Pact (Washington DC) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pact (Washington DC) Interview Questions

Interviews at Pact (Washington DC)

2.8

Sort:

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pact (Washington DC) (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interviewed by several people related to my position. The interview process was very normal with nothing unusual. I was expecting more updates from their recruitment staff on the status along the way.

Interview Questions

• Experience, education, fundraising capacity, passion, network, reporting. The usual questions.   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pact (Washington DC).

Interview

Hiring process is LONG. This could be much more efficient. This is commonly referred to as the "Pact gauntlet" --- there are way too many people involved and this takes too long to be competitive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiations by email. Pretty easy to push back on initial offer.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pact (Washington DC).

Interview

Interview was very simple. No complicated behavioral questions just asking about prior relevant experience. Hiring process was very quick. From applying to hired was probably 3 weeks. I heard two days after sending in application, interviewed just a few days following.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with writing a budget or proposal?   Answer Question

Senior Program Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pact (Washington DC) (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with hiring manager + 2 interviews with difference panels, including team that I would be working with. Fairly straightforward questions on both interviews - standard "tell us about you" and "why are you interested" questions. Nothing special to prepare for. Interview room was very hot! Workplace dress is business casual and would be fine to wear slacks + blazer instead of suit. First interview will be with relatively junior staff regardless of position you are going for.

Interview Questions

• How do you show passion in your work?   1 Answer

Technical Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pact (Washington DC).

Interview

Very long, six interviews, "it takes a village" -- Some in person, panel. Some on Skype. Confusion about who would be the position's supervisor, that person unknown due to restructuring. When identified, not interested in interviewing me though an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable traveling 40+%?   1 Answer

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pact (Washington DC).

Interview

This was a rather frustrating process, however I did apply during a season of sequestration. The interviewing process is not very streamlined, I went through 6 interviews only to be notified of a hiring freeze.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard behavioral questions (strengths/weaknesses, tell me about yourself)   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pact (Washington DC) (Washington, DC) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received response from HR expressing interest about a week later. Was then told that I would be sent a link to an online video screening tool, but link was not sent. I had to follow-up to get the link. I then submitted my video interview, which was quite frankly a very poor way to assess my character or abilities. They give you less than a minute to answer questions about your experience and some more obscure questions (to test if you are able to think on your feet?)

I heard nothing, received no confirmation of receipt of this video submission. I had to follow-up, the HR person said they would check that day, but never responded. I had to follow-up yet again asking flat out if I was still being considered or if they moved on. The HR person responded saying they "went a different direction." I moved on, but then oddly received a message weeks later again saying that I was not selected for further interview.

During this process, I asked the HR person when I would get a chance to talk to a person to learn more about the role and ask questions, and he said it would be on the phone but not much due to proximity to the holidays. Long-story-short, that short ineffective video screening tool is the only interaction I was able to have, and it was only one-sided. So I did not get to talk to anyone or converse like a human to learn about the role and get a good feeling of cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the color yellow to a blind person?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pact (Washington DC).

Interview

Deplorable process. I spent hours preparing for a practice interview and then, a video interview and received no feedback "at all", not even a "thank you for submitting your interview, but we're considering other candidates" bot e-mail. This made me never want to even consider this organization for anything, ever again. I was extremely disappointed that they didn't treat my time as even worthy for a simple, brief e-mail letting me know that I'm no longer being considered.

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pact (Washington DC) (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an interview with 3 current staff members, two based in Washington, D.C. and one in a field office. The interview lasted less than 1 hour and was conducted over Skype audio.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my language proficiency and asked to speak in this language to demonstrate my skill.   Answer Question

Pricing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pact (Washington DC) (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a Skype interview with regular questions about strengths, weaknesses, professional career, etc. It was efficient because it was with the whole team. After two weeks they send me an excercise to create a budget and answer some questions regarding cut costing and project finance. Unfortunately I never heard back even if I wasn't selected a short e-mail can help close the process.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest conflict I ever had and how did I solve it?   Answer Question