Perkins Coie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Perkins Coie

3.2

Conflicts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Perkins Coie (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

The recruiter was professional, personable, direct, and frank when she could be. We both knew I was overqualified for the specific position advertised, so the focus of the interview was about my long-term goals and whether I might be able to adjust with a shift in responsibilities. When I followed up, I was informed that the position was not filled but the firm had decided to condsider candidates at the time to fill it.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Perkins Coie.

Interview

There was an online application, then a phone call interview then an in-person interview at the company. Also had an HR interview at the company as well. Found the phone call to be more intensive than the in person interview. The In person interview was done by 2 people and lasted an hour.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Perkins Coie (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Standard interview process with the hiring person., followed by a more candid meeting with paralegals within the firm. This processed wrapped up with another one on one with the hiring manager, who was very informative and communicated what to expect in the days and weeks post-interview.

Interview Questions

• What percentage of my current job entailed business transactions on the corporate side.   Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Perkins Coie.

Interview

I attended a full day of interviews and met with 5-6 members of the practice group, which included both partners and associates. All were very pleasant and the associates candid about work-life balance at a law firm.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a question about a case in my writing sample.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Interview

They called for a phone screen interview. Afterwards, I then came into the office to meet everyone and interviewed with the team. After the in person interview, I filled out the application with my background and references who they called right after.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick Perkins Coie instead of other companies?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Perkins Coie (Seattle, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

I was asked to schedule a 45 minute long phone screen. I was then scheduled to come in for several rounds of interviews which stretched out for half the day. It involved one-on-one time with some higher ups. It also involved meetings with smaller groups of people with whom I was going to be working directly.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions. Why Perkins Coie? Talk about a time you were given tasks with competing deadlines. How did you handle them? How do you handle times when you are given a task to accomplish with very little guidance, etc.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Perkins Coie (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Met with multiple lawyers, sometimes several at a time. Spoke first on the phone with attorneys from other offices. Then met in person with various attorneys in the office where I was applying. Fairly standard interview process among BigLaw firms.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in the firm over other competitors.   Answer Question

Assistant Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Perkins Coie (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Interview process is standard to corporate, phone interview with follow up in person interviews that consist of about 2 hours. Takes a long time to get a response and interview process is lengthy compared to other employers. Expect delay in offer letter and response due to corporate structure and depending on season.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Perkins Coie.

Interview

Interview took three rounds- a phone interview that lasted 30 min, then in person with two people- someone from HR & someone from paralegal services & then the last round was with the team I'd work with. They emailed a couple days after the phone to tell me I moved on, and told me in person during the 2nd interview that they wanted me for a 3rd. Overall nice people and easy to talk to. Pretty standard interview questions... why Perkins Coie? Asked about past experience, etc.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Perkins Coie (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online and was screened by phone. In-person interview was basic one-on-one question and answer session with each attorney in the assignment. Some attorneys were strictly professional and others more casual. Receptionist was very polite and thoughtful upon arrival.

Interview Questions

• Questions focused on previous legal experience and knowledge of the practice group. Attorneys had copies of my resume and pulled questions directly from it.   Answer Question