Pace University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Pace University

2.3

Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pace University (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Easy interview. Nothing was really unexpected. Interviewer was friendly and not intimating. Very short. Great environment. Interview was easier than expected and not much was required for the position. Culture is really nice and everythkng was fully explained. All expectations were set out up front.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pace University in February 2012.

Interview

Knowing someone in the organization is important. Get to know the person in the hiring process and you will have a good chance of making it through. Additionally, experience in working for bureaucratic organization would help you answer questions easily.

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pace University in May 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly and discussed the type of work that would be covered during the internship. Asked questions about social media and how I would contribute to their accounts. Also asked about other interests. Quick interview and good energy.

Interview Questions

• How would you use Facebook to engage users during the summer?   Answer Question

IT Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pace University in January 2013.

Interview

It was fast and casual. questions normally are basic and more about personality that fits to the organization.
    the manager called Rich was very nice. sad thing is that the salary is a bit low from what i understand. it can be great part time job for students in the campus

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Pace University (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

My caveat for my review is that I do not work in academia and perhaps do not understand the hiring process for that industry.

I was referred in to a position and also applied online. Approximately 3 months after I completed the online application I received an email from an interview coordinator who turned out to be a part time assistant for the hiring manager (a VP level). I was asked for my availability to come in for a committee interview and was given a list of 8-10 names who would be at that interview. When I asked if I needed to prepare anything, I was told no. Even though only 4 people from the list actually attended, this committee interview was somewhat stressful because I am not used to this interview format. At least everyone was professional, polite, and asked informed questions. I had no idea how I 'did' at the interview and did not hear any feedback nor receive any responses from my thank you emails.

I did not hear anything for about 2 more months when I got another email from the interview coordinator congratulating me for being a finalist for the role and asking my availability for another committee interview. This time I was sent a list of about 8 very high level people who would attend. Again, I was told that I did not need to prepare anything. All 8 people on this list attended this interview -- and it was extremely stressful as there was one person on the committee who outranked all of the others. I felt that this individual guided most of the questioning and tone of the meeting and perhaps the other people in the room did not feel free to speak. Again, after the meeting I had no idea how it 'went' and never received any feedback.

One high level person claimed to not be available at the time of that second group meeting and requested a 1:1 interview. From the moment this person greeted me in his office I could tell there was a 'problem.' First, he seemed quite angry to see me -- I'm not sure why, as I had never met this person before--and he was extremely hostile the entire time we met (30 minutes). He proceeded to badger me with a negative and skeptical tone about my credentials and was quite demeaning--even picking up my resume at one point and dismissively throwing it back down on his desk. At one point he flat out said 'I have no idea why I am meeting you as a finalist for this role' then asked me 'how I got to be a finalist.'

I'm not sure what this person's issue was, but I found it completely unprofessional, regardless of the industry. After all, if he had such a problem with my candidacy, he could have just provided that feedback without torturing me with a 30 minute in person meeting. The interaction with him felt sadistic and I felt bullied.

There were people I interacted with in the process who were lovely to deal with, but overall I now find myself turned off by my first interview experience in academia and question the culture at this particular institution. I believe that if you aren't treated well in the interview process, when everyone should be trying to put their best foot forward, it might be a sign of a toxic environment.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with marketing automation systems? Do you do direct response marketing?   1 Answer
    • Why are you a finalist? Why am I talking to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pace University (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Basic questions nothing too out of the ordinary. Let me speak about experiences. Make sure you do your homework and come prepared. If you do that you'll be fine. I enjoyed this interview.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pace University.

Interview

I had both a phone interview, and an on site interview. Both were average interviews, but unfortunately they do not give you an answer. After my second interview I received no phone call, no e-mail, no nothing. I did not even get a response to my thank you e-mail. Both lasted no longer than 20 minutes and both were also a 2-on-1 interview. Altogether they weren't completely unorganized, but could have been run a bit smoother. There is nothing worse than getting into an interview and feeling like they did not even look at your resume, and unfortunately that is how it felt here.

Interview Questions

• "How would you ensure your success here in the first 30 days?"
      "What was the biggest compliment you have ever received?"
      "How can you relate past experience to this specific position?"   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pace University.

Interview

Heard back within a couple of days applying. First phone interview, then followed up with 2nd panel interview the following week. Had to give a presentation. Did not hear back for a month, then received email about going with another candidate. During the interview, everyone was friendly, and the questions were interesting. At first everyone seemed uninterested, but picked up after 15 or so minutes. Typical questions about work experience, situational questions, then personal questions. Although I was not offered a position, and it took what felt like forever to hear back, it was positive and it went well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pace University in May 2010.

Interview

They had no idea what they were hiring me for. They first offered me the position part-time , then full time after they found out I must be full time

Interview Questions

• Can you also teach a class in Chemistry? I had never taken Chemistry   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had to negotiate several times over the past few months because they were so below norm

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pace University (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied with the application form online and resume through email. After two weeks, I contacted by a professor and invited me to interview. The interview only ask about the schedule and talk about what to do. Got the result right away and signed the contract after one week. Very easy interview.