Petronas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Petronas

3.1

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Petronas (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process took around 3 rounds which includes an informal getting to know session, interview with higher management and a written test. Written question was not tough and its alright for an MBA graduate. Higher management tend to ask problem solving question. In term of salary, be prepare to negotiate the right salary grade as minimum guidance given by HR.

Interview Questions

• A lot of explaining on previous experience.   1 Answer

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Petronas.

Interview

I was not in Malaysia and had to do an online interview with the team involved in unconventional operations. The interview was fairly simple with basic behavioral and technical questions about oil and gas.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical question regarding petroleum engineering   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willowbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Petronas (Willowbrook, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview in writing first... Next step is face to face ... Then one more face to face. Very straight forward and nice group. Very impressed to get a call from their Malaysian headquarters the night before my interview. Big company with a office of about 50 people in U.S. They expect to double the business in less than 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Petronas (Washington, DC).

Interview

I secured a scholarship from company for my undergrad studies in the United States in 1994. The screening happened earlier when I applied for the educational sponsorship. Additionally, I also had to maintain a certain GPA, and demonstrate to the company that I deserve a job in the company.

Interview Questions

• What makes you so special that you deserve a place in the company?   Answer Question

Petronas Overseas Talent-Pots Interview

Interview

Fisrt they check your CV. Then choose someone to do an interview assessment. The interview was characterized by 4 steps. Step one: presentation of your CV and related questions. Step 2: case study to present. Step 3 and 4: two different case that you have to manage.

Interview Questions

• Explain us a problem solving situation you were involved   Answer Question

I had other offers more interesting

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview, followed by face to face interview with two managers (one playing the good cop, the other the bad cop). After several months, they call you back if you get the job.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Petronas (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2015.

Interview

I sent my application in February, got interview calling over phone in June, Medical Check-Up in July, Structure Interview in August, Result in September, Report duty in November. Took almost one year to secure a place in Petronas. I think their HR holding process too long.

Interview Questions

• First technical interview over phone went smooth and seemed those two interviewers happy with my answers and the way I handle the interview (on my side). 40 minutes with lots of questions to be answered with out-of-the-box-answers. Put your current CV aside you for immediate reference because the questions all about your experiences. Don't try to boast up or cheat, make up stories. They just want to know what have you learned based on experiences you had, regardless of how many years of working experience you had.

Second after passed the Technical Assessment, I was calling for Structure Interview to secure for permanent job. The interview was super pressured. The interviewers are psychologist, I think. They have lots of experience in Oil & Gas industry even with Petronas itself. Don't cheat them or made up stories. BE YOURSELF. THINK OUT OF THE BOX. THEY WANT WORLD HUNGER PROBLEMS. FIRM ON YOUR STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES ALSO YOUR ANSWERS , they will use these as bullets to shoot you throughout the session. But, don't worry as long as you really be yourself, you will secure the job. They pressure you just want to know the way you handle pressure, the way you solve problems, how fast you solve the problems, and the most important the way you thinking. There is no RIGHT or WRONG answers, just be firmed!

At the end of the interview, I felt that I wouldn't secure the job, and I asked one of HR staff who handled my application. " What do you think, will I get this job? Because I don't think I performed well in the interview." She said,"People who think they will get this job probably won't get this job, but people who think they won't get this job probably will get this job". It depends on how Interviewers look at you in so many ways. That's why it is important to be yourself. And I once getting advise from interviewers that don't ever rely on what you found on blogs about Petronas Structure Interview, because every each people have different personalities & experiences.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiable, the offer is average

Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Petronas (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in September 2014.

Interview

Long, takes time to get the interview. I didn't know what to expect, no job description nor the project background briefed before the interview. I literally went into the interview not knowing much.

Lead Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Petronas (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview via video conference (KL-Tokyo-Paris). Mainly on highly technical questions, as the company is looking for lead engineer position which is urgently needed. Not a structured interview, where the interviewer asked any questions which pop-up in his mind.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions requires interviewee to remember Codes and Standard by heart..   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Petronas.

Interview

the interview went well i got the offer but i declined it as i got a better offer. the interviewer was very kind and not that fierce. i got the offer after few weeks after the interview.