Patelco Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Patelco Credit Union Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2017

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Patelco Credit Union

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Patelco Credit Union in May 2016.

Interview

Initial- After applying Online, I received a call from a recruiting member within a two day span. She instantly started a phone interview and asked a bunch of questions. A couple days later I received a call that the position had been filled and that they would keep my resume on file. A couple of days after that, the recruiting member contacted me with a position that was going to be available. I accepted to take the interview for the position and was instantly scheduled a in-person interview.

In-Person Interview- A couple of days before the interview I was sent an email with all the details pertaining to my interview (Ex. managers name, address, time). I arrived early and was taken in at the exact time the interview was scheduled. I sat with the manager and another employee (I don't remember them telling me her Position) nonetheless the interview process was a breeze (if you are fully prepared). I went in with extensive research that I had conducted prior to my interview. I practiced all the questions I would be asked (by simply searching on Google) and learned the basic info on the company and what a credit union is. I was asked every single "Explain a time when..." Questions and even the "Do you have questions for us" question. It was a great interview. They were super friendly and made it easy to crack a joke every once in a while. That same day I received an offer on the position and I took it.

All in all, be prepared. Do your homework. They don't make it easy but you can help it be less stressful if you show up ready to answer anything and everything!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated time off. I already had plans made for personal travels and it was right after I was offered the position but they were extremely nice and worked with me!

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Patelco Credit Union (Pleasanton, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had to drive to Pleasanton and interview with the temp agency. They seemed to be very disorganized and rushed. Overly enthusiastic very creepy. I needed a job so I ignored the red flags.

Interview Questions

• If I had computer experience and if I had worked in retail or with customers. They really didn't ask much and were looking for bodies that met the minimum requirements to fill the seats.   1 Answer

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Patelco Credit Union (Pleasanton, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The Hiring Manager fostered open communication. She was honest, direct and transparent about the pros and cons about the position to make sure I understood what to expect and to avoid surprises on both of our parts. She appreciated the pre-application inquiry about the position.

Patelco Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Patelco Credit Union (Pleasanton, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviews were scheduled quickly and they kept me informed - didn't leave me hanging. They took extra time - beyond the interview time - to answer all of my questions in detail. They were open about the changes that are happening and why.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for as a next step in your career?
      How do you feel about change?
      1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Patelco Credit Union (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Horrible. I met with the Marketing Director and she asked me if I knew with whom I would be interviewing. She told me the marketing department was a complete mess and had been without a copywriter for 8 months and admitted the pay was low, which it was. Then she brought in the Senior Graphic designer. Our interview was interrupted by someone who had a deadline. Neither had looked at my work. I then met with someone in Member communications and she was honest and told me she didn't know she was meeting with me. She was a sweetheart. She didn't know if the manager was coming back and walked me out. It was so unprofessional.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Patelco Credit Union.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter that came across my resume. Followed by a in person interview with district manager. After the district manager interview is cleared then you move on the final interview with regional and hr manager. They do take a while to respond back through the interview process. I never heard back from them after my final interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very easy, all behavioral and situational. Why Patelco? Why do you want to leave your current position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Patelco Credit Union.

Interview

Process took about less than a week. Did a phone interview with a HR recruiter, then second interview with branch manager and an HR recruiter, then got called for third interview with the regional manager, and then offered a position the same day after interview with regional manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where following the company procedure wasn't the right way to handle the problem at hand?   Answer Question

Msr Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atwater, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Patelco Credit Union (Atwater, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

2interview (over the phone) calls with headquarters then had another time that the recruiter called to try to get my personality by phone scheduleThe one in person interview and then received call offered job after the in person interview within one day

Interview Questions

• Name a situation that had an escalation and how you resolved it   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Patelco Credit Union.

Interview

People are nice but the process was poorly scheduled. HR does not seem experienced. I had to come back 3 times & each time the interviewers were changed at the last minute, therefore no one was prepared or had questions for me. Even worse, I was repeatedly cautioned about working with "passive aggressive" employees and workers leaving without notice.

Interview Questions

• Almost no questions. HR rep spent the time talking about her own career and how well she had done for herself, but did not seem fond of the company.   Answer Question

I had another offer and the interview process did not make me comfortable that this was a good place to work.