PetPeople Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 16 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at PetPeople

PetPeople

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetPeople

Interview

Multiple steps. Phone screen > in person (two people will interview you) > home office interview (depending on role, done remote). Lengthy and long process. Can take 2-3 weeks to finish

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about pet nutrition?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetPeople (Atlanta, GA) in Mar 2021

Interview

30 minutes phone interview with a friendly tone and fun. Behavioral questions, Star interview process. Sale yourself well, give good example and be honest. If you pass the phone interview you’ll be invited to meet the store manager in a F2F.

Interview Questions
  • Using the STAR interview process, they will ask to give then an example of a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer. Situation Task Action Result.

PetPeople

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PetPeople

Interview

Interviewed by multiple people, this includes the first round by the assistant manager and the second round by the store manager. They are back to back and fairly similar questions. Background of previous jobs, what you know of the company, etc. Pretty general interview questions.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about PetPeople?

PetPeople

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PetPeople in Jun 2020

Interview

When you go in, it’s a 2 part interview in one day, one with manager and one with assistant manager. The managers were pretty straightforward and casual with their questions and the environment seemed positive.

Interview Questions
  • They asked specific questions about what you would do in a certain customer service situation

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PetPeople (Columbus, OH) in May 2020

Interview

Overall a very pleasant experience. There was the online application and then a phone interview that was scheduled through email. The phone interview only took about 30 minutes after all the questions the manager set up a time for an in-person interview that would take place in the store. The interview would be with two people I believe official titles were store manager and assistant manager, not too sure really because of MOD roles. The interview probably too about 45 minutes and the questions were standard to other customer service jobs. I made them laugh a couple of times and made sure if they had asked if I had any questions to prepare questions to ask.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

PetPeople

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PetPeople

Interview

After applying received an email from the DM of the Charlotte area (Beverley), asking for my availability for the next 3 days. I responded quickly after, yet never received a response until after the 3 days had passed. She then asks me to plan for a phone interview the next day and then blows me off with no response or apologizes. The lack of professionalism has turned me against pursing this job any further.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetPeople (Chicago, IL) in Mar 2019

Interview

I received an email a day after for a phone interview. The interview went well, up until midway through, I noticed that the recruiter's tone changed on the phone. The recruiter was pretty cold with me for the remainder of the call and told me that I would receive an e-mail if I was chosen for a face to face interview. I received a rejection email and I went ahead and requested some feedback. Given my background, I thought I would have gotten the chance to at least meet the area manager. that wasn't the case and the recruiter told me the position has been filled. the position is still posted on all job sites. I wanted actual feedback instead of a general response.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PetPeople (Chicago, IL) in Feb 2019

Interview

Received an email requesting a phone interview and was asked for availability during three days. I provided my availability and then was scheduled during a time that was not within what I had provided. The phone interview was given by the DM. She called over 10 minutes past the scheduled time. The interview was 3 questions. Thats it. Then was told I would receive an answer in 3 days. No answer in 3 days. I sent a follow up email, minutes later I received automated rejection email. DM couldn't follow up herself as she said she would during the interview. People's time is more valuable than this person or company seems to care about. Very disappointing considering the company seems like a nice place.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and why you want to leave your current employer?
  • What is your availability?
  • Tell me about your salary requirements.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PetPeople (Canton, OH) in Feb 2019

Interview

Very friendly she asked a little about me and what I did in life. She asked about my current employment and what I did there on an everyday basis, and if I went to school or not.

Interview Questions
  • Why did apply for a job at PetPeople

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PetPeople (Columbus, OH) in Nov 2016

Interview

It was a great experience. I was able to meet with multiple departments, including the owners. This helped provide a solid picture of what the company culture was like. It was also nice to get to know my team before joining!

Interview Questions
  • They asked about previous experience and about what pets I have.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Interviews