Peace Corps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Peace Corps Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The recruiter was friendly. It was almost like a conversation of what I could bring to the table, with a few standard questions. I was told I was accepted for the position pending background check pretty soon after the interview (less than a week).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Peace Corps? How do you adapt in difficult situations (living conditions...)? How do your skills apply to the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

My recruiter did my interview. She was thorough in both assessing if I'd be a good fit and telling me the ins and outs of the job. She was a big reason I took the job.

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps in July 2017.

Interview

Streamlined and efficient process. After submitting my application I was quickly notified whether I was under consideration and for what country and role they were considering me. I was then contacted to schedule a skype interview. Quickly responding to this email gave me more date and time options. The skype interview ended up being audio only because a quirk of my computer, however my interviewer was kind and accommodating about the fact. At the end of the interview, I was told to make sure that I contacted to my references to verify that they had received an email about writing a recommendation letter. This was an important step because the Peace Corps uses an automatic email system that sometimes gets sent directly to spam.

Interview Questions

• My interview was focused on my experiences with education as I had applied the round before and they had my responses on file for the more behavioral questions. An example question: "What is your teaching philosophy"/"How would you handle a group of 30-40 students?"   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (New York, NY).

Interview

The process overall took 9 months from the submission of application, to interview, to medical clearance, to receiving an offer. My interview took place with a recruiter at the regional office in New York.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with tutoring (after selected for Education sector).   Answer Question

PCV Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Peace Corps in June 2017.

Interview

It was long, but they didn't deviate much from the prompts and questions they provided before the interview so It was pretty easy to prepare. Didn't hear back for about a month.

Interview Questions

• What is something you attempted to do and failed at? Why did you fail?   1 Answer

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

The interview was conducted over Skype for Business. The application process was very long, I would recommend starting ASAP, but not too long before your desired date of departure because the application will get deleted. I received an email poll of the times I was available to interview, and this was the time my Skype interview was held. I had an issue with the video, but was able to communicate easily with my Site Coordinator to fix this issue and go along with the interview. The interview was a long about 60 minute interview. I was asked to elaborate on my answers for almost ever question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you failed?
      Why do you think you failed?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

For the Office of Civil Rights and Diversity. I was emailed after I sent in a cover letter to come in for an interview. Two people interviewed me, but only one asked the questions. Not totally formal, but not completely informal either.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe diversity to a group of kindergartners?   Answer Question

Secondary English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Peace Corps in February 2017.

Interview

Interview Process was pleasant, I spoke with my interviewer on skype for about two hours between her asking me questions and me asking her questions about her specific experience in the job.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (New York, NY).

Interview

We met at a cafe. The interviewer asked me scripted questions and recorded my responses. It was not incredibly formal or stressful, but they do expect you to dress professionally (minimum business casual).

Environmental Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was done over the phone. It began with pretty straight forward questions but later in the interview some of the questions sounded like trick questions. Basically I was told that I was borderline qualified which made no sense to me. I was told not to get discouraged because I was a perfect fit and that an additional essay question would be sent by email to determine my Spanish writing ability but that email never arrived.