PSC Metals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at PSC Metals

Sort:

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PSC Metals (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Reached out on LI and got an interview with hiring manager, then met with his boss.

Hiring manager seemed like he never did an interview before (a lot of pausing, thinking). His boss was unprofessional, to include using profanity, asking illegal questions (age, kids), and asking questions about attractiveness of females.

Got an offer. Will decline.

Don't get me wrong, they were nice enough people, but what this tells me about the company is tragic.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at PSC Metals.

Interview

Different one on one interview. asked a lot of random questions. Admitted to trying to put me on the spot, which was fine. I guess that was one test he put me through. At the very end he kept asking me, "What else?" as if he was expecting something, and I didn't know what to say other than make up something, or just say nothing.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the buyer position? I sat there like, well, I don't know I thought that was why I was here, to find out about the buyer position. I did my homework researched the company, but I literally didn't know if I was buying scrap for the company? or buying raw materials for some construction.   1 Answer

Drive time, lack of detail when asking about the job benefits, requirements etc.

Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PSC Metals (Cleveland, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

Initially was discussing the "Network Administrator" position with 2 head hunters. ( I still have the paper trail of emails) The day before the actual interview with personal at PSC Metals the job was changed to help desk / network admin. ( 60% of your time will be spent doing help desk work.
    I found this disturbing, but chose to continue the interview.
    Then after meeting with three individuals one of the interviewers ket stating
    "Let me axe you a question"
    Axe? How do you axe someone a question, perhaps this (in my opinion) person chose to use such unprofessional grammar This is not the company I wish to work for as unprofessional grammar during an interview and bait and switch tactics do not work for. So be warned.

Interview Questions

• "Let me axe you a question" was the main sentence that was used.
      I stopped counting after the interviewer said this eleven times.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant/Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PSC Metals (Cleveland, OH) in September 2018.

Interview

As an out of town candidate, all of my interviews were via phone. I spoke with a recruiter through email and over the phone about the position. A week later I had a phone interview with the Controller. A week after that I had another phone interview, this time with the CFO. I was then asked to take an online Excel test. The next day, I had another phone interview with the manager of the location where the position was held. A little over a week later, I received an email from the recruiter letting me know they decided to go with another candidate.

Each step in the process was organized and everyone I spoke to was professional and respectful.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions regarding my experience and education.   Answer Question