Pet Food Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Pet Food Express

2.3

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pet Food Express (San Francisco, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied got called in for an interview. Went to interview, they asked basic questions took maybe 20-30mins. Got called in a few days and was offered the job.

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pet Food Express (Oakland, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The phone interview turned out to be a ten minute marketing survey rather than an interview. I was never asked about my background or skills, no job related questions. The recruiter's only questions were about my shopping habits for buying pet food. When I told her I don't currently have a pet, she didn't seem to listen and continued asking questions like, "where do you buy your dog or cat food?" What kinds of pet food and supplies do you buy and where?, Why do you buy your pet food at a particular store?"

At the end of her marketing survey, I tried asking about the position but she replied I would have a chance to ask questions during the second interview.

The interview seemed like a deceptive attempt to collect marketing data. They didn't seem to care what skills I could bring to the role.

Accounts Payable Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pet Food Express (Oakland, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Phone Interview. It took about 20 minutes. The recruiter basically made me run down my resume and asked how long I worked at each place and why I quit. She asked me a few questions about how I heard about Pet Food Express and I told her I found it on their website.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to Pet Food Express versus other employers?   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pet Food Express (Oakland, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview process took a lot of time. First, an initial phone interview of about 30 minutes. Then 2 in-person interview. They both had assessments and the second one took almost 3 hours. Was asked for my references and was told that they would let me know before they were contacted and then.... ghosted. Never heard from them again. Not even a rejection email or a "thank you for your time" call. I am disappointed.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment and why?   Answer Question

Accounting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pet Food Express (Oakland, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The application process was easy, I applied on Monday, I got call on Tuesday and had phone interview on Wednesday.

This was my first phone interview, I was not prepared for the phone interview. I was nervous and unprepared. I am not a phone person.

The recruiter asked simple questions some personal and some related to the job.

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Interview

First had a phone interview, then had a one on one interview where the interviewer invited someone else from the team to come in after a while as well. Overall, they were nice, but it felt more intimidating than other interviews I have had. This is not because of difficulty, but more from the atmosphere the interviewers gave when asking questions. It was an okay interview experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the estimated amount of iterations you would do for a project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Pet Food Express (San Carlos, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I file the job application on their website, got a call from Group Manager in 2 days. Then We set up 1:1 interview with her in 3 days. The interview was easy, more or less like chatting with friends for me. We talked about past work experience, and what kind of pet experience you have. She also asked about what's expectations and sample would I set for employees. Anyways, its was a really easy and comfortable interview for me, a very pleasant experience. Then I got a call from the other group manager the very next day. He set up another 1:1 interview with me the next week. It went pretty good as well, again its like chatting and telling my stories and experience. Then I got another interview with District Manager in after 3 weeks. That took a long time to wait, I almost thought I didn't get the job. Its turns out that the DM was on vacation XD. So, I went to their HQ in Oakland, for the last interview with the DM, again it is overall are very easy going conversations during the whole interview. They are all very friendly and lay back. I got the job offer within in a week, they called me and told me which store will I be working and also the hourly rate.

Overall, I'd say it was a very pleasant experience for me through out the interview process. I would only say, it took a bit long for me, since the DM was on vacation, but the 2 GMs who interviewed me, they constantly keep me in touch every week, and make sure I knew that I was still on the list. However, I got the job as Assistant Store Manager instead of Store Manager, which I am still very happy about it. I know I didn't have much experience in Management, was never in Manager position, so I think assistant manager would be a good approach for me.

Anonymous Employee in Novato, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pet Food Express (Novato, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

It's a pretty intense interview. I had two, one with a district manager and a store manager. Then another with a different district manager. Everyone was nice, the interviews were very pleasant and very thorough. PFE's culture is very specific, and only a specific type of person will really thrive in their environment. So they have to be sure that they're picking the right people.

Interview Questions

• What your work experience is? How would you handle difficult situations? Do you have any animal or pet experience? What's your favorite color? (No, seriously, this was an interview question. They do it just for fun.)   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pet Food Express in June 2015.

Interview

I originally interviewed for Manager in Training with the District Manager and the Store Manager. It was pretty relaxed, they spent a lot of time filling me in on the position and telling me about the company. They asked me about my previous experience, but spent most of the time telling me how they did things, and I had to interject that I did similar things before at my old job. They also spent time saying how difficult it was to go in straight as a Store Manager, and it is easier to get hired lower and work your way up, but they said they don't really have a great promotion program. They asked if would be interested in interviewing for Assistant Manager instead. It was another week until I interviewed with the Group manager and store manager for another location. They asked me what my weaknesses are, and they really wanted to get a sense of me personally. They also really stressed being a LEADER as opposed to just being a manager and want to know that you are a team player. It was over all pretty easy, it was just like having a conversation and they were pretty relaxed and easy going people. It seems like they are just looking for enthusiastic and up beat people who can work on a team.

Interview Questions

• If we asked your best friend what your biggest weakness was, what would they say?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cerrito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pet Food Express (El Cerrito, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager and the group manager. The first interview went good because I got passed along to the district manager. I interviewed with the DM on April 27, I thought the interview went well considering, she stated that she liked me and would reach out to me to know the next steps in the process. Then I received an auto generated email on April 29 stating that: Unfortunately, after careful review of our needs we are unable to accommodate you at this time.

Interview Questions

• What was a retailer that gave you good/bad customer service ? How did they give you good/bad service ?   Answer Question