Palm Beach State College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Palm Beach State College Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.8

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palm Beach State College.

Interview

I applied online and received confirmation/receipt of my application immediately. I then received a call to schedule a phone interview that lasted about 15-20 minutes. Then, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview that lasted about 30-40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult client/customer? What was the situation, your action, and the ultimate outcome   1 Answer

Ops Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Palm Beach State College.

Interview

Interview process went really smooth: asked about my experience and tried to determine how I could fit in environment. They also checked and see how I could contribute to their culture as a tutor.

Math Learning Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Palm Beach State College (Palm Beach Gardens, FL).

Interview

Notified that I didn't make the cut since my transcripts were not attached (this was never specified on the website). Notified later that they reopened the position. Attached my transcripts the second time :). Scheduled an interview, interviewed by 3 employees that took turns asking questions. Was asked to explain a math problem using a whiteboard and teach the panel.

Interview Questions

• Experience working with diversity.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palm Beach State College (Boca Raton, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I finally heard back maybe a month later. I interviewed with 3 supervisors, they each asked me a range of different questions. It was overall a very simple process.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a time when you had to cope with a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Palm Beach State College.

Interview

Interview was simple Lasted less then 20 min. I just had to demonstrate my knowledge in a subject. Ex how how many classes in the particiular subject I took. What my grades were etc.They also wanted to know if I helped other students led study groups, and how I would approach a student who took more time to learn. It was the best job ever while i was taking classes.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a student having dificulty understanding a subject.   Answer Question

Information Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Worth, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Palm Beach State College (Lake Worth, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

PBSC reviewed my application and CV and called for an in-person interview that included a panel of IT managers. The panel asked standard, canned questions. Once the questions were done, a follow-up phone call or in-person interview with the CIO was scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Upon starting in the position, how would you review the College's security posture and go about improving it? (paraphrased)   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palm Beach State College.

Interview

Excellent experience and professional process as well as outstanding assistance in gathering information relating to the interview process. The hiring committee was professional and efficient in getting back to strong candidates. Overall experience was good and professional.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Palm Beach State College (Lake Worth, FL) in December 2012.

Interview

Face to face interview and it lasted approximately 30 minutes. The environment was very relaxing and we about the my work history, work expectations, students, culture of the college, activities on campus, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience, etc.   1 Answer

Library Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palm Beach State College (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

They give you real straight forward questions. It must be answered well (extremely well) for them to give you a decent score. How you look, act, and sound determines if you get the job... sometimes. Other times, its who you know.

FULL PROFESSOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Palm Beach State College (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

First there was a brief conference call phone interview with generic questions on: my view of the role of technology in the classroom, what specific qualities would I bring to lecturing, how would I fit in with colleagues I teach with, what extra-curricular activities or clubs would I be interested in taking on.
    Secondly, if they are satisfied with your explanations, then you are called in for an in-person interview. This was before a Committee of 5-6 employees of the College- from various disciplines, including an administrative associate Dean. Many of the same questions and similar ones were asked by each of the committee members, as off a preset list (they each kept referring to a sheet for prompting). They also viewed a teaching demonstration by applicant (on a pre-selected topic given the week before said interview). The topic was within the discipline application is being considered for.
    After that they asked if I have any questions of them regarding the position, the College, working conditions, etc.
    The remainder of the interview day (more of a half-day) involved a Campus tour, a brief meeting with the Campus Provost, and the Head Academic Dean for that Campus. Lynch was also provided. A fairly straightforward interview procedure with little to provoke interview anxiety.

Interview Questions

• As aforementioned, how would you bring technology use into your classrooms to better the learning process?   1 Answer