Patterson-UTI Drilling Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Sort:

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Drilling (Midland, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied through temp agency

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

HSE Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dickinson, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Drilling (Dickinson, ND).

Interview

Overall, the process was chaotic at best. Started off with a phone interview by ambush from the hiring manager. Initial salary discussions were not acceptable to me, and I indicated that in the first conversation. He made promises that the salary and benefits would be much better if I were willing to fly in for an interview. I agreed to fly in for an interview and things continued to be crazy. When I arrived for the interview, they were over an hour late getting me from the lobby. Then after flying me thousands of miles, spent less than 10 minutes with me before giving me an offer letter. The majority of the questions asked were regarding who at my current company I knew that could help them develop a new account... I did not accept the offer on the spot, and instead took it home to consider for a while. The offer was not what the manager on the phone had promised, and the company refused to honor his promises. So I turned it down. After that, they said "well, if it means that much to you then I guess we can do XYZ..." So I had to hold them hostage to get anything out of them. Should've turned tail and run at that point, but I said okay and signed with the new terms in place. Then we got into start date hell. Three start dates later, and they insisted that I leave my current employer without notice because they couldn't coordinate schedules internally - over a two month period. At this point I said "thanks, but no thanks," thinking that would be the end of it. But they clearly aren't used to being told "no" and began calling to try and negotiate again!! They are unprofessional, disorganized, and lack even the most basic level of corporate integrity.

Overall, there were numerous warning signs throughout the process that I should have paid more attention to. I continued to hope that it was just a one-time issue and this was not standard - that was my mistake.

Interview Questions

• Who do you know at your current company that can help us land an account with them?   Answer Question

See feedback above on hiring and interview process.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Drilling in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was straight forward and practical. During the interview the managers assessed my knowledge of the industry as well as how we communicate with each other. Overview of past projects and experience. Practical questions concerning job requirements such as supply chain management knowledge, Oracle knowledge, analysis, industry knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Describe the strategic sourcing process at your last job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate a better salary. Always negotiate, it is part of being a supply chain professional.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Drilling.

Interview

After waiting in the reception area for TWO HOURS I was brought in to meet with HR. I was asked ridiculous "competency" questions that had nothing to do with the main duties of the job. They acted like they were doing my a favor by talking to me and that I was wasting their time. It was the WORST interview process I have ever participated in. If that is how candidates are treated, how are the employees treated?? I do not want to know!

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Drilling (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Spoke with the manager over the phone for approximately 30 minutes. Easy to talk with, asked great questions, and answered my questions. Then I came in the following week for a interview and then lunch. Met with several other team members while at the office, and really enjoyed the whole interview process.

Equipment Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Drilling.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was easy and only took a total of three days. After applying online, I was contacted by HR and interviewed the following day. During the interview I was asked a series of 11 standardized questions issued by HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you spoke up in a team environment?
      Do you value diversity in a team?
      Say you are on a job and you notice something is not right, what type of action would you take?   Answer Question

Corporate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Drilling.

Interview

All went well during my one-on-one interview. The interview was with the Supervisor of the department that I wanted to work in. I was contacted by phone, 2 weeks later and was offered the job. I took it.

Negotiation

Fine

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Drilling (Odessa, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Hiring out of Odessa, Texas industry was in need of employees at the time. I met with the superintendent after I passed computer personality test. He asked me questions pertaining to safety and my work ethic. After I was given the job, FRs and boot's, and had a few days safety classes

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Patterson-UTI Drilling (Midland, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

All interview questions are related to safety. You will be asked to describe what safety means to you. You will be asked to give examples of past employment, safety related issues and how you dealt with them.

Floorhand Interview

Interview

integrity test was given
    then about an hour long interview process
    asked about 25 questions
    then shook my hand and told me i was hired
    interview was not at all painful, and they had a good atmosphere, and made you fell comfortable during the whole process

Interview Questions

• how hard was it to transition from military to civilain life, and are you comfortable working with others that never served?   1 Answer

Negotiation

told the hourly rate, and i agreed