Pacific Crest Securities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pacific Crest Securities Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Crest Securities (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of one phone call and then a second round superday at their Boston office. I was interviewed by 8 people in total, including senior members, and the day lasted several hours. It was an overall pleasant experience and I liked the people there and got positive feedback. Very few technical questions were asked. However I have not heard back from them (and at this point do not expect to). They interviewed three candidates. I know it was a large capital outlay on their part to fly me in and put me up, but one would think it common courtesy to send a simple "we've chosen someone else" email, especially since they weren't interviewing a high volume of applicants.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pacific Crest Securities (Portland, OR) in November 2015.

Interview

3 interviews in one day: behavioral, critical thinking, case
    Behavioral: fairly common behavioral questions
    Critical thinking: situational questions regarding your experience
    Case: 2 stocks were given and we were asked to evaluate them and present investing suggestions

The interview process took a morning and results were returned in 3 days.
    Interviewers and recruiters were extremely nice and was a laid back environment.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral:
      1. Why KeyBank/Pacific Crest?
      2. Tell me about yourself
      3. How did you get to this point?
      4. What do you do outside of school/job? (interests)

Critical:
      1. How did you choose your college?
      2. How did you choose your major?
      3. What would you do if you have limited time but had to do 2 tasks? What would you do if you absolutely can't finish one of them on time?

Case:
      You pretty much present your findings and conclusions. Be concise and on-point.
      1. What stocks (preferably tech sector but I talked about a biotech one) do you see interesting these days?
      2. What do you do when you evaluate stocks?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Crest Securities.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email back from the senior recruiter, Jessica Thompson, to have a phone interview. She ended up canceling the interview without notifying me. Got an email couple of days later in the morning to schedule a phone interview the same day. Talked with her over the phone for a few minutes over my resume. Was not offered an apology or a reason why she completely missed the initial phone interview. Followed-up with her a week later and was told she will follow-up with the hiring manager. It's been over a week and I have not heard anything. This company seems to hire incompetent and unprofessional people.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pacific Crest Securities (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

It is the first round, with an HR. It is more like a small talk. First she introduced me some specific information about this position. And then she asked me some questions like when you can start to work. Later, she asked questions based on my resume. Good luck everyone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience at ...(selected two from my resume)   Answer Question

Equity Research Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Crest Securities (Portland, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with 4 analysts and their teams. Was asked about my knowledge of finance, why I was interested in the position, etc... Was asked what stock I would long, what stock I would short. Interviewers seemed particularly interested in gauging my level of intellectual curiosity.

Director Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Crest Securities.

Interview

Initially phone screened by Recruiter. Then group interview conducted (individually with 6 people). Came back for an additional interview with 2-3 individuals. Took an online assessment that assessed personality & problem solving skills. Reference checks completed then background check then offer extended.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you would like to do here?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Crest Securities (Portland, OR) in March 2012.

Interview

Great people, respond quickly and are friendly. Typical IB interview process, multiple phone calls followed by a superday. Superday is typical of what you will see at any other bank. Make sure to show your interest in the industries they work most in because they do look at a very specific sector (just go to the website)

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacific Crest Securities (Portland, OR) in January 2012.

Interview

Submit resume. Phone interview with HR. Interview in person with 5 -6 different people in various positions within the firm. Testing and final compensation discussion.

Interview Questions

• If you had to pitch me right now on a stock what would it be and what would your pitch be?   Answer Question

Institutional Equity Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Crest Securities (Portland, OR) in February 2008.

Interview

Took a long time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing.