Patton Boggs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Patton Boggs Interview Questions

2.3

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Patton Boggs (Denver, CO).

Interview

The process was a standard law firm interview process: initial interview on grounds with a partner, then a call to fly out to the office for a day of interviews followed by lunch. There were five interviews, mostly with partners. The initial interviewing partner from the on campus interview is your 'guide' for the day. The lunch is attended by both partners and associates. Of course it is still an interview as well, but there was more of a relaxed and casual feel about it, as if they were trying to get more of a sense of you as a person. Unlike other firms I'd interviewed with, people at this firm seemed to enjoy each other's company.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers asked me detailed questions about an undergraduate neuroscience project I'd worked on. It was a very complex project that didn't have any direct relationship to the role I was interviewing for, so I wasn't expecting to have to explain the inner workings of the hippo-campus.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was right at the onset of the recession- no negotiation.

Public Policy Intern Interview

Interview

Hired shortly after one phone interview with partners, specialists, and current interns. No case questions or anything too difficult. Be ready to talk about why you would work in their environment.

Interview Questions

• What would someone who I've worked with/for in school so far say about me?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

The partner and public policy specialists who lead the intern program will conduct a 30-minute interview with candidates over the phone. The questions they ask relate to interest in public policy, academic history, and career goals. Interviewers are very professional and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions are difficult, per se. It's important to know why you want the position and to explain how working in the top public policy practice in the country will help you get to the next step.   Answer Question

Senior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Patton Boggs (Washington, DC) in October 2011.

Interview

friendly but must be able to clearly explain your past experience/education and how it lines up with the job.

Chief Economic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Patton Boggs (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

Very casual and pre-ordained. I started my career at the NAM while I worked on my PhD. My boss became a partner at Patton Boggs at a time when tax reform was very hot. PB had a dynamic partner who had been at Treasury who's dream was to recreate the multidisciplinary team he had had at Treasury at PB. It was understood that when I finished my PhD I would go to PB. I was working on the Hill as I finished my dissertation and very involved in the tax reform act of 1986. Having graduated, as soon as the Act passed I moved to PB. There were some pro forma discussions with the executive committee but it was pretty much preordained--and the result was a job at PB that lasted 27 years.

Interview Questions

• From the managing partner explaining the "eat what you kill" compensation system--how would I develop business outside of tax?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Explained above, nothing really to negotiate when the position was preordained. A year before any actual interview title, salary, etc. were all agreed.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Patton Boggs (Washington, DC) in September 2010.

Interview

Formal one on one interview. No interview with tech department. direct interview with HR.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Patton Boggs (Washington, DC) in June 2010.

Interview

The process for this position was very easy going and casual. The response time for follow up phones calls and interest letters was very professional. The experience was a a good opportunity. There was the opportunity to meet with different individuals, but the process was not too stressful. All the interactions I had with the department and HR were pleasant.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was mostly standard. The biggest challenge was a question that is normally asked in other interviews: "Tell me about a difficult situation and how you over came it"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate so I don't know.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Patton Boggs (Washington, DC) in June 2010.

Interview

There was a very short interview process. Submitted a resume, had one phone call with the departmental manager, and one in person interview with departmental manager and who would be direct manager. Hired two weeks after.

Interview Questions

• Had to be creative when answering how to deal with a irate attorney's who's computer may have just crashed and they lost their document they were working on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation, I was an intern so I took what I was offered. Paid internships can be hard to find.

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Patton Boggs in July 2012.

Interview

Recruiter agency had fixed the appoitnment with the employer.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Patton Boggs in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process is very relaxed and comfortable, although a bit rushed. The office was beautiful. Attorneys interviewing (a mix of associates and partners) seemed less interested in credentials, more interested in personality. Still, seems to have a solid firm culture, with reasonable work-life balance. Overall, seemed like great people to work for.

Interview Questions

• No curve balls, just general questions. "Tell us about ___ on your resume; What attracts you to Patton Boggs."   Answer Question