POPSUGAR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

POPSUGAR Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.9

Assistant Beauty Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at POPSUGAR.

Interview

I applied through the website. Then they sent me a test on my e-mail and I scored the interview. After passing a phone screen with the recruiter, I had an in-person with the editor.

Interview Questions

• What are the websites that I check everyday to come up with articles?   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at POPSUGAR (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I submitted an application and was asked to complete a writing sample within five days. This included five sample posts with photos and links, as well as answers to a few questions about the publications you read, the TV show you most like to watch, etc. Afterwards, I spoke with an editor on the phone. Then I had another round one in-person interviews with three members of the team.

Interview Questions

• What blogs, websites, and magazines do you read on a regular basis?   Answer Question

Ad Trafficker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at POPSUGAR (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Everyone in HR was extremely helpful and responsive during the interview process. I had a phone interview with the HR manager, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and an in person interview with the team. The team asked a few questions about the tools they work in but most questions were about my experiences and seeing if the team would be a good fit.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied for the intern position online. And got the onsite interview. They introduced their company and did position description. They also reviewed the portfolio and the design process.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at POPSUGAR (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process itself took about 2 weeks from application to close and I also had a vacation in the middle of that time so total of about 4 weeks. I applied online and received a response shortly after. I had a recruiter phone screen, a phone interview, video interview, and an onsite. Everyone was accommodating to my timeline and did their best to squeeze in as many interviews as possible before I went on vacation.

I came back from my trip and had the onsite. Everyone was kind, down to earth, and made me feel welcome. The questions ranged from asking about my background, my approach on problem solving, to more technical executional questions. No brain teasers or trick questions. Everyone was straightforward and honest with their answers so I got a good understanding of the challenges.

Received an offer the next day. Very quick turnaround!

Interview Questions

• Asked about specific details on how I would navigate and adjust the platform.   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at POPSUGAR.

Interview

I submitted an online application for the position and one month later I received an email from an employee thanking me for my interest and requesting a writing sample. The writing sample was due within a week.

The writing sample consisted of three prompts relating to the tasks required in the position (i.e writing pseudo-articles in the company's style within the genre of the position). Within these prompts, I was asked to describe how I would promote the articles on social media platforms. The second half of the writing sample included five interview-style questions.

After submitting the writing sample, I was told they'd be in touch soon. When I didn't hear anything back, I sent a follow-up email. I never heard back from the company.

I normally don't expect an answer when submitting general applications, but I find it odd to receive nothing after they stated they'd reach out.

Interview Questions

• What are your go-to sources for finding out what's happening on the internet each day?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about three celebrities or personalities that you believe have exceptional social media presence. What makes them exceptional?   Answer Question
    • In your opinion, what three things make content "shareable"?   Answer Question
    • What celebrity would you most like to have dinner with, and why?   Answer Question
    • Which of the POPSUGAR verticals are your favorite, and why?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at POPSUGAR.

Interview

I went through a phone screen, phone interview, and a round of onsite interviews. Almost everybody was friendly, welcoming, and professional except my actual hiring manager. She proceeded to vent about her job for 20+ mins without asking any questions to me. Huge red flag! Didn't get the offer- but glad I didn't.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at POPSUGAR (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

My interview process at POPSUGAR was a really positive experience. The recruiter was very organized and responsive throughout the entire process, which made the experience much more pleasant. I had two phone screenings with the hiring manager and a member of the team, followed by a take home assignment and another round of more in-depth interviews over video conference. The recruiter also made sure to check-in via email and arrange a phone call during this time. I was flown out the following week to tour the office and meet the team in person. They were very accommodating with my schedule and planned my trip very nicely. Everyone was so friendly and warm, which made me feel comfortable from the very beginning.

I received an offer shortly after my visit and accepted immediately.

Editor Interview

Application

I interviewed at POPSUGAR in June 2017.

Interview

Process was incredibly unorganized. Company requested 3 interviews, all with 24 hour notice or less. Long, rigorous test was requested with a quick turnaround during a weekday. Founder seemed more interested in talking about celebrity gossip than the company itself. Had no regard for my time and then ignored me when I requested an update after hours of time invested in the interview process.

Moms Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at POPSUGAR (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly mainstream, and to be honest for a company of this size I was pleasantly surprised with how communicative and helpful they were through the whole process. Side note: I was dying inside because I've wanted to work for this company for years, so when I got a call back I was over the moon.

Interview Questions

• Why do you (as an assistant editor with zero children) feel passionately about the parenting sector?   1 Answer
    • What are some topics you enjoy writing about? What strives a nerve? What gets you mad and what makes you excited in the parenting world?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle workplace difficulties or strife between team members?   1 Answer