Peace Corps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Peace Corps Interview Questions

Interviews at Peace Corps

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

One interview pre-Covid. It was fairly simple they sent most of the questions to you before hand so you have time to study. Interviewer never actually worked for peace corps though so he couldn't really answer my questions which was awkward.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the conditions at your post and comfortable committing to living in them for 27 months   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

They provide you with a list of questions/topics beforehand. The interview was over video chat and it was slightly awkward since the interviewer had to write down each of my answers.

Interview Questions

Interview

I made it to the final round of the interview process. All the questions were provided prior to the interview. We are advised that it will be a video interview however mine ended up being strictly audio.

English Teacher Interview

Interview

1.5 hours, interviewer was very serious. Covered background, interest in Peace Corps, and how you are prepared to deal with the challenges of peace corps. Overall was not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• How are you prepared to deal with the various challenges of Peace Corps?   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. All of the questions they typically pull from can be found in online blogs. They really want you to draw from your prior experiences to show that you're prepared for the living situation of being a PCV and can adapt to working across language and cultural barriers in an unfamiliar setting. It helps to do some research on the host country and your specific role as well. They will ask what other resources you have consulted, so read some blogs on their site, go to an info session, talk to former PCVs, etc. beforehand that you can mention.

Interview Questions

• What is a time that you failed and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

TEFL Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

Straightforward and concise. There are few follow-up questions to your answers. The entire interview took about 30 minutes and questions are about motivation, behavioral reactions in past situations, and how you would react in hypothetical scenarios.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

phone interview, lasted 45 minutes. The interviewer mainly asked questions related to your ability to adapt, be flexible, and overcome challenges. Behavioral based. At the end of the interview made sure to send a thank you email.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were confronted with a challenge/ How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Interview

I had one Skype Business interview that took about 30 minutes. The person who interviewed me was not from the country team I was applying to and was reading from a set of questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult situation you've had in the work environment and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Interview

One-on-one video call with a placement officer. The interviewer made you feel like you were doing poorly, possibly on purpose to see how you would handle it. Apparently everyone else in my cohort felt the same way.

Agriculture Extension Volunteer Interview

Interview

They emailed me a list of questions prior to the interview. She asked mostly every question plus some additional questions to gauge how much interest I actually have in serving as a PCV.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience living or working with someone from another culture   Answer Question