Paramount Pictures Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Paramount Pictures Interview Questions

Interviews at Paramount Pictures

2.6

Studio Page Interview

Interview

3 rounds of interview with phone call, group interview and individual interview. Nothing too difficult in terms of questions. It is a customer service position so determinants are on personality and ability to interact with the public and international guests.

Computer Page Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied. Didn't get an interview. I'm just filling out this information so that I will be allowed to read company reviews on glassdoor. Glassdoor won't let me read company reviews until I enter this information. I've never had a job and I cant find one.

Finance Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures.

Interview

There were two rounds of behaviorals and there weren’t too many technicals on finance. The environment was very casual and very lenient and there were two short 30 minute interviews. The process took a week and Human Resources was very helpful throughout the process.

Brand Strategy Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

It was quick, relaxed, and very friendly from HR to the hiring team. I heard from HR first who told me they had several departments in mind for me and asked me to answer a few questions about availability and interest. Then I was contacted to schedule an in-person interview where I first spoke with HR about my interests again before meeting with the hiring team between 30 minutes to an hour. Everyone in HR was friendly, and the hiring team were fantastic. I heard back with an offer in less than a week.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals? In your opinion, what is brand strategy? Also, questions about my entertainment interests and preferences.   Answer Question

.NET Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Hollywood, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied via online and had an initial interview with one of their developers. From what I understood from the interview. These guys are still very behind the times when it comes to tech.

They're looking for someone who will continue working on a system that some age old developer worked on. Still using AngularJS and very old C# methodologies. Why would a manager need to be writing code and not architecture a new direction?

No mention of Agile, SOA, Micro Services, dependency injection etc. The questions they asked me were very old school and old tech.

When I asked if they were using Agile, they didn't know what it was. Asked about SOLID principles and it was alien to them.

If you're looking for a gig that will see you until retirement, this is the place to go. Learning anything new is not a requirement for this company. Still stuck in 1995.

Not sure what the CIO is doing here, but he/she needs to move forward with the times. Upper management seems very stagnant here.

Never heard back.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between passing by ref or by value.   1 Answer
    • What is a DataReader?   1 Answer
    • How would you code a SP that returned some 700k+ rows.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Very easy for the most part. Many personality questions. Asked mainly about college experiences and the way that I work (recent grad). They also were very interested in what type of learner I was and how quickly that I can acquire new skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that something went wrong at your last internship and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Special Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied directly on the company website. Shortly, someone from HR emailed and requested a phone interview. Afterwards, I was scheduled to come in for an in-person interview with someone from the Special Events team a week after.

Page Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures.

Interview

It was a group interview, the most friendly and outgoing people were picked. Since you will be encountering strangers they want to make sure you are someone people can warm up to quickly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures in April 2019.

Interview

First, applied online through Paramount/ViacomCBS website. Next, received questions to fill out more in depth regarding previous experiences. Third, I had a long phone call with my potential manager. Fourth, was hired!

Interview Questions

• Emailed questions after application focused on general things such as what accomplishment were you most proud of and where do you see yourself in the future.

I interviewed for a finance/accounting position, so my manager asked specific questions about GAAP, types of depreciation, and familiarity with Excel.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paramount Pictures in March 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing agency to go in for an interview at the studios. The staffing agent provided me with a small overview of the role . Then went in for an in-person interview.