Picture People Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Picture People Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Picture People (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very basic questions based on how you would deal with a customer. No interest in photographic skillset.

They use 13 year old Canon D20 DSLRs with kit lenses and pay $11.00/hour and no commission(minimum wage here in WA is £13.00). This should tell any serious photographer applying all they need to know.
    The interviewer seemed pleasant enough, but this isn't a job for experienced photographers.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer is their system went down and you were unable to show/sell images there and then.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Picture People (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward. They just made sure my availability was legit and they asked me like 4 questions! Easiest and fastest interview! Literally took me 15 mins. My interview was at 10:30, was finished at 10:45!

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to handle a toddler who has a short attention span?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Picture People (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

It was originally just an interview at a Starbucks. The said they would call back. They finally called back. The interview was about 20 minutes. The second interview was at the studio. I was hired at the second interview.

Interview Questions

• The asked me to tell me a bit about yourself and told me how to sell a pen given to me during the interview.   1 Answer

Picture People Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Picture People (Charlotte, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

I was asked a lot about my personal life and things of that nature. Not a lot about why I wanted the job or things pertaining to photography. I was asked to explain about times I had a difficult customer and how I handled the situation. I was very nervous and I didn't get the job but I did get asked to come back during the holiday.

Interview Questions

• If hired where would I be in 6 months?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Picture People (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

First over the phone to get basic information and let me know the job needed someone flexible with hours. Definitely a weekend job. Then the interview reviews sales, customer service, childcare and photography

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses in the workplace   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Picture People (San Mateo, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I saw the add online and walked into the store to inquire about the position. They were extremely understaffed when I got there so there was definitely room to hire. I left my number and the manager got back to me within a couple of days and asked me to come in for an interview. I met with the hiring manager for 15 minutes. One thing to note is that they like to start everyone off in sales before they offer you a position as a photographer because they want to make sure that all the employees understand the product. I got a call back and was offered the position, but did not accept as it was below my pay range.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position? What experience do you have in sales? What experience do you have as a photographer?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Picture People.

Interview

I was called back very quickly. I had the interview after two days and was hired on the spot. She asked very simple questions and really seemed to enjoy my personality.

Associate/Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Picture People (Toms River, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Informal in the back of the studio. More so questions of "can you do this," and "can you handle that." The whole interview was very easy, and it's more likely if you have open hours you'll be called for your second interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well with children?   1 Answer

Photographer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Picture People in October 2015.

Interview

It was short. They asked a few questions. Typical we will contact you in x time if we make an offer. The manager was easy going, the environment was quiet. Generally gave a vibe of being new at what they were doing and inexperience but overall wasn't a bad process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What is your photography experience?   1 Answer
    • With all of that why here again?   1 Answer
    • Have you worked in retail before?   1 Answer

Core Photographer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Picture People.

Interview

I received a call to schedule an interview within a week after submitting an online application. The interview was set for the next morning in the Picture People studio with the studio manager. It was a group interview with 3 other applicants then individual interviews were schedule later dates. My individual interview was scheduled for 4 days later with a different manager. The second interview was just talking about the company, the position, telling the manager about myself and answering questions about availability etc.