PayJunction Reviews

4.8
PayJunction President Randy Modos
Randy Modos
Pros
Cons
  • "The only drawback is the high cost of living in Santa Barbara(in 5 reviews)

• "HQ1 has a parking lot but it's not big enough for all the cars(in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company, smart people, engaging work, collaborative culture"

Current Employee - Director in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction full-time for less than a year

Pros

PayJunction is awesome! The work is interesting, the people are genuine, and the culture is supportive and accountable. I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to work for PayJunction. This is definitely the best job I've ever had, and I've worked for some great people and great companies. There is tons of support from the top to “do the right thing” in every area: ethics, technology, culture. The owners are natural leaders who are open to new ideas and are eager to do what it takes to ensure PayJunction is Best in Class. They are not interested in short cuts for the short-term. As they often say: PayJunction values long-term relationships over short-term profits. They mean it! The work-life balance at PayJunction is amazing. At PayJunction, there is a high expectation for everyone to give 100%+ during the work day, and there is definitely accountability throughout the organization for each person to positively contribute to success of the company. But when the workday ends, they expect you to go home, be with your friends and family, and enjoy your evening and weekends. The benefits are great (401k match, yoga on-site, dog-friendly, kombucha, catered Friday lunch, ++). But, even better than all of that is the people that work at PayJunction. There is a true family atmosphere where people genuinely care about each other. As a technology company, it is refreshing to see many women throughout the organization and in leadership roles. Additionally, there is a wide range of ages and experience, which adds value to both the organization and its employees. PayJunction offers a great opportunity for people just starting a career. There is a concerted effort within the organization to mentor and develop new employees through clear career paths. When new positions open, they will often promote internal candidates who are eager to learn and contribute.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

PayJunction2019-09-14

September 17, 2019Human Resources Associate

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful and detailed review. We're thrilled to hear that you've found a home here at PayJunction; our culture of ethics, values, and support would not be possible without employees like you.

2. "An Absolute Gem"

Current Employee - Customer Support in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction full-time for less than a year

Pros

Kind, Structured, Forward-Thinking, Goal-Driven, Invested

Cons

There are none that I have found.

PayJunction2020-04-07

April 9, 2020Human Resources Associate

We are so glad to hear that you're enjoying your time at PayJunction so far! Thank you for leaving your feedback; we look forward to growing together.

3. "PayJunction asks itself "What is the Right Thing To Do""

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction full-time for more than a year

Pros

A company that consistently asks itself 2 questions when dealing with merchants, vendors, and employees: 'What is the right thing to do " and "Is this the best we can do"? The level of integrity and care is higher than any place I have worked.

Cons

More flexibility with remote work would be nice. Company has had improvements but room for more here. Would also be nice to have shower facilities available to more employees.

PayJunction2020-02-13

April 9, 2020Human Resources Associate

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so glad to hear that you appreciate the integrity our company prides itself on. We value your feedback and will use it to continue to bring improvements that our employees want to see.

4. "Great culture / Terrible micro-managing"

I worked at PayJunction full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent benefits, okay pay, and good culture.

Cons

Invasive micro-managing and public shaming, tend to put a damper on work quality and attitude.

PayJunction2020-02-05

February 14, 2020Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are always happy to hear positive comments about our company and culture and also appreciate hearing about areas where we can improve. We will continue to provide training for our team members on best practices for maintaining our positive work environment.

"Great place to work, nice perks - terrible pay"

Current Employee - Risk Analyst

I have been working at PayJunction full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fully stocked kitchen, nice office with parking, super friendly people

Cons

No upward career growth, terribly low pay and upper management/execs are unwilling to provide competitive raises.

PayJunction2019-12-04

February 14, 2020Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We have worked hard over the last year and , continue to work on creating career pathing to allow our team members to grow both in responsibilities and in compensation. We continually review our compensation levels in an effort to remain competitive. Thank you for your time and contributions at PayJunction and best of luck in your new endeavors.

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales Recruiter in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture, positive learning environment

Cons

Have not experienced any cons

PayJunction2019-11-14

November 20, 2019Human Resources Associate

We are excited to hear that you are learning here at PayJunction while enjoying the company culture. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

7. "Great place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at PayJunction full-time

Pros

They do a great job supporting their employees and I love that it's dog-friendly. They also offer a great benefits package and a good 401k match.

Cons

The benefits are awesome, however, the pay isn't great for being a top tech company in Santa Barbara.

PayJunction2019-10-23

November 13, 2019Human Resources Associate

We are glad to hear your enjoy our dog-friendly office and some of our other perks and benefits. We consistently evaluate our total compensation package in order to remain competitive within the local market. Thank you for your willingness to share your feedback!

8. "Best place ever"

Former Employee - Office Cleaner in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at PayJunction full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people The vibe and atmosphere Friday lunch Great support from management Growth within the company Family oriented company

Cons

None that come to mind

PayJunction2019-10-21

October 22, 2019Human Resources Associate

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback! The pros you listed help us in determining what perks and benefits are most valuable to our employees. We're glad you enjoyed your time here at PayJunction, and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

9. "They’ve got your back"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction full-time for less than a year

Pros

The environment is great. Coworkers are so friendly and ready to support anyone who needs helps. It’s really special to work somewhere where you feel completely supported.

Cons

Pay could be more competitive

PayJunction2019-10-18

October 21, 2019Human Resources Associate

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed the company culture at PayJunction so far, and we hope to continue supporting your success!

10. "Best company I’ve ever worked for"

Current Employee - Sales in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at PayJunction full-time for more than a year

Pros

Executive team and management are great and have repeatedly demonstrated how much they care about employees inside and outside of the work environment

Cons

No downsides to working here

PayJunction2019-10-17

October 21, 2019Human Resources Associate

Our executives founded this company with the slogan of "prioritizing long-term relationships over short-term profit." Every day since, they've worked hard to make that goal a reality. We're glad to hear those values are being reflected in your experience here at PJ!

Found 148 reviews