PayJunction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at PayJunction

2.7

Contract Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PayJunction (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Sent a resume, short call telling them about myself, then a webinar presentation of the company. After that, if interested one can complete a survey, and log in to the agent portal, after which a sales director will be assigned to guide the rest of the onboarding process.

Interview Questions

PayJunction Response

Nov 14, 2017 – Internal Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! We look forward to having you on the team.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayJunction in May 2019.

Interview

First I had a 30-45 minute call with the talent acquisition manager and talked about basic (non-technical) stuff. Then I was given a week to complete a 1 hour long coding exam through TestDome, only in Java. If you do well enough on the coding part, you move on to a technical interview with people on the engineering team.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about PayJunction   1 Answer
    • Coding assessment: multiple choice answers about what will happen when code is run (given 3 minutes per multiple choice q)   1 Answer
    • Coding assessment: Fix the given code to ensure it cannot be used by outside classes (given 7 minutes per "fix the code" q)   1 Answer
    • Coding assessment: Two 20 minute "write a function that does x" questions. Don't remember the second one but the first one was something along the lines of:

Large package holds 5 items, small package holds 1. Every item must be placed in the packages and the used packages have to be full. Write a function that calculates the minimum number of packages needed to hold a given number of items. Ex: you have 16 items, 2 large and 10 small packages. In this case, the function will return 8 (2 large packages + 6 small packages)   1 Answer

Aug 16, 2019 – Human Resources Associate

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience interviewing for our Junior Software Engineer position. Your details and advice will surely help others prepare for their... More

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone screen then online assessment. The online assessment was not difficult, however because of the time constraint I believe I did poorly. To put it simply, you don't need real world experience on how to properly code or design the architecture of software, you just need to be a code monkey who frequently practices online exercises and owns a copy of cracking the interview.

When faced with a multi-threading question on the job, you normally only have one minute to answer, am I right?

Good luck.

Interview Questions

PayJunction Response

Oct 6, 2017

At PayJunction, we have a small, senior engineering team. This requires our engineers to be multi-faceted, full-stack developers. Therefore, we must use standardized assessment tools to ensure that... More

Internal Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PayJunction (Santa Barbara, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple over all. I started with an in-person interview followed by an a writing assignment (completed at home). This was followed with a second in-person interview with an in-person assignment.

Interview Questions

PayJunction Response

Dec 19, 2017 – Internal Recruiter

Glad to hear it was pretty straightforward. Welcome to the team!

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PayJunction in June 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with PayJunction in 2017. The experience was more than negative. I spoke with a novice recruiter who had no idea what she was doing. It sounded as if she did not know about what she is talking about, especially about the topics within the DevOps field. DevOps has been only been around in mainstream practice for just only 3 years, but it sounds like this recruiter thinks it has been around for 10 years in the mainstream practice. DevOps only gained traction since 2014, and I do not think this recruiter knew that. I felt i was speaking with a recruiter who did know too much about technial recruiting, or the soft skills involved. It almost seemed she was just checking off boxes instead of realizing what the contributions an prospective employee can make. For a small company who I never heard of, they should not be this picky. I could have connected more with the hiring manager about my qualifications had I skipped this recruiter, but I never made it past this purple-squirrel seeking recruiter.

As I am reading other reviews here about similar positions in the engineering department and IT Department, I am not surprised this recruiter is causing the ultimate buzzkill when getting someone on board for this position. If this position has been opened for more than a year (365 days), then there has been to an issue with this company's recruiting process and getting someone on board for this job. I think it might stem from this inexperienced and young recruiter who is the wall between hiring great people and company success. She sounded pretty young as in her mid 20s. As someone mentioned in a previous interview review, it is recommended that they either re-train this recruiter or hire someone new completely. The overall experience I had with this recruiter and her representation of herself to project the company's culture, for a small company, could have went better if I spoke with a recruiter who knew more about technical recruiting. It also says a lot about this company who wants to pay "cheap" for employees when they hire inexperienced recruiters.

Interview Questions

• On AWS, how would you scale when the servers are loaded? (asked by the recruiter - not hiring manager)   1 Answer

Jul 18, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience interviewing for a role at PayJunction. Our engineering team is small and embodies a senior engineering mentality where every individual is... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at PayJunction (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

I applied for a position and was contacted months later. Scheduled a phone interview which was quite easy/fair and was given some homework to complete. Upon submitting the work, I was granted an in person interview, which was interesting. It was a "panel" like interview where the President was leading the interview and asked 100% of the questions -- the others just sat there. The President was almost insulting with the questions he asked, felt like I was back in school, and asked a ton of term-definition questions (e.g. Define customer journey for me)?

Ultimately did not receive an offer but frankly, would not have taken it solely because of the President (dodged a bullet there). I've interviewed at some of the top tech companies in California (currently work at one) and never once had an interview quite as chastising.

Seems like a good entry level company to get your feet wet. Also, one of very few "tech" companies in the Santa Barbara area. Growth potential is somewhat in the air. I felt like the company is banking on somewhat outdated software and too dependent on rev streams that are derived from long-term users -- not new ones.

I got the impression that the President is not a very forward thinking at all, due largely in part by the current marketing strategy and marketing team they have in place. Additionally, their technology and business strategy is outdated when compared to competitors like Square & PayPal. Simply, there is a reason why you've heard of Square and not PayJunction.

Also, just saying, it seems a little fishy that ALL the reviews of this company are just about 5 stars. I mean this company has a higher rating than Google, Facebook, and its competitor Square...highly doubt that.

Interview Questions

PayJunction Response

Nov 21, 2016

Thanks for taking the time to get these thoughts down. We put a lot of care into formulating our interview panel and questions to accurately reflect the nature of the role in question. However, your... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PayJunction (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2017.

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter who was interested in my experience in sales and business development. I was pre-screened via phone and then invited to join a webinar that gave a background into the business, who Pay Junction was as a company, product/service information and compensation.

The webinar/phone conference was very informative and answered any questions I may have had. I went ahead and did my due diligence in researching the company and the business. After reviewing, I ended up pulling the trigger with coming aboard as a sales representative.

Interview Questions

• No direct interview was provided as this was a sales representative commission based position.   1 Answer

Jul 31, 2017 – PayJunction

We are glad that the interview process was informative and helpful. Welcome to the team!

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PayJunction.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter who found my resume and felt my sales skills could be put to good use at their organization. I was asked to listen to a webinar to learn more about the position.
    The webinar basically reviewed the product offering and at the end we were told to talk to people on their online community and sign the last page of the manual and return it and we would be set up with a Sales manager. No real interview - no questions asked, group webinar,

Interview Questions

100% commission... not for me.

Nov 22, 2016

This position definitely isn't for everyone -- but we're so glad that you hopped on the webinar to learn this. Thanks for reviewing!

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I interviewed via phone. It was the standard interview, with common interview questions. Then I was asked to go into their Santa Barbara office to take a test. I sat in a room with other applicants and they gave us 30 minutes to complete the test.

Interview Questions

PayJunction Response

Dec 14, 2018 – PayJunction

Thank you for interviewing with us. We appreciate you taking the time to come in and take our assessment!

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PayJunction (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

Group interview with entry level math and comprehension exam where you tell them about yourself. Then interview with two-three people from the department about where they test you about balance sheets and the credit industry and excel, then casual interview with your future coworkers.

Interview Questions

• Everything that concerns the credit industry as a whole.   Answer Question

Jun 16, 2017 – HR Advocate

Thanks so much for your feedback. We are glad to hear your experience with us was a good one,