Peak Concepts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2018

2.3

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denville, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peak Concepts (Denville, NJ) in February 2018.

Interview

The interviews paint a very accurate dipication of the corporate structure at PEAK. They outline the jobs and responsibilities very well. Also explain the benchmarks you need to hit to advance in the company.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 words that best describe you?   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Peak Concepts (Denville, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

"The interview process was divided into three rounds"...If this isn't the first review you've read about Peak Concepts, I'm sure you see where this is going. Read through some of the reviews that begin something like that and you'll get a general idea of the application/interview process and eventually what the job will entail. I was excited about possibly working for this company but before even being offered the job, (which I'm sure will happen sometime this week) I know I won't be accepting it. All three rounds were exactly like what I read in other reviews. Mostly positive but some of the things I saw are not vibing with me. When you know, you know.! I will not be taking the leap with this one.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any marketing experience?
      Do you know the difference between direct and indirect marketing?
      Can you tell of a time where you were asked to show leadership at work, school, sports, etc?   1 Answer

Marketing Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denville, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peak Concepts (Denville, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Friendly and short. relaxed. professional atmosphere seems like theres lots of room for growth within and travel. many other applicants there on the day i was in so must be competitive

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for us   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Peak Concepts (Denville, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for an Account Manager position and I was contacted by the companies HR team in order to meet for an in person interview.

I met with the Managing Director and it went well and he offered me a second interview in person. The first interview was short. I went in filled out a form asking me where I work now, current pay, expected pay, etc.

One would work in direct marketing with a consumer. One of the larger accounts would be Home Depot and you would walk around Home Depot's Kitchen, Bathroom, and Exterior. All the Client Service Rep is responsible for is 3 leads a day or 18 by EOW (End Of Week).

Oh, and everyone and I mean EVERYONE starts as a Client Service Rep REGARDLESS of the position applied for.

The money comes from just booking the leads and having Home Depot's team of consultants meet the consumer and have a discussion.

All the other glassdoor posts about this company turned out to be true (even being taken to a Dunkin Donuts for a second interview [although I'm more of a Starbucks guy])

Interview Questions

• What type of animal would you be?   1 Answer
    • Do you know the difference between indirect and direct marketing?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Dec 1, 2017 – Owner

Dear Reviewer,

We're sorry that you didn't find what you were looking for with our company. Part of our interview process and a priority of management at Peak Concepts is that the structure of... More

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Peak Concepts.

Interview

The interview process had three steps, a preliminary "meet and greet" interview, a more in depth interview explaining the position further with a current employee, and a final interview with the CEO asking some follow up/wrap up questions. The actual interview process was fine, but the communication between management and prospective employees/job seekers is terrible. I am not local, which the hiring manager knew from the beginning of my first interview. They still continued to string me along and have me come in for all three interviews, only to say that they're concerned I don't live there - which they knew from the beginning. My advice is express that concern from the beginning and know what you want as a company. Don't just interview and pursue whoever and whatever comes your way just to grow your company. That's a waste of everyone's time.

Interview Questions

Peak Concepts Response

Aug 30, 2017 – Owner

Dear Sir/Madam,
    We thank you for not only taking the time or interview with our hiring team, but also giving us constructive feedback to make the interview process more streamline for both parties... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peak Concepts (Denville, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

The initial interview is basically a meet and greet. Geared towards defining the true nature of the position and the potential. It's also a measuring stick for the hiring manager to measure interest.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in a position with us ?   1 Answer

Because it basically a meat market type of job. They are hoping through rate of attrition that at least 1% out if a 100 applicants say okay. As a seasoned veteran in sales and marketing since 1985, I found their process deceiving as well as insulting. Not to sound conceited, but I could have run rings around the young hiring manager that I was speaking with. I had more answers than he did! It was a complete joke....

Aug 26, 2016 – Owner

We have certainly devoted more time into recruiting efforts as we approach our team goal of opening up a second office in New Jersey. We're excited about the opportunity to meet with potential... More

Anonymous Employee in Denville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Peak Concepts (Denville, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was very straight forward. 1st round interview with the owner of the company. Briefly described the opportunity and discussed direct marketing. Painted a broad picture of the opportunity within the company and who they work with. 2nd round got to see exactly how they do marketing for the clients they work with. After was given a thorough step by step description of the business model and how one can advance quickly if willing to work hard. Was very clear that this was a face to face marketing firm working within a large retailer. NOT a door to door sales job. I felt like everything was very transparent, no questions went unanswered. Have been through other interviews with companies with similar business models, but left not knowing exactly what I would be doing in the position I was applying for. With Peak Concepts I knew exactly what I would be doing and how I would be getting compensated.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Direct and Indirect Marketing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Peak Concepts (Denville, NJ).

Interview

The interviewing process was very unique. I heard a lot of music playing and everyone who walked in looked very young but professional. I met with the director, his assisting director and another manager in the office. They all asked me interesting questions about myself and laid out a breif model of the business. I was invited to a second round that I attended 2 days later. I saw more hands on and learned more about the job. On the third round I accepted the offer because I was looking for an opportunity to grow professionally rather than a 9-5!

Interview Questions

• What is marketing?
      Can you self manage?
      Do you see yourself in a leadership role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Peak Concepts (Denville, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very hands-on and relaxed. The first round interview was less about my resume and more about me as a person and the interests that I have which I thought was interesting and awesome. It wasn't them grilling me on my resume as much as getting to know my skills and what I was looking for in a next opportunity. The second round interview was a live demonstration of the marketing campaigns that were run and was very cordial and conversational with customers and very relaxed which put me at ease in such a nervous environment. They also got a chance to explain how the progression in the company worked as well as the pay structure which was all very interesting and simplified for rapid growth! It seems like they care deeply about the mutual relationship between candidate and business.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of when you hear the word marketing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Relaxed and not confrontational

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peak Concepts.

Interview

VERY awful experience for me. I applied to this place a while back because it's close to where I live and offered a decent amount of money. The first interview is really quick and painless (in my opinion), but they are very vague about what they do. One of the things being that they work together with HomeDepot and talk to their clients or whatever. It wasn't until the second interview that I realized that this was the kind of place I did not want to be in. First of all, when they scheduled me for a second interview, it was litterly for the next day. Which I guess I didn't mind at the time, but I had to drive all the way out to Butler, NJ (or its surrounding area..which is about a 45 min drive for me) to litterly go inside the local Home Depot that was there. It was then that I realized that this was pretty much a door to door kind of place and promptly turned around. Waste of my time.