Pasadena City College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 2, 2017

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pasadena City College

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Pasadena City College (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

This position was for a special project, so the interview was very straight-forward. They described the position to me, explained that it would be 2-3 months long, and asked if I was comfortable with the job duties and pay and basically offered me the job. The other College Assistants working with me on the project were pretty much offered the job over the phone after HR reviewed their resumes. My position is slightly different than theirs, though we mostly work on the same project. I was interviewed face-to-face after a brief phone discussion.

I applied in August, but they didn't call me until late Nov or early Dec. The pay was not negotiable.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pasadena City College (Pasadena, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was with three people, the directors and one manager. The questions were simple, directors assured that the process was going to be smooth and easy, and it was. Definitely was helpful having that aspect. Was told to call back about 3 days later. I did and was offered the job when I came in to visit.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pasadena City College (Pasadena, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Brief interview and screening. Process began with a paper application stating required self-identification information and a copy of an academic transcript. Hiring process was mainly related to how many math courses taken and grades received in said classes. Requirement was not high at all, if I remember correctly Calculus was not needed.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pasadena City College (Pasadena, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 future supervisors and got a call back a few days later confirming that they want to hire me. I then had an interview with the Dean for the department I would work in and got grilled. I got the job and started 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• They gave me 5 different scenarios and asked how I would handle them.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pasadena City College (Pasadena, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Had to bring a college transcript to the interview to go over, then asked a few questions about my current and previous courses and whether or not I could balance school and work. The interviewer then asked me a few personal questions to gauge my personality. It wasn't a hard interview at all.

Interview Questions

• Can you balance school and work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pasadena City College (Pasadena, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

There was no real interview process. I was referred to the position by a friend and the interview was with the director, it took only 20 minutes. I kind of already knew I had the job, it was more of an official meeting with the director

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pasadena City College (Pasadena, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

You have to first apply at the specific department with the opening and speak to the person in charge of the hiring process for it. As for the interview itself, it's usually that one individual that will most likely be your main boss that will be asking the questions. He/she will ask about your interests, reasons, and qualifications. Then you will be told you will hear from him/her in the next few weeks or you may even be hired on the spot. Then, you will be sent to another office on campus to submit your digital fingerprints, next to HR to fill out paperwork, and finally the dean of the department will have to sign your form to have it approved.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a stressful situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Financial Aid Intake Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pasadena City College (Pasadena, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Neutral

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Neutral