Philip Morris International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Philip Morris International Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

My interview process for Philip Morris International's affiliate in Australia was outstanding. They were very accommodating to schedule the interview for a date and time that suited my schedule and had a panel interview with all the key stakeholders of the hiring process in the same room, so that I wouldn't need to come back to meet with each one of them individually.

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (New York, NY).

Interview

Based in 3 interviews, first with external staffing partner of PMI and after with different stakeholders that I would report to. After approval on that stage I was subjected to one final Assessment Centre (it was mix between internal and external interlocutors).

Interview Questions

• Motivation to join PMI   1 Answer
    • Current Market key topics in my work area that I would enhance and how would I address them at PMI   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Firstly it was a phone call interview mostly to access my motivations on working for this particular company and industry, I have been asked some questions in english (since is not the country language).
    Afterwards have been a face-to-face interview focused on behavior questions, and going through my resume to get to know me better.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (New York, NY).

Interview

Very relaxed manager, not asking direct questions but rather engage in a smooth discussion and explained me the job while asking some questions about my interests in the diverse domains involved in the job

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working for a tobacco company ?   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Interview

One phone interview; about 30 minutes. In person interview at the NYC headquarters with a group of candidates; interview lasted all day long. Went through various exercises and interviews with about 6 different people, all the while being scored by a group of about 20 people. Went in for a third 2 on one interview with the specific department I wanted to work with.

Interview Questions

• Create a marketing plan; convince the other people in your group to go along with your plan.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

First and second round Skype interviews with HR and marketing professionals. The people I Interviewed with were very kind, and the process was overall very pleasant. First round with an HR person remains more qualitative and second round with product manager goes into a bit more technicalities but nothing too complex.

Interview Questions

• What are your most dominant strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Process Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Philip Morris International.

Interview

Director Operations

Interview Questions

• How to involve each employee in applying the new techniques specifically   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Houston, TX) in June 2008.

Interview

Phone and in person panel interview

Negotiation

No opportunity to negotiate

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Scarborough, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Nice and relaxed .. 2 and a half hours flew by. I was very nervous on entering as I am good at sales but going website type digital thought I was out of my depth on this one but as the interview stages passed I became more confident and left feeling pretty good regarding an offer .. I did ask at each stage a question if " how did I do "

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to deal with a disgruntled customer.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bologna (Italy)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Bologna (Italy)) in April 2017.

Interview

Two online test, one video interview. The first assessement verified my numerical reasoning abilities: there were 18 question in 30 minutes (it was quite difficult, but not impossible). The second one wanted to investigate my beaviour in different situations: I had to choose, among 4 different answers, the best choise and the worst one.

InKompassProgram 2017 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Philip Morris International (Mexico City (Mexico)) in April 2017.

Interview

The InKompass program is PMI's way to recruit interns to work in different huge projects within the company. The process starts online, where you're invited to do a couple of online tests (math and logic). If you pass them, you're invited to an On-Ground Assessment day, where you're involved in 4 different activities throuhout the day: 2 activities are to resolve cases with a team of 8 people (max), where your participation (and the quality of your participations) are strongly evaluated. 1 activity is a stand alone 5-minute presentation of a hard case, be prepared to read a lot and think more. The other activity is a series of 10-minute interviews with different people. The order of your activities and the people you get interviewed by, are random.
    Be yourself at all times, don't overreact, don't act and show off all your skills.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation where you found a new way to resolve a problem.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time where you had to learn a new skill very quickly.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time you failed a deadline.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about you.   1 Answer