Parker & Lynch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Parker & Lynch Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.7

Staffing Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Parker & Lynch.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and received a call immediately after. Couldn't answer so the assistant emailed me setting up a time for a phone interview. Interviewer called me 10 min after the scheduled time. Was not enthusiastic or seemed interested in making the position or company a great choice for me. Had a very judgmental time throughout the interview and assumed I was not interested in the position at all. Terrible experience and phone etiquette for someone hiring people who need to do cold calls all day.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Parker & Lynch (Milwaukee, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview followed by a 1:1 meeting at a later date. The company clearly communicated their hiring process, the method of interacting with candidates, and the benefits to working with their firm. The interview communicated a clear timeline for post-interview questions and employment offers.

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Received a phone call to come in for an interview and discuss some job openings. After the interview, they let me know of one job opening. They didn't respond to my e-mail and claimed they had overlooked my e-mail after I gave them a phone call. It seems like it was a waste of time, there isn't really a lot of communication after the first interview. For those seeking a job, don't expect too much from this place. I wouldn't recommend it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Parker & Lynch (Winston-Salem, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call right away for a job possibility. Once I interviewed I was given no feed back. Trying to get a call back from recruiter is impossible.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for most from this job?   1 Answer

Took to long to get reply. Went someplace else.

Staff Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Parker & Lynch (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied to this job through LinkedIn and got a phone call for a phone interview about an hour after applying. After the phone interview, the recruiter decided to bring me in for an in-person interview the next week. I showed up to the interview (which required me to take time off work and lose pay and had to pay a $10 parking fee) and go in to the office and tell the receptionist that I had an interview with the guy I had spoken to. About 15 minutes later, a lady comes out and tells me the guy I had spoken to had left the company and that she would be doing the interview instead, which was no biggie except for the fact that she was very snobby and basically looked down upon me the whole time. After about a 10 minute interview she tells me that I don't have enough experience for the job (which wasn't true according to the qualifications listed on the job posting) and says "maybe something will come up". After the interview I sent a very nice thank you letter and have never heard a peep since. Unfortunately, this interview was a waste of time and was costly for me.

Executive Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Parker & Lynch (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Was interviewed by a manager and recruiter. I was stood up for a third interview by one of their managing directors three times. After emailing, texting, and calling, they never replied back. I think they did me a favor since this type of behavior is extremely unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Parker & Lynch (Ontario, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone from the Executive Recruiter of Parker & Lynch. We arranged a face to face interview the next day and planed to speak more in detail about my resume and their positing he was recruiting for. On that day, we had a half hour one-to-one talk.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Parker & Lynch (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Hour long phone interview from the hiring manager, then panel interview, then further interviews. Combination of meetings in Starbucks as well as in Offices in various locations. Informal style but very in depth questions. Despite saying they wanted to make an offer, they chose a Big Four CPA who was perhaps understandably a better fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to sell a solution.   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter. She asked me few quick questions from my resume. It was literally 1 min call. Went to an interview for the next day. Seriously disappointed, she asked few more questions from my resume. I asked her about the position, said I didn't qualify. For me to keep her posted on how my job search is going! Horrible company...wasted my valuable time!

Interview Questions

Parker & Lynch Response

Jul 5, 2016 – Workforce Relations

We are sorry you had a negative experience. Feel free to contact us if needed: feedback@parkerlynch.com.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Parker & Lynch (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume for open Financial Analyst position and received a call from a Recruiter next day. Scheduled a face to face meeting where we reviewed my resume and available opportunities. She said there were many FA positions available and that she would send me a few to review. She didn't. It took a week before I received anything. I managed to get an interview for that role, however I was told in the interview that the position may not be filled for some time. The Recruiter was not aware of this and said she would keep me posted anyway. I have yet to hear anything. (1 month has since passed)

I have tried to remain active in the search and contact the Recruiter once a week - to no avail. I am told every position that I find on their company website is old (even though the same role can be found actively advertised on job boards). Yet, if I agree to a job in the far suburbs (2+ hour daily commute), I would have much better luck. Funny thing, I mentioned a position in the city that is barely a week old, and I was told that it's outdated.

At this point, I believe I am better off working with another recruiting firm.

Interview Questions

• How far are you willing to commute?
      What kind of roles are you looking for?
      Answer Question