Patterson-UTI Drilling Interview Questions

Updated Dec 9, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Patterson-UTI Drilling

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Patterson-UTI Drilling

Found 19 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Drilling (Lubbock, TX) in Oct 2019

Interview

The interview was pretty much just like any other interview. Basic questions as well as a few behavioral questions. I got interviewed by three people who were all very nice. There was never a moment where I felt uncomfortable. Each member there asked questions and provided time and attention to respond as well as possible.

Interview Questions
  • How can your work experience add value to the company?
    1 Answer
Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Drilling (Altoona, PA)

Interview

Phone interview first then in person group interview. Easy questions. Drug testing and background check after. Three weeks from interview to starting day. Five days of training first. Classroom and hands on training.

Interview Questions
  • Why do we see the floorhand position as the most important position in the company
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Drilling (New York, NY)

Interview

Was not hired because of criminal record. Everything else went smooth. Hair follicle, interview was laid back oh well. To many companies out there that don't worry about convictions to hold people back

Interview Questions
  • what's the most difficult part about accepting this job
Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Drilling (Midland, TX)

Interview

Just regular interview questions pertaining to how you feel about safety. Nothing out of the ordinary. Took about 2 months from the interview to actually begin working. The interview itself took all day. Waited in a hotel with hundreds of other people for the interview.

Interview Questions
Patterson-UTI Drilling
Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Drilling (Tyler, TX) in Oct 2018

Interview

Sat down in an office with a superintendent. He asked me all types of questions. Some were oilfield related and some were not oilfield related. A lot of the questions had me wondering what job was I interviewing for.

Interview Questions
  • What was my least favorite task.
Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX
Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Drilling (Midland, TX) in Jul 2018

Interview

The interview process was swift and mostly about Safety they didn't pressure you into already knowing how to do the job if you have no experience they will take you through training they want you to get the job

Interview Questions
Patterson-UTI Drilling
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Drilling (United States) in Apr 2018

Interview

The interview process was professional. There was HR, Engineers, and Executives. The interview was lax however, had serious questions about leadership skills. Overall a good experience. Too much to write there should not be a minimum word count. Please write at least 30 words on hiring and interview process.

Interview Questions
Patterson-UTI Drilling
Anonymous Employee in Dickinson, ND
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Drilling (Dickinson, ND) in Jan 2018

Interview

Applied online a week later got a call for a interview , was asked about 10 questions about past employment and then took a test and computer info , then drug tests .

Interview Questions
  • Describe a good and bad part of a company you worked for
Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Drilling (San Antonio, TX) in Jan 2018

Interview

Basic questions on the way you react to things, how you’ve worked as a team. How you’ve solved problems. If you step in when you see danger. If you speak up or sit quite when your out ranked but see an issue. How safe conscious are you.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you stepped in To stop something bad from happening.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Drilling (United States)

Interview

The interview and hiring process was easy and only took a total of three days. After applying online, I was contacted by HR and interviewed the following day. During the interview I was asked a series of 11 standardized questions issued by HR.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you spoke up in a team environment? Do you value diversity in a team? Say you are on a job and you notice something is not right, what type of action would you take?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Interviews