PGA TOUR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at PGA TOUR

2.7

Sort:

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process as a whole is very good. All the questions are behavioral. They just wanted to find out why you are interested in the internship and the company as a whole.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PGA TOUR in March 2018.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first one is a one-way interview via Spark Hire. The second one is a Skype interview. The one-way interview has easier questions than the Skype interview.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blaine, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at PGA TOUR (Blaine, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

Twenty-minute first interview
    The second interview was with the old food and beverage person. He was a total BS artist but I needed a job so I figured that money would be okay, building is beautiful, and maybe get some golf perks

Interview Questions

• If I am ok with late hours and holidays. Willing to work weekends. Cover shifts when people call in sick (and it always seemed that the same people were sick even after posting on Facebook about the party they were at last night).the others No flags were risen even when all of us knew so and so was simply hungover but we covered for them with no discipline to the others   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PGA TOUR (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

Pretty simple and straight forward, just be prepared like any other interview. Asks you sales questions, marketing questions, etc. They flew me out to meet in person after talking with people on the phone first. Paid for everything, put in nice hotel, etc. Nice interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for this job?   1 Answer

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ponte Vedra, FL

Application

I interviewed at PGA TOUR (Ponte Vedra, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Very general phone interview followed by an online video interview that lasted about 20 minutes. Basic questions about why the PGA Tour and what I would bring to the organization. Applied in December, interviewed in March, found out decision in early April.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PGA TOUR (Saint Augustine, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process went very well with mutual interest that lead to flying out for a face to face interview at their headquarters in St. Augustine, FL. There was mutual respect that didn't lead to an offer once we discovered my experience and salary level were higher than what they could offer at the time.

Interview Questions

• Asked several questions about production and golf knowledge   Answer Question

Digital Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ponte Vedra, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PGA TOUR (Ponte Vedra, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Long yet valuable. Met with team in one day. Very structured and organized. Phone interview followed by one day of in person meetings. Given offer a week after interview. Questions were very fair: experience, skills, why work here, etc.

Interview Questions

• All questions were fair. Nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PGA TOUR (Ponte Vedra Beach, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

Once I applied I received a call back within 1-2 days. From here we set up a phone interview. If you did well on the phone interview you were selected to go down to Ponte Vedra for a full day of interviews. There were what seemed like 500 people there. Before lunch you had 2 or so interviews with employees, one consisting of a sales pitch. Before lunch the weeded out half of the applicants. After lunch, they selected 10-15 (i cant remember). From here the group of 15 had longer interviews with groups of current employees (about 4). Then, you toured where you would work. I made it to this process then never got a call back (obviously didn't get the job, but no courtesy email. Overall an awesome experience to spend the day at TPC Sawgrass.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me a pitch on why someone should attend your University?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PGA TOUR (Ponte Vedra Beach, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

I had one phone interview and then a full day of departmental interviews. I met with everyone on the hiring team, as well as the HR representative. They do not pay for travel expenses, but they did treat me to lunch during the process. Also, they used lunch as a way to see how you interact in a less "stressful" situation.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness and how can you turn it into a positive?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PGA TOUR (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Interviewing with PGA Tour was torturous. I first had a phone interview, then I was asked to come in for another to meet the rest of the management team. 7 more interviews individually meeting with 7 other people. The same typical questions, nothing I wasn't prepared to answer, just over a period of 4 hours. I do not understand why it wasn't a panel interview, that would have been far more productive and efficient. I know know efficiency is not a strong suit for the Tour. Especially in HR as I came to learn later.

I was then called to meet and interview with yet another person, grand total of 8 interviews. One might be led to believe that after 8 interviews, you've got the job in the bag, right?

Wrong. I was told I was overqualified for the position but that they had something coming up that they wanted me for and would reach out to me at a later date. That day never came. I kept reaching out to my contact and the conversations got shorter and shorter until he simply quit responding to my messages.

1 year later I did get a job with PGA Tour but in a different department. Unfortunately same HR but that is a different review.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this position?   1 Answer