Peabody Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Human Resources Employee Benefits Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Peabody (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

The entire process took about 1 month from application to start date. It started with an a phone interview with the recruiter. The phone screen was more informational about Peabody. Everything was communicated very well - including the Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. From there, I interviewed with the Manager of HR Systems, Manager of Employee Benefits and three of 5 Benefits Specialists. All interviews were similar in that most questions were behavioral based. Then, a second in-person interview with Director of Hire-to-Rehire, and the other two Benefits Specialists. Again, behavioral based interview.

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wright, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peabody (Wright, WY).

Interview

2-3 people in the interview room with you. Typical questions. Interviewers acted like they didn't want to be there. Not a tough interview but more than should be required for the job. Content/Questions were pretty irrelevant to the job

Interview Questions

• Tell us one thing you don't do very well or need to improve   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Peabody.

Interview

Interviewer spent 75% of time talking and seemed irritated when I responded, which seemed amateurish given that this was for a director position. We talked compensation and they weren't competitive. This was a positive: No wasted time. I'm thankful for the experience, but realized clearly that there's a reason why Peabody is in Chapter 11. Coal is a dying industry and Peabody doesn't seem to have diversified.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peabody (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a very easy process due to the fact that is was a temporary position. I was a phone interview with the Director, Manager, and two of the team members.

Human Resources Employee Benefits Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Peabody (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was rude and kept asking questions about my last rate of pay, and asked several times as to why I left my last position as if he was expecting me to change my initial answer. I was not given the opportunity to ask additional questions and he dominated the entire conversation. He was too focused on my last rate of pay, why I left the company, and why I was asking for a salary above my last position. With the attitude he displayed I can now understand why the review for this organization is 2.9 stars. I should be 0 stars. I will never apply to work for this company again.

Interview Questions

• How much did you make in your last role, did they offer PTO/vacation, what was the 401(k) match, etc. (All invasive questions about my last role). The interviewer never provided information about the salary for this role, etc. This conversation was very one-sided and I was not given the opportunity to ask any questions. The recruiter did advise that they recently laid off thousand of employees recently. I would not want to work for this company based on the uncertainty alone.   1 Answer

Quality Control Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kayenta, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Peabody (Kayenta, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

A very lengthy interview. They asked detailed situational questions pertaining to the job. A math examination was given at the end of the interview which also was also lengthy. The math exam consisted basic algebra, multiple choice and very basic chemistry problems.

Interview Questions

• What is the highest quality sulfur allowed that the mine can ship?   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Socorro, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Peabody (Socorro, NM) in February 2015.

Interview

Sat down in a library room with two representatives during class time. Was asked several questions and then asked if I had any questions for them. No followup whatsover informing their decison

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult challenge you have overcome?   Answer Question

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gillette, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Peabody (Gillette, WY) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly simple interview. They simply wanted to know more about me than what I could do. Like what I do for fun, goals in life. Safety is the # 1 goal of the company and you have to be a team player! With that being said if you have them traits and can run equipment then this interview will go easy and successful for you!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Peabody.

Interview

They were very nice people. I spoke to them at a career fair at my college. They looked over my resume and had a sign up sheet for interviews the next day. During the interview they were very relaxed and I felt very comfortable with the atmosphere

Manager of Sales and Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Peabody (Huntington, WV) in November 2012.

Interview

Interviewer asked question that would show you had experience in the job that you was applying for. Then I was asked my total work history and the different jobs that I had held in the coal industry. Why I wanted to leave my present employeer.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with right to match contracts?   1 Answer