POPSUGAR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

POPSUGAR Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.9

Art Director Interview

Interview

My interview process at POPSUGAR was more thorough than most interviews I've had in the past, which lead me to believe they are careful about who they chose for their team. Julia was helpful, organized and very knowledgable about the company. There was constant communication and I was never left in the dark about the status of the job position. Everyone I met with was very professional which made the entire experience more enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle managing multiple projects at one time?   Answer Question

Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at POPSUGAR (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Although it was a rigorous interview process, 3 interviews in total, POPSUGAR made every step enjoyable. My recruiter, Julia, would check in with me every step of the way and I truly felt taken care of. The best interview experience I have had in my career by far!

Interview Questions

• How could you see yourself growing within the company?   Answer Question

Office Coordinator Interview

Interview

Submitted application online and quickly heard back. Scheduled a phone interview which was only 10min felt very short. Was told they would let me know if they would want to further the process.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at POPSUGAR (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was smooth and the recruiter was very responsive. They worked fast with me to accommodate timing of other opportunities I had and definitely made me feel valued from the start. I had a phone screening with the recruiter first, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. Next, they provided a take-home exercise to get a better understanding of my excel and financial modeling skills. Finally, I was invited in for an in-person interview. The recruiter and interviewers made me feel welcome and showed me around the beautiful, inviting office.

I received an offer the next day and they helped expedite on-boarding so I could start ASAP.

Interview Questions

• How would you think about forecasting our revenue for the year? What information would you need and how would you use it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at POPSUGAR (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward and fast process. Phone screen, technical phone interview, on-site interview. The whole process took around two weeks. The good part is that during on-site interview you have a chance to speak with people from different "levels" and teams. At least as the engineer you can expect a conversation with VP which gives you the idea where company is moving. People in general are friendly and fun.

Office is clean and located near the Financial District (few minutes away from Bart). You can expect an office tour prior to the interview itself and they will show you where the "magic is happening"...

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at POPSUGAR.

Interview

Very unprofessional and unorganized process. Recruiters are the first impression that a candidate has of the organization, so their actions and demeanor say a lot about a company. Not only did the recruiter schedule a phone interview and cancel once, but TWICE. I waited by the phone for our scheduled call for 30 minutes one two separate occasions, and each time was alerted by email that she "had to cancel." This was a clear disregard to the value of my time. All subsequent interactions were of poor quality. It really doesn't take much time to spell out the word "you" instead of "u" in emails, and not being able to articulate what the job entailed just really cemented the air-head factor. The on-site interview was pretty unorganized as well. As I left I was told I would hear a decision in the next three days. It took THREE WEEKS. There were only one update in between, where they said they were still interested and I was a top candidate. The final blow was when they sent an automated response saying I was not a good fit.

Hands down the most unprofessional interview process I have ever been through. If you would like to attain top talent, please take a look at your hiring staff. Even if I had been given the offer, I would have strongly considered this poor experience in terms of how the company and day-to-day operations were run as a whole.

Interview Questions

POPSUGAR Response

Aug 8, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this review. We strive to ensure that everyone feels valued and appreciated as they move through our interview process and I am sorry that you did not ... More

Associate Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at POPSUGAR (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was an ok experience overall... but i felt like before the interview even started, it was pretty clear they already had their mind up about who they were going to hire (and it wasn't me). The second woman that interviewed me acted BEYOND bored and uninterested in anything i had to say. Maybe she was having an off day, i don't know. But it was awkward and unwelcoming.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?
      Which celebrities do you follow and why?
      What do you think about the Kardashians? (yep, that was an actual question)
      Answer Question

Oct 10, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you felt unwelcome - that is definitely not the experience we want candidates to have when they interview with us. If you could share with me any ... More

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at POPSUGAR (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The phone screening wasn't really difficult, felt more like a friendly chat. After phone screen, I was invited for an on-site interview, and and again - absolutely positive, the interviewers were really friendly, and even helpful (which you don't see every day) so it was indeed, a positive experience. Seems like a nice company to work with, shame that I messed up with a couple of questions.

Interview Questions

• 1) My last project.
      2) How would you test certain part of our application
      3) Some coding exercise.
      Answer Question

Frontend Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at POPSUGAR (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Was asked to put together an application before the recruiter even spoke to me. By itself it was a pretty good task touching knowledge of algorithms, javascript, visualization, AngularJS, etc. It was a fairly long homework assignment.
    Upon completion of the assignment there was a phone interview with the VP of Engineering who was mostly interested in backend, devops, etc. questions, not much in the front end.

I wish PopSugar communicates well their needs for full-stack developers before asking candidates to put time and efforts into coding.

Interview Questions

• Take a second to imagine that you are in a room with 100 chairs arranged in a circle. These chairs are numbered sequentially from One to One Hundred. At some point in time, the person in chair #1 will be told to leave the room. The person in chair #2 will be skipped, and the person in chair #3 will be told to leave. Next to go is person in chair #6. In other words, 1 person will be skipped initially, and then 2, 3, 4.. and so on. This pattern of skipping will keep going around the circle until there is only one person remaining- The survivor! Note that each chair is removed when the person leaves the room.

Write an HTML page using Javascript/Typescript and Angular to visualize the disappearing chairs and figure out which chair the survivor is sitting in. Please send me the answer and your working code.
      3 Answers

Aug 8, 2016 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you felt our communication was lacking. We will speak with candidates (for the full-time engineering roles) before asking them to do the take-home test to ... More

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at POPSUGAR (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about 3-4 weeks total. It consisted of one phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes and two onsite interviews where I individually met with members of the team that lasted about 1-2 hours each. Although the interview process was a tad lengthy, I had a great time interviewing with POPSUGAR overall. The people I met were so kind and friendly, they really made me feel comfortable during the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What is your familiarity with the Digital Media Industry?   Answer Question