POS Portal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

POS Portal Interview Questions

Interviews at POS Portal

1.8

Sort:

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at POS Portal.

Interview

I applied to this position via indeed and was promptly followed up with for a phone interview. Shortly after I had one onsite interview. The process was streamlined and seamless. I met with the required people for the role and didn't get pushed into 4th or 5th round interviews. They have very nice conference rooms with projectors and white boards, they showed me the office which is very bright and productive. Every one I met or passed by was busy but had a smile on their face.

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations moving from agency to corporate recruiting?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple, easy process. I did not negotiate as they made a VERY fair offer.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at POS Portal (Louisville, KY) in July 2015.

Interview

Very laid back and positive. I met with a recruiter from their California facility and we went over my qualifications. We toured the facility and talked about the different positions that were available.

Interview Questions

• What role do you see yourself in in the future at this company?   Answer Question

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at POS Portal (Sacramento, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

1 phone interview, 2 in house. Phone was a general pre-screen that covered all the qualification bases. First in-house was with close working members of the group directly involved with the position. Second was with higher-ups and technical developer types.

Overall a really good approach from the company, and they did a good job on answering any questions I had. They made me excited about what the company was doing yet the overall tone was comfortable.

Interview Questions

• They mainly asked background questions pertaining to my experience. Also, queries such as "explain a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Sales/Support Interview

Interview

This is one of the best interview experiences I've ever had with a company and my colleagues that interviewed here agree. It's a pretty informal process and they make you feel comfortable while you're in the office. Everyone says hello to you and checks in to see if you've been helped while you're waiting in the lobby. People were friendly and happy - it seemed like everyone wanted to be there. You really get a sense of what it would be like to work there because they give you lots of real world examples and you meet a lot of people. They let you interview them as much as they interview you to make sure you're comfortable with the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• If you could hand-pick a career here, what would it be?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at POS Portal (Sacramento, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

They screened me at a booth during a career fair... They followed up about a week later with a Phone Interview. It was fairly standard stuff, the recruiter spent awhile bragging about POS Portal's culture. In the end, I suspect they decided I was overqualified. A friend of mine received an offer for the same position which was fairly low in my opinion. I'm glad they didn't go further in the interview process with me, it would have been a huge waste of time for such a low salary.

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Interview

Very unprofessional. VP of HR did not even bother to show up to the interview. Very young culture, but not necessarily a positive quality. Total disregard for my time. Interviewed with a "manager" barely in his twenties who probably thought I was there to take his job.

Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at POS Portal in August 2013.

Interview

I was given one phone screen and one onsite interview. The whole process took approximately two weeks before I received their decision. The interviewer made me feel comfortable throughout the entire meeting. There weren't any brain teaser problems; we mostly just discussed the projects I had worked, my previous internships, and what I expected to get out of the internship.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Just some basic MVC questions, as well as some general Web-Dev trivia (status codes and whatnot).   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at POS Portal (Sacramento, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial screen with in house recruiter followed by two in person interviews

Interview Questions

• None. It was acutally quite a relaxing conversation as far as technical jobs go.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked for more money and they said no.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at POS Portal (Sacramento, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very poor experience! The VP of the PMO was an hour late to our interview and was sending/receiving text messages throughout it. The recruiter was similarly unprofessional and seemed irritated that I was taking up any of his time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? There were no technical questions or tests included   1 Answer

LDR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at POS Portal (Sacramento, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I was asked to come in for an interview by a man that was no longer working there when I arrived. They required a powerpoint presentation on their own company. Ten people sat in on my interview that I never worked a day with.

Interview Questions

• Are you a competitive person, because if not you won't make it here.   1 Answer