Persado Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Persado Interview Questions

Interviews at Persado

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Persado in January 2020.

Interview

My interview process at Persado was overwhelmingly positive. Frank, my recruiter, found me on LinkedIn and scheduled time to discuss the position and my potential fit over the phone.  He was polite, friendly, professional and enthusiastic, as well as transparent about the interview process, hiring timeline, compensation range and benefits package right from our first discussion. Frank worked tirelessly to keep the process moving quickly despite my having thrown a wrench in the process by leaving the country for a week between the last two phases of the interview process. The entire process consisted of ~5.5 hours of phone/video interviews and assessments, and took just over a month from start to finish.

While the process was intense and the required numerical assessment and business case felt intimidating at first, I felt entirely supported and encouraged throughout the process. While you must pass to proceed to next steps, the expectation is not that you get everything 100% right on the first try, but rather that you can share your thought process and communicate effectively as you work through your solutions. A breakdown of the process and details of the required assessments are below.

ROUND 1
    - Initial phone screen with recruiter (30m)
    - Self-administered timed numerical assessment (30m).

ROUND 2
    - Video interview with hiring manager/Director of Project Manager (1h)
    - Video interview with Head of Project Management (1h)

ROUND 3
    - Prep phone call with recruiter (30m)
    - Business case exam, proctored by Persado data scientist (1h)
    - Video Interview with Vice President of Project Management (1h)

NUMERICAL ASSESSMENT - This consisted of ~15 multiple choice, story problem style math questions. You might be shown a graph or a chart, and be asked to interpret the data, or asked to make simple calculations. You will need a very basic understanding of math and marketing metrics to easily pass this. There are plenty of practice exams out there, and my recruiter even provided me with a few links to similar exams so I could get comfortable with the format. Pro tip: if something is feeling challenging and you are not able to easily answer within a minute, move on. If you waste your time answering one question that you may or may not get right, you risk the test ending when your time is up, prior to completion. Any answer not given is one missed.

PROCTORED BUSINESS CASE - This was fully explained by my recruiter and I received a prep call with him so that I could ask any questions I had prior. A few minutes before my scheduled business case, I received a raw data set sent via email showing results from an experiment (KPIs of variants as well as a control) as well as a list of questions.  I was also provided some formulas that showed how Persado calculates KPIs, like ROI, uplift, etc. At the time of my exam, I had a short video discussion with a data scientist who designed the exam, and he explained the format in more depth and was also available for questions. I was then given access to a Google Sheet that I was allowed to manipulate, organize, add columns, formulas, etc. and use to provide my answers and show my work. After the time ended, the data scientist went through the questions and asked for my answers, as well as explanations about how I reached those answers, and a few "curveball" questions. These curveballs weren't really tricky, so much as they were designed to see if I could understand, interpret and communicate my findings, and even provide alternative views or answers given the context of the problems I was solving for my "client."

Interview Questions

• How would you describe Persado to a friend or family member?   Answer Question
    • Given this data set, which variant (or control) would you advise the client to use if they wanted to optimize to overall lift, and didn't care about revenue or ROI?   Answer Question

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Persado (Chicago, IL) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview process itself was quick, but extremely thorough. It starts off with a initial screening with a recruiter. If that goes well, you're asked to take a math exam to assess your basic logic/understanding of the concepts that you will be using at Persado. After that, I had 3 1-hour video interviews. Once I passed those, the final round consisted of creating a business case, taking another math/data exam, and then another 1-hour video interview. The business case itself was challenging and a lot of questions are asked during your presentation of it, which you need to answer and explain. While this is rather intense, it shows that the company puts a lot of thought/effort into who they hire so you'll only be working with the best of the best.

It's also worth mentioning that the recruiter during this whole process was beyond helpful. He, along with two of the people I interviewed with, helped prep me for the business case and some of the questions I'd be getting. This was a first for me and it was greatly appreciated!

Interview Questions

• How do you approach problem-solving?
      What experience do you have with analyzing data/interpreting it to clients?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Persado (New York, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

The hiring process included a phone screening with the recruiter, an online exam, a live business case, and multiple video interviews with team leaders. The overall process was pretty smooth, despite overlapping with Thanksgiving and travel. The recruiter, Frank, was incredible to work with, constantly communicating and helping prep me for the next phase of the process. It was the first time working with an in-house recruiter that was so thorough and helpful. The conversations with team leaders were very positive and straight-forward with their questions/expectations of the role.

Chief of Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Persado (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

Quick and efficient: I had 2 stages after the HR screening call and I received an offer within days. End to end, the process was just over 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Back to the basics: what are your strengths and weaknesses? (hint: it's all about knowing yourself and showing up as your full self to match the culture)   Answer Question

Product Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Persado (New York, NY).

Interview

Talent recruiter emails with calendar appointment. You select 3 dates. They didn’t respond with the first 3 date of choice. Had to email but no response, so changed date and they finally responded. Recruiter called 5 minutes late. Email rejection with no explanation.

Project Coordinator Interview

Interview

HR phone interview, math assessment test, 2hr on-site interview that consisted of a business case review and a one-on-one interview, then 1hr video interview. Took three weeks.

For a job that only required two years of experience (not entry-level, but also not mid-senior level), they sure had a lot of expectations and sounded like they were looking for someone overqualified to fill a lower position. Although it is impressive how thorough their hiring process is, they should also take into consideration the amount of time and effort they are asking from every candidate. If you already had one candidate in mind, please don't bother wasting other candidates' time.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Persado (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

It really depends on the role but mine was fairly quick and painless. I had an initial phone call and then my onsite interview. Thankfully, my role did not require me to complete the numerical exam but most roles require that.

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Persado (Chicago, IL) in July 2019.

Interview

The process is a bit long but not really that bad. 1) HR 2) Math test 3) Hiring Manager 4) Peer Reviews 5) Presentation. They are pretty straightforward and generally nice and don't ask you anything bizarre or off the wall. They are candid about what the job entails and easily discuss strengths and weaknesses of the company. I did not make it the presentation phase so the only thing I know about it is presenting a business case in front of an audience which counts for a lot. They got back in a reasonable amount of time in between stages. Everything was video/phone call for the first 4 stages.

Interview Questions

• Nothing crazy. Somewhat philosophical questions and they like to have a conversation about the role. Questions were deceptively simple meaning I didn't know exactly what they wanted so probably didn't touch the points they needed which is sad because I thought the technology sounded very good.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Persado (New York, NY).

Interview

I was screened by the recruiter, then prompted to take a math assessment. I was then asked to come in to meet with some directors to chat about my technical background and experience. That same day I did another math focused case study. I felt that the experience went really well, and I got the problems in discussion correct.

I was then asked to come back in for another set of interviews with the VP and another Director. I was enjoying the vibes of the company until I met with the VP. He seemed like he already made his decision before chatting with me that day as the whole interview was just cold. A lot of business school textbook like management questions, including an on your feet math problem (which I got right).

The last set of interviews rubbed me the wrong way and my excitement to work there waned significantly that day.

Interview Questions

• For every time you roll a dice you get the dollar amount for whatever number it lands on. In order for the dealer to break even, what is the fee that the dealer must charge you?   1 Answer
    • How would you explain to a friend what Persado is?   Answer Question
    • In a sentence, how would your best friend describe you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Persado (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview was great. Very relaxed people at the company. Asked basic questions pertaining project management and the company to assess knowledge and fit. I would strongly recommend applying here if you're looking for a new job.