PHENOMENON Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Group Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PHENOMENON (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

The CEO reached out via a recruiter. I had a Skype interview which led to an in-person interview. Standard questions, and inflated his own skill set, the agency capabilities, client roster, and projects executed. 3 layers of interviews led to a similar experience, as they have the story memorized.

Interview Questions

• Outside of the typical questions on thought leadership and handling difficult scenarios, an unexpected turn was when the CEO challenged personal philosophy and how it applied to business acumen.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick fire with a midnight offer.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PHENOMENON (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Beginning in June 2012, I was Krish's executive assistant for just over a year. After a year, I moved into an account management role and continued to work at Phenomenon for a few more years. When considering applicants for the EA position, Krish looked for someone who wanted to learn the business and eventually move up in the company.

During my first interview at Phenomenon, I met with both Krish and his Executive Assistant; they asked questions related to my work history as well as other questions that helped them to determine if I was capable of handling the large amount of responsibility that came with the role (such as my availability to work late in the evenings or on weekends, should it be necessary). They were professional and kind to me but also honest about the demanding hours of the position.

When I was ready to move up in the company, Krish and I began the process of interviewing potential candidates together. These interviews were always professional and we had no problem filling the position. During the years I worked at Phenomenon, I saw several people hired as an EA and, after a period of time, move up to other positions in strategy and account management. I still keep in touch with a few of them who are all very successful and grateful for the opportunity they were given by Krish.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • Are you prepared to work longer hours due to the nature of the business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PHENOMENON (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted about the position by the company's in-house recruiter and went through two rounds of interviews. The first was a phone call with the recruiter to talk about my background, my interest in the industry and position, and the company overall. The position was advertised as one that would allow for upward mobility within two years and an excellent learning opportunity about advertising in general.

My second interview was in the Phenomenon offices with Krish, the CEO. It lasted about 20 minutes and I was asked about my work background, my aspirations in advertising and my lifestyle. It was explained to me that the position was incredibly demanding and would require considerable personal commitment and sacrifice because it required 24/7 connectivity and availability. I was looking for an unconventional company and a challenging job where I could be rewarded for hard work, and the EA position was the right fit.

I was offered the position and started working at Phenomenon in April of 2015. I was the EA to Krish for almost two years and in that time I sat in on dozens of interviews (every interview conducted in the executive office) and trained new Executive Assistants. After almost two years in the role, I was promoted into the strategy department where I currently work.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PHENOMENON (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was very well thought-out. Phenomenon does not want to hire anyone who isn't absolutely passionate about the industry. If you are ever interviewing for the executive assistant position, do not have the impression that this is a job simply to pay the bills- sign up for this position with the intent to move up in the company. CEO is smart and genuinely cares.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in a career path in the marketing industry?   Answer Question

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PHENOMENON (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I went into the office and they asked me a lot of questions which i answered intelligently. Glassdoor keeps asking me the same question and that I'm not over length

Interview Questions

• How did you survive working at Pitch? And how many people quit during your six months there? Glassdoor keeps asking me the same question and that I'm not over length   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated over the course of two emails and a phone call. Glassdoor keeps asking me the same question and that I'm not over length

Brand Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PHENOMENON in July 2015.

Interview

Quick and easy. Recruiter reached out to me via LI. Came in for an interview the next day, negotiated the day after, and got my offer and accepted the fourth day. The team was great and asked questions that would allow me to talk about my experience. The recruiter was responsive and always on top of getting me what I needed.

Interview Questions

• What are the three strongest qualities that you can bring to the table?   1 Answer

Senior Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PHENOMENON (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Quick, recruiters aren't very well informed on positions/ candidates they're recruiting.

Interview Questions

• unexpected questions because it's a non traditional agency   Answer Question

Negotiation

Application

I interviewed at PHENOMENON in December 2013.

Interview

Krishnan (CEO) was horribly unprofessional, creepy and awful. He groped me (grabbed my behind) and propositioned me during my interview with him. I didn’t realize at the time that the job for personal/executive assistant was equivalent to an escort because that is what he was describing to me during our chat. I left humiliated and embarrassed. I did not report this as I was much younger then, but should have said something. He was telling me how his wife was cheating on him, with a Greek gentleman. It was odd and traumatizing.

I felt like I was in the twilight zone.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with sharing a room with me? Because traveling is a part of this job.   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with wearing lingerie? Because going to the playboy mansion is also a part of the job!   Answer Question
    • Would you be willing to give me a massage?   Answer Question
    • Do you have a boyfriend?   Answer Question

PHENOMENON Response

Nov 6, 2017 – HR

Phenomenon is a zero-tolerance environment from any form of harassment and we take allegations like this very seriously. We encourage you to file a formal complaint via our Human Resources Department... More

Executive Assistant/Office Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

I interviewed with Krish Menon in December of 2010 for the role of 2nd Executive Assistant and Office Assistant. I applied for the position through an online job posting. The interview process lasted ~2 days, and I worked for the company and Krish for 5.5 years.

The interview was arranged by Krish's executive assistant, who was present for the entirety of the interview, as well as my follow up meeting with Krish the next day. During the interview, Krish asked pretty standard questions about my past experience and my ambitions. He grilled me a bit on my interest in marketing as my undergraduate degree was in Neuroscience, and asked why I didn't choose to go into neuromarketing research instead. He asked me about my lifestyle only as it related to my ability to be available whenever needed and to dedicate significant time to the job (late nights, weekends, etc.) Krish also explained to me the demands of the job, the various responsibilities I would take on, and assessed my ability to juggle multiple responsibilities at once.

All in all, I was a bit intimidated (this was my first real interview after college), but Krish was extremely professional and kind. While he did not sugarcoat the amount of work required by the job, I walked away feeling pretty good about the interaction overall and excited about the opportunity.

Once hired in 2010, I worked very closely with Krish for 5.5 years until June of 2016, and witnessed the hiring of numerous executive assistants during this time, many of which I still keep in touch with to this day.

I found Krish and Dulari (the president at the time) to be extremely invested in my success at the agency from day 1. Krish was a tough boss to be sure, but always professional. By the time I left Phenomenon for graduate school, I had risen from 2nd executive assistant/office assistant to the level of Senior Brand Manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in marketing? Why not neuromarketing?   Answer Question
    • Would you be able to come into the office over the weekend if necessary?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question