Picture People Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Picture People Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2018

2.0

Photographer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Picture People.

Interview

Quick, good questions asked. Job description was clearly stated explained. Tour of facilities was given and some hands-on practice before the job. I was asked to show my portfolio and describe my experience with photography.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach people? Can you produce quality content under a time pressure ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Picture People in September 2017.

Interview

Was to interview with the manager. Day of interview comes, I am 15 mins early. The one staff person on is already trying to reach manager for another issue. Ten mins after interview time, she says she can do interview "I guess." Hour later and still no show of manager or call. To me, this showed a lack of respect for the workers, potential or current. The issue the worker was calling about was pretty serious too. Also, worker doing interview complained about company and customers with each question.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Butler, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Picture People (Butler, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied in the studio and came in for an Interview 3 days later. The GM was an hour early amd so was I. There was no set plan for the interview and she didn't really ask me much. They tossed the camera at me and had me take a session with a camera i had never seen before, let alone knew how to use. Then the GM took me over to McDonalds and spent 20 minutes slandering the company and how poor sales were. I wasn't sure if she was interviewing me or just gossiping about how horrible the studio I was applying for was doing.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Picture People (Baltimore, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

Good question and answer session with room to provide scenarios and impress hiring manager. This interview was a foot in the door to join the company and get promoted internally into the position previously applied for with management as the hiring manager was on maternity leave and there was no other process to get hired with more pay and responsibility. This company really should be able to do better.

Interview Questions

• What is some of your experience working with children in portrait evironment?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Picture People (Kansas City, KS) in June 2017.

Interview

Sat down in the studio, and she basically went over what my availability was, what their expectations were, and if I were able to meet them. Then she basically had me sit there and ask her question after question.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work every weekend, holiday, and nights?   1 Answer
    • If a customer comes in yelling an screaming with a complaint, how would you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Picture People (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very basic questions based on how you would deal with a customer. No interest in photographic skillset.

They use 13 year old Canon D20 DSLRs with kit lenses and pay $11.00/hour and no commission(minimum wage here in WA is £13.00). This should tell any serious photographer applying all they need to know.
    The interviewer seemed pleasant enough, but this isn't a job for experienced photographers.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer is their system went down and you were unable to show/sell images there and then.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Picture People (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was pretty straight forward. They just made sure my availability was legit and they asked me like 4 questions! Easiest and fastest interview! Literally took me 15 mins. My interview was at 10:30, was finished at 10:45!

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to handle a toddler who has a short attention span?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Picture People (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

It was originally just an interview at a Starbucks. The said they would call back. They finally called back. The interview was about 20 minutes. The second interview was at the studio. I was hired at the second interview.

Interview Questions

• The asked me to tell me a bit about yourself and told me how to sell a pen given to me during the interview.   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellington, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Picture People (Wellington, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Very chill, friendly interview. They needed people so I was hired on the spot and to really call this an interview isn't exactly right. Although I ended up being a pretty good employee, there were definitely some bad apples that could have been weeded out via a stronger interview process.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about the job?   1 Answer

Picture People Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Picture People (Charlotte, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

I was asked a lot about my personal life and things of that nature. Not a lot about why I wanted the job or things pertaining to photography. I was asked to explain about times I had a difficult customer and how I handled the situation. I was very nervous and I didn't get the job but I did get asked to come back during the holiday.

Interview Questions

• If hired where would I be in 6 months?   1 Answer