and so don't ask any nasty technical questions; they recognize that you will learn what you need on the job and that is why they have a graduate program (as it should really always be!).

Everything was very straight forward and relaxed. All in all I thought it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• What mistakes have you made both in university/work and outside university/work.   Answer Question