Phoenix Technology Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Phoenix Technology Services

1.9

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Phoenix Technology Services (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I visited the Phoenix office in Houston, TX. During my visit, I worked with the training staff during an actual class. I helped instruct the class and offered suggestions on how to improve the training coarse. I also participated in the grading of the verbal, practical and written exams. Overall, it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How could I contribute to improving the training class.   Answer Question

MWD Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Phoenix Technology Services in June 2013.

Interview

Submitted a resume, got a phone call, drove 4 hours to the Houston office to be seen for 5 minutes. The interviewer was 30 min late. His reason for seeing me for 5 minutes was because a female sales woman walked in and he wanted to be taken out to lunch.

Interview Questions

• He didn't ask any questions. Looked at my resume and said, "looks good, when can you start?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Everyone has to start as level 1 trainee.

MWD Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Phoenix Technology Services (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Brief phone interview. The questions were pretty standard, they wanted to know your background, and see if they thought you could handle life in the oilfield. Apparently they are not too thorough because I worked with some people that were absolute idiots and lacked intelligence, that goes for management as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous work experience and why you want to work for us.   Answer Question

Shipping and Receiving Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Phoenix Technology Services (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

It was simple, I just walked up and spoke to the manager and asked him if they were hiring and he spoke to me on the spot. They didn't blow me off and were helpful enough.

Interview Questions

• If I was ready to work long and hard   1 Answer

MWD Trainee Interview

Interview

Pretty basic they asked about previous mechanical experience. If i understood the basic concept of MWD. If i understood field conditions and was able to work in the field up to 90% of the time. Then they asked me to describe my previous two job experiences

Interview Questions

• No curveballs, job offer is contingent on passing a three phase exam process where they determine aptitude and ability to perform work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation flat day rates. Offer contingent on passing through three test phases.

Directional Drilling Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phoenix Technology Services (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

There was no interview. At the time the industry was busy and Directional drillers with experience were highly sought after. My experience and reputation was well known and I was offered top dollar to leave my previous employer.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Phoenix Technology Services in January 2016.

Interview

I had one phone call and one interview via blue jeans. There were multiple people in the room and the questions were intense. They expected to hear a lot about past problems solved and I did most of the talking throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name some mechanical issues you've faced related to equipment in the past and how you solved them.   Answer Question
    • What would you implement at our company to improve service quality?   Answer Question

Failure Analysis Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Phoenix Technology Services.

Interview

Resume focused. Asked about your experience and skills that match the job requirement. Some background about your career path. The interviewer described what the position needs and asked if you think you'll fit in.

Directional Driller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phoenix Technology Services (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

very brief i was refered by another employee. took very little time gave me a hasp key got my own lap top signed paperwork and sent out to work. very quick no initial training

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have   1 Answer

MWD Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Phoenix Technology Services (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Toured the shop, Shot the breeze talked about the job a little bit then was told I have to attend the 2 week training program which the paid $25 a day to attend (that's right $25 dollars a DAY). after that it was off to the rig pretty quick.