PFM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

PFM Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2018

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PFM.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR rep who is based in Philadelphia office, one week wait for in person interview at actual Hburg office. Heard back approximately one week later.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us something interesting about yourself we wouldn't get from your resume"   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PFM.

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone interview and then was invited to interview in the office. The final interview was very short (30 minutes) - i did not receive an offer.

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PFM (New Orleans, LA) in September 2017.

Interview

I skipped the phone screening with HR because they liked my resume. I have a 1.5 hour phone interview where the asked all their questions (it lasted so long mainly because I had a lot of questions). Then, I was invited to an in person interview that was about an hour where I asked a bunch of questions...they only had 2 questions for me. From first interview to last it was about 2.5 weeks.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PFM.

Interview

On campus recruiting, an online assessment for math skills, then interview at the Philadelphia office. The interview was a straightforward behavioral interview, albeit intense. It was 4 hours of interviewing with four separate groups of people. While some of the interviewers were great and enthusiastic, two of the teams seemed like they could care less than to be there.

Interview Questions

• What makes you feel your major and course work is applicable to the job?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PFM.

Interview

-On campus interview
    -Online math assessment
    -A couple of 1 on 1 interviews with managing directors, followed by two interview panels with whoever is available to chat with you (associates, senior associates, directors)

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with excel/financial modeling?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PFM.

Interview

Organized and efficient interview process. Initial phone screen and then interviews with several members of the investment team. Everyone I met with was professional and pleasant to interact with throughout the entire process.

Public Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PFM (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through my university job board and got a first round interview. It was a 30 minute interview with two managers/directors at the SF office. They just read to me a list of questions. It was a kind of awkward interviewing experience because they did not seem very engaged or interested in anything I was saying. They would barely acknowledge my answer to a question before moving on to the next on their list. It was definitely hard to read how the interview was going. A couple weeks later I got asked to formally apply through their job site and was asked to do a take home math assessment. A few days later, I got asked to come to the SF office for a final round interview. I declined because I had already accepted another job at that point.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the PFM group and why are you interested in public finance   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your last internship   Answer Question
    • Is there anything we didn’t ask that you would like to tell us about   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to present something in your internship experiences   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a class you like   Answer Question
    • How would you be prepared for a position here   Answer Question
    • Tell us when you had to work through a hard math problem   Answer Question
    • What other classes outside of finance and econ have prepared you for this role   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PFM in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was generally relaxed and all questions were behavioral. You discuss your resume and then they ask you very predictable, personality questions. (the common 'tell me about a time when you...')

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PFM (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Behavioral interview, the basic question that you always get asked, "Tell us about a time..." Nothing unexpected to be honest and the interviewers were explaining their daily life at the company to me.

Software Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PFM (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me asking if I would be interested in a Software Sales Specialist position, we then schedule an initial phone screen. At the end of the phone screen a phone call with the president was scheduled. After the phone screen with the president, two phone interviews were scheduled with two other members of the team, both called me extremely late, which was an inconvenience as I was taking the calls in between meetings with clients. After these two interviews, I was then asked to have another phone call with the president, it was at this point he decided to mention that they were changing the duties of the position as they felt the gear up time for the role would take a little longer than expected (six months). I was fine with this, as long as the end result was being a Software Sales Specialist, but I'm not sure why this wasn't mentioned until the fifth interview.

Finally, a four hour long in person interview was scheduled. I was asked to prepare a 20 minute sales pitch for the interview. I met with the recruiter, president, founder, partner, and four different team members. Throughout the interview, the president continually called me the wrong name and did not have me present my sales pitch I had worked on. There was also another change to the position's duties, and they now claimed it would take a year and a half to get up to speed in the role. At the end of it, he asked me to "think long and hard" to come up with four reasons why PFM was the right place for me, and then email him a week later to schedule another interview. At this point it was time to cut the cord, six interviews with eight different people is enough to decide if you want to hire someone. I did not follow up as I felt this was turning into a waste of time. I understand it is a new division and they want to find the right fit, but there is a point when it becomes disrespectful to the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• General questions you would expect on a sales interview, tell me about a time when....   Answer Question