Payroll1 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Payroll1 Interview Questions

1.9

Systems Analyst Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Payroll1 (Troy, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Getting the interview happened quite fast actually. Payroll 1 was eager to interview me right away and was very accommodating to the scheduling of the interview. I was warned that I would be interviewing with several people (6) and given their titles and background which was great. I was able to read up and do my research on both the company and the folks interviewing me. When I got to the interview, it was like "open discussion". A long lost friend they hadn't seen in years. I was a bit shocked at the relaxed environment being that I prepared myself for common interview questions which never happened. The CEO kept repeating "We don't like slackers here". I thought that was pretty odd. The system manager was the most unease of the entire group. Kept asking me questions regarding both my Business Analysis background as well as my Project Management background. He seemed to be the only one that cared to ask about my skills. The rest were there for the ride? I had to lead the interview because no one was asking me valid questions. It was a very odd/too relaxed of an interview. I think they are looking to get two roles for the price of one. No one will go for this I'm sorry!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Payroll1 (Birmingham, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

I was scheduled for a phone interview this morning at 9am and the call never came (in case you are wondering about my previous payroll experience...I have been processing payroll since 1999). After waiting the requisite 15 minutes I called and asked the receptionist if I might leave a message for my interviewer. I was told that she was just sitting at her desk - I could be transferred to her. I explained that I had already been waiting for her to call for 15 minutes and had to move forward with my day. Prior to scheduling the phone interview I checked glassdoor and was surprosed to find that Payroll 1 only has a rating of 2, but being aware of such a low score made my experience not quite such a surprise. I am fortunate to have only lost 15 minutes and not hours like some of the other interview reviewers who posted here. It's important to remember that even in a downward economy the interview is being conducted on both sides. The person interviewing for the job is sizing up the company just as much as they are being questioned.

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Payroll1.

Interview

Had about 5 interviews, 2 ride alongs, and 2 skypes. The company drug the process out about 4 months and requires you to speak with just about everyone there. Everyone you speak to just talks to you for about half an hour or so- just didn't seemed to be all that productive.

Interview Questions

• Not a single "interview" type question. Conversations that lasted about 30 min with varied members of their staff. Each interview seemed more like its purpose was to help you get through the next one- if that makes since.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Payroll1 (Birmingham, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

I had a telephone interview for 15 minutes. The interviewer said someone would call back if they wanted me for an in office interview. Never heard back from the recruiter. I have over ten years of payroll experience. Not sure what type of employee they are looking for. The job was for full-time. I was asked during the interview what my expected pay rate was for the payroll job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Payroll1 (Denver, CO) in July 2012.

Interview

Very drawn out, from the first interview to the final interview it was almost three months. First I had a phone interview with the HR manager. About two weeks later I interviewed with processors, then two weeks later met with the rest of the processors. A month after that I met with the president of the company. I received a letter in the mail two weeks later advising that I did not receive the position.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fact based wanting to know about your previous experience. Very basic questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Payroll1 (Birmingham, MI) in December 2011.

Interview

Had 4 different interviews with this company, first was a phone interview, second was an in person interview including some timed tests with basic math questions and such, 3rd interview was job shadowing and an interview with a regional manager, 4th interview was with the president of the company. All interviews were fairly simple and seemed to go really well with positive feedback from all along the way. Before my final interview I was given information regarding benefits, time off, pay etc...and then after my final 15 minute interview with the president, I was not offered the job. The final interview seemed more like a meet and greet with the president of the company, I was asked very few questions, and she just talked about the company and that was it. Not sure what went wrong, but seemed like a month of wasted time.

Interview Questions

• Just a few random situational questions, but most questions were pretty general interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Payroll1 (Charlotte, NC) in June 2009.

Interview

I went to 3 interviews so far. The first one was over the phone with a recruiter from the headquarter. The last two were from the local office.