Pet Food Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pet Food Express Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

2.3

Human Resources/Recruiting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pet Food Express.

Interview

I applied online and a HR person called me several times and I called back but we kept missing each other. I was confused as to why someone in HR wouldn't know how to leave a clear message...or say what a good time to call back would be...or just send an email. She just kept asking me to call her back. Umm ok. She finally left a message saying she would be at her desk but when I called right back it went to voicemail. I was about to give up and she finally called back. She then started asking interview questions. There was no mention of this being a phone interview and who doesn't schedule a phone interview ahead of time? If a HR person seems unprofessional and inexperienced, that's a big red flag for me. Also the job sounded incredibly boring. I was not interested in moving forward.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the challenges of this position would be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pet Food Express (New York, NY).

Interview

One very simple interview. Easy, comfortable conversation. Went over previous work/volunteer experience. Talked about our love of animal care. Told me he would call me with a response within the week.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pet Food Express (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The hiring process involved two rounds of interviews. The environment is fun and casual but the interview is professional and pointed. Prepare to be introspective and empathetic in your consideration of your answers to the questions posed. KEY FACTORS: be super enthusiastic, show your love for pets (get out your phone and show off your cutest pictures), and dress professionally.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who is excessive tardy to work?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pet Food Express (Davis, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I received an e-mail to schedule an interview. When I got there, the manager was very pleasant. He seemed to sincerely enjoy working for this company (so did other employees). I was brought in for a second interview and met two other members of management who also seemed to love their jobs. The management wanted to find someone who would want to stick around for a while and seemed like they were also searching for someone who would fit with their team. They said that I should expect to hear back in about a week. A week and some says later, I gave the first manager a call when I didn't hear back and he said they've been finishing up interviews and he would get back to me in a few more days. He honored that with an e-mail stating that they have selected someone else. Oh, well. That was, by far, the best interview experience I've ever had, despite not getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Just the usual, tell me about yourself, etc. The interview was some time ago, can't recall the hardest or unusual questions.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saratoga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pet Food Express (Saratoga, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

It took me a month to get an interview with the manager. She was very kind and asked me very few questions. Because I am a high school student, she simply asked me what my plans were for the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pet Food Express (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

I received an email within a week of submitting my online application. Although they usually have two separate interviews with the District Manager and Group Manager, they both were able to come in the same day, so I had one interview with both. They later sent me an online form to fill in for my references and said they will be in touch within a week depending on how quickly my references respond.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pet Food Express (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

So applying to PFE you can expect to have one or two interviews with a manager and possibly the district manager. After being hired you should expect to spend your first few shifts with a manager being educated on store operations, and how they run everything. There is a huge handbook that you will be given, and a checklist that will be gone over with you. Enjoy.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions: Why our company? What are your experience with pets? How do you feel about pets?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Honestly didn't feel like there was a negotiation phase.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pet Food Express in June 2015.

Interview

I originally interviewed for Manager in Training with the District Manager and the Store Manager. It was pretty relaxed, they spent a lot of time filling me in on the position and telling me about the company. They asked me about my previous experience, but spent most of the time telling me how they did things, and I had to interject that I did similar things before at my old job. They also spent time saying how difficult it was to go in straight as a Store Manager, and it is easier to get hired lower and work your way up, but they said they don't really have a great promotion program. They asked if would be interested in interviewing for Assistant Manager instead. It was another week until I interviewed with the Group manager and store manager for another location. They asked me what my weaknesses are, and they really wanted to get a sense of me personally. They also really stressed being a LEADER as opposed to just being a manager and want to know that you are a team player. It was over all pretty easy, it was just like having a conversation and they were pretty relaxed and easy going people. It seems like they are just looking for enthusiastic and up beat people who can work on a team.

Interview Questions

• If we asked your best friend what your biggest weakness was, what would they say?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pet Food Express.

Interview

You go in the store and tell an associate you have an interview, the manager takes you to the back room and you chat about your past experiences and they tell you about the position. I've only been through one interview, but the manager suggested that I would be called back in for a second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cerrito, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pet Food Express (El Cerrito, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the store manager and the group manager. The first interview went good because I got passed along to the district manager. I interviewed with the DM on April 27, I thought the interview went well considering, she stated that she liked me and would reach out to me to know the next steps in the process. Then I received an auto generated email on April 29 stating that: Unfortunately, after careful review of our needs we are unable to accommodate you at this time.

Interview Questions

• What was a retailer that gave you good/bad customer service ? How did they give you good/bad service ?   Answer Question