Physical Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Physical Sciences

Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Physical Sciences (Andover, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial interview was a phone call with two members of the team that eventually hired me, they asked very technical questions. Final interview was an entire day on-site with an hour-long research seminar.

Interview Questions

• How would you apply your academic research to make a product?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Physical Sciences.

Interview

Originally, PSI reached out to my University club looking for engineering interns for the summer. I submitted my resume and they responded within two weeks that they were interested. They scheduled an in-person interview via email and I met with the team that I would be working for. The team then went through my resume and asked me about experiences listed on my resume. Since this was an engineering position, they did ask some technical questions about the projects I had listed on my resume. After that, they showed me around their facilities and asked me some more technical questions on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What type of fitting is this? (Holding up a fitting for me to identify.)   Answer Question

Optical Physicist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Physical Sciences in August 2015.

Interview

This was a phone interview and overall it was fair, although certainly one-side with not much opportunity to ask questions about the company or its culture. Most of the questions were directly related to my qualifications for the specific job with seemingly not much interest in other contributions that could benefit the company or department. Overall the interview lasted about 1 hour and they responded with their decision via email within a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• How would I pitch a certain project in a new research area to a program manager?   Answer Question