Paramount Pictures Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paramount Pictures Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.5

Summer Interview

Interview

I applied online. I received a phone call from HR university recruiter to schedule an in-person interview at Paramount Pictures. Beautiful campus and easy access as long as your name is on the visitor list. I first went to the HR office for a 15-20 minute discussion on the interview process, and then the recruiter walked me to the hiring manager for a 30-40 minute interview. HR and the hiring manager were very friendly and helpful.

Assistant Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

HR called for a screening. She passed it along to the hiring manager who asked to bring me in for an interview. When I got to Paramount they made me park pretty far across the street from the lot. I wish they would have told me this (the email said I would be parking on the lot) because then I would have brought more comfortable shoes. I sat with HR for a few minutes to go over the position and she gave some some really helpful insight. Then I was golf carted to the other side of the lot to interview with the Sr. Mgr and Dir. The Dir was extremely rude. He did not even look at my resume, he scoffed at me when I walked in (I felt extremely judged by my appearance-almost harassingly), and he was constantly on his email and phone, extremely distracted. The Sr Mgr was a delight. He asked great questions, answered all mine with respect and honesty, and gave me excellent insight into the position (even though by then, I knew I did not want it-to be working under that Director).

Once the interview was over, I had no idea where I was on the lot. No one came to pick me back up in a golf cart or communicated what was to happen afterwards. I walked all the way back to my car trying to find my way through the studio lot (GPS had me at 3/4 mile walk) in my nice pumps on an extremely hot summer day.

Overall HR was very kind and helpful. They were responsive and followed up.

Moral of the story: bring extra comfy shoes when you go to interview here!!

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working on creating the actual digital creative that goes live?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures.

Interview

After submitting a resume (no cover letter) through their employment webpage I was called for an interview a few days later. After the interview I was told I'd have to do a second interview which would take the next week. Both interviews were over the phone and both lasted about half an hour. The last interviewer said she'd get back to me about whether or not I'd gotten the internship within a week but I never heard from them again.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I spoke with someone from HR on the phone and he asked me about my interests and why I could see myself working at Paramount. I was then contacted by someone in the marketing department and was told that they wanted me to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit at Paramount Pictures?   Answer Question

Financial Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

• Compare actual results to the latest forecast and report variances to management • Assist in the preparation of overhead and capital budget • Update weekly IT flash reports for management to gain further insight of company performance • Reconcile T&E by company Concur reports to physical receipt and statement • Communicate with management to ensure financial reporting deadlines are achieved

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about internship program?   1 Answer

International Publicity Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was connected by the Paramount campus recruiter. She sent my resume to the international publicity department. I worked with the recruiter to establish a day and time for the interview. I was then given a date. I was interviewed by three people in a conference room but it was very relaxed.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was referred to one of the assistants who passed my resume along to HR. The questions were relatively straightforward - trying to figure out if I was a good fit for the team. Interviewed again with the assistants hiring.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized? What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Director Music Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The recruitment team was extremely thorough and professional. The interview lasted an hour and they were very blunt with their questions and opinions but respectful too. Then I met with the head of Music - who more casual in his tone and fun. It seemed as though he was trying to get more of a personality match rather than a skills match.

Interview Questions

• The recruiters asked me out of the box questions like what I was like in high school. I've never been asked that before but they wanted to see if I was well rounded, a leader, etc.   1 Answer

Lead Actor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Audition - It was a 3 ½ hours audition. I entered the parking garage and found that there were lots of spaces. I had imagined seeing a long line that’s two or three blocks long. But to my pleasant surprise, there was NO ONE waiting at the entrance. I had to question the staff if I was already too late. The staff told me that it is probably because it’s the second of the two day audition, and it’s already 2 PM in the afternoon. It actually only took 15 minutes that day and I got the job.

Negotiation

Coordinator, Product Fulfillment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Hollywood, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

This was the most positive interview experience of my career. The Paramount Pictures team I was in contact with throughout the process was extremely professional and very kind. I applied online directly through the Paramount Pictures careers site. About 3 weeks later, I was initially contacted by an HR recruiter via email to set up a phone interview the following week. The phone interview was with the same HR representative and was mostly about my general background and soft skills that might make me a good fit for the job and company/dept. culture. She did give me some information about the department and supervisors I would be interviewing with in-person. I REALLY appreciated that. You don't always get to know, so it was a plus. I then had an in-person interview on the Paramount lot a few days later that same week with my two would-be immediate supervisors. The following week I had one last interview with the VP of the department. I received an offer later that same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you were doing at your last job?
      Beyond that, it wasn't so much questions as it was a discussion and relation of my experience and skills in consideration to the job I was applying for. It wasn't an intense interrogation style interview. It was very calm and fair and informational on their part.   Answer Question