Pasadena City College Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2019

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Pasadena City College

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pasadena City College

Found 11 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Pasadena City College (Pasadena, CA) in Oct 2017

Interview

Written exam or multiple choice test depending on the position you apply for, first round interview 10 questions (4 or more panelist), second round interview (panel). The interview questions are handed to you 15 minutes before your interview for you to look over and/or take notes. Panelists were serious and could use of a smile to make the interview friendlier.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you the best candidate for this position? Define customer service Define position related terms How do you establish working relationships with co-workers
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pasadena City College (Pasadena, CA) in Jun 2017

Interview

Went to a group interview of about 6 girls and the Child Development Center President and office manager asked us all questions and we could volunteer our answers, although other questions were required. They listened to everyone and wrote down comments on a booklet.

Interview Questions
  • 1. They gave us a story and then asked if we could repeat all the names they had mentioned. 2. What is your career goal? What are you doing to achieve it? 3. Do you like kids? Do you have experience working with children? 4. Do you have experience in customer service?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Pasadena City College (Los Angeles, CA) in Apr 2017

Interview

Lengthy and fairly vague on requirements. I only found out about requirements through a friend that had already been through the process. Then, it took several months before the position actually "posted" and was considered open to interview

Interview Questions
  • I remember one unusual question that I was asked dealt with qualifications that had nothing to do with the actual position being posted... different skill sets
Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Pasadena City College (Pasadena, CA)

Interview

This position was for a special project, so the interview was very straight-forward. They described the position to me, explained that it would be 2-3 months long, and asked if I was comfortable with the job duties and pay and basically offered me the job. The other College Assistants working with me on the project were pretty much offered the job over the phone after HR reviewed their resumes. My position is slightly different than theirs, though we mostly work on the same project. I was interviewed face-to-face after a brief phone discussion. I applied in August, but they didn't call me until late Nov or early Dec. The pay was not negotiable.

Interview Questions
Pasadena City College
Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pasadena City College (Pasadena, CA) in Mar 2015

Interview

There's a panel of about 6 people conducting the interview and an HR rep. The HR rep is there to make sure the interview is being conducted legally and fairly, but they don't have any say on whether or not you get the job.

Interview Questions
Pasadena City College
Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Pasadena City College (Pasadena, CA) in Feb 2015

Interview

Brief interview and screening. Process began with a paper application stating required self-identification information and a copy of an academic transcript. Hiring process was mainly related to how many math courses taken and grades received in said classes. Requirement was not high at all, if I remember correctly Calculus was not needed.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pasadena City College (Pasadena, CA) in Jun 2014

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 future supervisors and got a call back a few days later confirming that they want to hire me. I then had an interview with the Dean for the department I would work in and got grilled. I got the job and started 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
  • They gave me 5 different scenarios and asked how I would handle them.
Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Pasadena City College (Pasadena, CA) in Aug 2013

Interview

There was no real interview process. I was referred to the position by a friend and the interview was with the director, it took only 20 minutes. I kind of already knew I had the job, it was more of an official meeting with the director

Interview Questions
Pasadena City College
Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pasadena City College (Pasadena, CA) in Aug 2013

Interview

Had to bring a college transcript to the interview to go over, then asked a few questions about my current and previous courses and whether or not I could balance school and work. The interviewer then asked me a few personal questions to gauge my personality. It wasn't a hard interview at all.

Interview Questions
  • Can you balance school and work?
Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pasadena City College (Pasadena, CA) in Jul 2011

Interview

You have to first apply at the specific department with the opening and speak to the person in charge of the hiring process for it. As for the interview itself, it's usually that one individual that will most likely be your main boss that will be asking the questions. He/she will ask about your interests, reasons, and qualifications. Then you will be told you will hear from him/her in the next few weeks or you may even be hired on the spot. Then, you will be sent to another office on campus to submit your digital fingerprints, next to HR to fill out paperwork, and finally the dean of the department will have to sign your form to have it approved.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11