PayJunction Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
PayJunction President Randy Modos
Randy Modos

Pros
  • There are many pro's with this company, but one of the most important pro's is the work environment (in 16 reviews)

• PayJunction makes you feel like part of the team even as a part time employee (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • The parking lot is full and so the alternative is street parking where you have to move your car every 90 minutes or risk a (in 3 reviews)

• The parking lot is a bit small so street parking is a regular occurrence (in 3 reviews)

1. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Small but ridiculously intelligent and talented team.
    - Huge focus on code quality and test coverage. Owners are all computer science graduates and get that solid software takes time. Because of this the vast majority of your time is spent developing, not bug fixing.
    - If you need hardware/books/classes or anything else to make your life easier they will immediately order it.
    - Tech stack is solid and always up to date.
    - Zero micromanagement. Need to run errands? Do it. Need to go take a break and clear your mind? Do it. Take responsibility for yourself.
    - Freedom to work on things you are passionate about and to explore ways of bringing more value to the software.
    - Honestly one of the best code bases you will ever work in. Everyone is meticulous and thoughtful with their code and it really shows.

Cons

- Vacation takes a bit of time to accrue.
    - Would be nice to have a 4-10 option but that is a fairly minor gripe.
    - Hesitant to call this a con, but standards are ridiculously high so it always takes a long time to fill positions. This should probably be a pro but I felt the need to comes up with some negatives.

2. "Junior Risk Analyst"

Current Employee - Junior Risk Analyst in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Junior Risk Analyst in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people
    Relaxed environment
    Very supportive and helpful

Cons

The pay is a little low for SB

Advice to Management

Great, they are constantly checking in on us and asking how they can help

Apr 28, 2017

Thanks for the review! We're glad you feel supported by your coworkers and management. Your feedback on compensation has been noted.

3. "Sales Recruiter"

Current Employee - Sales Recruiter in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Recruiter in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction part-time

Pros

This is easily the best job I've ever had, I love coming into work every day! The environment, culture, people, and the product - everything is phenomenal. Sam's an awesome manager, he is flexible with scheduling around school and keeps everyone driven. PayJunction is the perfect balance of work and play. Experience at this company truly sets you up for success.

Cons

A little higher pay would be nice, but the snackroom somewhat compensates for that

May 4, 2017

Thanks for the review! We're happy to hear that you look forward to coming in every day and that you're staying well-fed! Keep up the good work!

4. "Flexible Schedule for Family"

Current Employee - Customer Support Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Atmosphere is friendly towards managing a busy family schedule. There's no issues with taking kids to day care/school, or picking them up at random times. Very flexible and understanding towards family schedules.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of that warrants a negative comment.

Apr 21, 2017

Thanks for the review! We strive to be a company that meets our employees no matter where they are in their lives. This means allowing kids to hang around the office if the babysitter cancels last ... More

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Reseller in Bakersfield, CA
    Current Employee - Reseller in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at PayJunction part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

An amazing company that was willing to work around my schedule. This company understands that I was looking for something more as supplemental income and in fact, they actually encouraged it! They have the BEST product, BEST price, and the BEST people.

Cons

None! My customers not keeping their appointments would be the only con for me, but that has nothing to do with PJ!

Apr 14, 2017

Thanks for the rad review! Glad to hear you stand behind our mission and this position fits your lifestyle.

6. "Exciting, Well Positioned"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Processes over $3B, PCI level 1, in business for 17 years. Open API, and tech minded founders. Bring your dog. Exciting culture that strives for results. Santa Barbara based. Stocked kitchen. 401k match 6%, fully vested.

Cons

Windows keyboards on Mac workstations, PTO.

Advice to Management

Floating holidays, more PTO, life insurance.

Apr 14, 2017

Thank you for this concise feedback. Your suggestions have been noted, and we appreciate your notes on what we're doing well!

7. "Business Development Representative"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment and everyone is super friendly

Cons

I don't necessarily enjoy cold calling, but PJ makes it as palatable as possible

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Apr 14, 2017

Thanks for getting these thoughts down. We're glad to hear that your team is encouraging and motivating. Keep up the hard work!

8. "Best place I've worked!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PayJunction has a unique ability to genuinely make every employee feel valued. Most companies claim this, but I've never felt as appreciated as I do here (and I've interned at 7 companies and worked full time at 3).

Management is very direct. Feedback is helpful and never punishing. I get encouragement from my manager, even in the form of a quick "good job" or high five, on a regular basis and I feel respected by both him and each one of my coworkers.

The people who work here are incredibly friendly, too (the friendliest coworkers I've had). I consider my coworkers here among my best friends in town. The HR department goes above and beyond to be considerate of each employee. The attentiveness of that team is unparalleled and makes employees feel safe and supported.

I've worked places that claim they care about work-life balance, but don't. PayJunction fosters a low-stress work experience even for our engineers. Expectations are realistic and the hours are fair. I've never felt so healthy at a job.

Cons

If you're someone who needs a high-pressure environment to excel, you might want to think about which team you join or whether you want to come here. Some people are motivated by off-the-charts goals and 70+ work-week demands. PayJunction doesn't put an inordinate burden on its team, so if that's for you perhaps work elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Keep practicing your core values! I've never worked somewhere where management actually embodied what they preach. They do here.

Mar 31, 2017

Wow, thank you for this thoughtful and detailed review. It sounds like you are a great fit for our culture and are really thriving in your role. This is our goal for each and every employee we bring ... More

9. "Why I'm still here"

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing Operations Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing Operations Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at PJ almost four years, and I've never considered leaving. I started in an entry level position assisting the inside sales team, i took on more responsibilities as time went on (managing that team) and eventually had the opportunity to take on a new role and moved into marketing.

Not only are you given the opportunities to learn more through training, seminars and working closely with almost every department and the owners, but your opinion is heard, you form great friendships and become part of a family.

That's why I am still here.

Cons

Currently there is not set protocol in place for working remotely.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing ... stick to your morals and company ethos :)

Mar 31, 2017

Thanks for your comments! We love to see our values of long-term commitment, personal and professional growth and being a valued member of our family come to fruition. We hear you on the ... More

10. "Best Place to Work in Santa Barbara"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager of Recruitment in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager of Recruitment in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The decision I made to work with PayJunction is one of the best I've made. This position has taught me so much about the sales world as well as an industry I would of never thought I'd be interested in. PayJunction lives by the work hard, play hard motto and fosters the best work environment I've ever been apart of. This position has made me a better communicator, leader and salesman and the skills I've acquired have definitely made me a better candidate for whatever field I plan on moving into. If you're considering working either inside our corporate office or as a part of our outside sales force I would highly recommend it.

Cons

I could never say anything is wrong with this position and company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Mar 31, 2017

Thanks for the rad review! We're so glad that you've gleaned skills and experience that have not only allowed you to grow with us, but have prepared you for future endeavors.