PNY Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 4, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PNY Technologies (Parsippany, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was relatively simple. It took one day (about 2 hours) and I met with each person in the department that I would be working with. They first asked what aspects of my career that I was most interested in and then followed with some more general questions to gauge my motivation and determination as a candidate. When it comes to an intern, they simple want someone who can learn efficiently and be motivated each day.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous employer or boss describe you as a person?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PNY Technologies.

Interview

Strange superiority complex and off-putting. Started to quiz me on basic accounting as if to throw me off guard. I lost interest and trolled the interview half way through. I was happy to leave.

Interview Questions

• Basic accounting questions to "test" but ended up being more insulting than anything.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PNY Technologies (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

The interview was horrible. The manager was rude and did not pay attention during the interview. I would not recommend this company for anyone considering working in the marketing department.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PNY Technologies.

Interview

Phone interview then onsite. Usually give tow or three spots to pick but this company just give one time slot without asking availability. It thinks that a candidate applied only PNY.

Interview Questions

The company doesn't treat well in terms of salary and benefits. Onsite Interviewed and got impressed that all of interviewers were not so happy and not provide of what they are doing. I don't want to be in the unhappy team.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PNY Technologies (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was very basic and obviously not geared towards even being a professional type hire. It was blatantly obvious that I wasn't hired because of my flawless and massive experience. I was, hired instead, because no one else wanted the shift they had available and they were absolutely desperate to fill the position!

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a difficult caller/visitor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told by the agency that PNY wanted me to come in for an interview and that's what I did.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PNY Technologies (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

Really poor communication setting everything up, had to come back three different times after the initial phone interview, to essentially be grilled by people who had no bearing on the actual position. Interviewers asked in-depth questions that required deep industry/company specific knowledge to answer.

Interview Questions

• What is the next step in the development of computer memory?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Little negotiation, was initially lowballed, and was only able to bring them up to a barely-acceptable level.

Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PNY Technologies (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

short, around 30 Minus. Hiring manager was not involved in first interview, HR selection only. No phone interview, only called for on-site to confirm date and time. Didn't hear anything back within 3 weeks after the first interview. Interview process: phone call to confirm time, on site interview with one human resource, then HR will pass information to hiring manager, hiring manager to select people for second interview

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PNY Technologies (Parsippany, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter and went in for interview within 4 days. Met with HR person then department manager. Both asked general questions. Both made it a point to tell me they do not fire or lay people off a couple of times so I guess they have had some issue with that. Office lobby and conference room was nice, did not see actual working area. Left with positive impression. HR told me it would take 2-3 weeks to make a decision and that was factual. Anyone I saw going in and out of the office area did not look happy, no one was smiling.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work here"?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PNY Technologies (Parsippany, NJ) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewed initially with HR, basic questions. Then interviewed with Senior Accountant, who got more involved & quizzed me on some basic accounting stuff like bank recs, etc. Next round was controller who went through the resume meticulously & asked questions on almost everything.

Interview Questions

• If you were doing a bank reconciliation & ran into a problem, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PNY Technologies (Parsippany, NJ) in June 2011.

Interview

Sat down with engineering manager and was very straight forward. I was explained what the job would entail and was asked some basic engineering questions to determine my level of knowledge.