Petrobras Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

IT Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Petrobras (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

The onsite interview which lasted one hour with the Manager, the Director and a few Engineers throwing questions at me. This was a great interview process. The questions were very pertinent and the environment was very welcoming.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petrobras (Houston, TX).

Interview

If you speak Portuguese, it will be easier for you to get a job. The international procurement hires only Brazilians and there is not any opportunity to grow equally at the company.

Interview Questions

• If you were to be hired, could you work more than 8 hours based on a salary given to you?   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Petrobras.

Interview

I applied through the company’s website. The response was very quick. I was scheduled for an interview the following week. The interview itself went very well. I was mainly asked questions about my previous experience and skills with software. Overall, it took about 30 minutes to have the discussion with the hiring manager, two technical employees and an HR person.

Interview Questions

• There were really no hard questions. However, if I have to pick one, then I would peak the HR’s favorite question: “Why Petrobras?   Answer Question

Senior Geophysicist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petrobras (Houston, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Spoke over the phone to an HR representative and was invited to a panel interview. The team interviewed me, asking basic questions about my experience, skills and expertise. The interview was conducted in the main office for less than one hour. The offer arrived several days later.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you working in a high pace environment, sharing knowledge and expertise with your teammates, and supporting new staff?   1 Answer

Project Management Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petrobras in August 2009.

Interview

2 professionals. 1 Hiring manager . Took about 45 minutes. Junior member spent a lot of time describing their challenges to bring oil and gas to market with minimal experience in geographic location. Very spirited animated conversation, with good exchange of ideas. Very much like a professional meeting among colleagues.

Liked them very much and they liked me. invited me to meet other team members,. Very smart, competent people who i would have liked to have been assopciated with.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out we had a rpoblem?   1 Answer

Tax Accountant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Petrobras.

Interview

The manager just stared at me and very quiet, she did not know what the job requirement. She told you to say it like it is. Very strange interview process, wonder whether she is prepare for the interview.

Interview Questions

The manager is not sincere

Decision Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petrobras (Houston, TX).

Interview

Started with a phone interview than an in-person interview.

I'm an Economist and not an Engineer, and they wanted an Engineer for the role.

Overall it was a waste of time.

Vice President, Project Management Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Petrobras in October 2016.

Interview

Their prelimiary interview process involves engaging with some of the senior management that you will work with and that allows for a positive interaction to understand the role. They have a stark focus on petroleum industry over skill sets that are potentially a better fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• What would be your process in a complete restructure of a management team within your department should that need arise?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salvador, Bahia (Brazil)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petrobras (Salvador, Bahia (Brazil)) in December 2011.

Interview

Public Contest (Test) to become a employee. The public contest has many questions about computer science. It is divided in three groups: software process, infrastructure and software development. In addition, it has general questions about formal portuguese and english.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petrobras (Rio de Janeiro (Brazil)) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview was with my supervisor. He asked me about my skills, my interests, why I would like to work at Petrobras, why I would like to work in a Research Centre.