Patch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Patch Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2017

2.5

Talent Interview

Interview

The interviews were conducted by unqualified people. They are unsure of how to build what they need to build. They seem to have a pattern of setting themselves up for problems...

Talent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Patch.

Interview

The interviews were conducted by unqualified people. They're unsure of how to build the internal capacity they need. They seem to have a pattern of setting themselves up for problems...

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Patch.

Interview

You do a headline and story test, which is timed. A few weeks later, you'll do a phone interview with a senior team member. After a few weeks, you'll have a phone interview with a couple of editors. The whole thing took several months.

Senior Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville Centre, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Patch (Rockville Centre, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was completely disinterested through the entire process. Despite walking into the interview with unbridled enthusiasm, fresh new ideas and a familiarity with the type of quality local and hyperlocal news Patch.com provides, I did not have enough experience for the post.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Patch.

Interview

It was a multi-step interview process. Everyone was dilligent and excited to be part of the evolution of local/regional journalism. There was a real sense of journalistic mission. It was a positive experience.

Local Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Patch (Washington, DC).

Interview

A phone screen with New York, followed by an in person interview in Washington with the one regional editor for Maryland at the time. The editor was late, but what followed were standard questions, as well as a discussion of what Patch might be. That was followed by a phone chat with a working local editor in New Jersey, in which we talked about workflow and company culture.

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Patch (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a three step process. After I had submitted my resume, a social media manager contacted my via email with a social media proficiency test. After the test, I went in for two short interviews where I had to prove my basic experience with social media.

Interview Questions

• What is your education background?
      What experience do you have with social media?
      What is your energy level?   1 Answer

Field Editor Interview

Interview

You go through an interview or two and see what happens. They ask you questions, explain things, you ask questions and that's that. There is not much too it and it is not like the told six week process with seven interviews

Headline Writer/Site Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Patch in January 2015.

Interview

The day after I applied for the job via craigslist, I received an email asking when I was available for a phone interview. I responded immediately telling them when I was available but received no response back. A few days later, I emailed them again to confirm that they still wanted to conduct the interview and still received no response. I figured they must have changed their minds and pursued a different candidate, but then on the day I had told them I was available for the interview, I received a call out of the blue from them. I had a very brief conversational interview and was told they wanted to meet me for an in-person interview and that they would send me information via email about when and where. I never received an email from them. I tried emailing them a few days later and received no response. After a few weeks passed, I assumed they'd gone with another candidate but still felt like the whole situation could have been handled more professionally.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my work and educational background and if I was available to work full-time.   Answer Question

Local Editor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Patch.

Interview

It was a very casual but a thorough interview. Questions were generally about practical reporting skills such as "How would you go about covering a break-in at a local store? Who would you speak with? What is the most important information?" The company was a start-up expanding across the country very quickly. Later interviews became more detailed and included interviews with several different staff members.

Interview Questions

• Experience with digital news coverage, creating photo galleries, taking videos.   Answer Question