Piedmont Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Piedmont Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Piedmont Airlines (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Sorry this so long, but I want to help as many applicants as possible!!
    I applied online and received an email from a recruiter instructing me to give her a call between certain hours on a specific day. She went over my resume with me and asked questions concerning my work history, why I want to fly with Piedmont, what are my expectations of the flight attendant job, and what do I know about the company. I had done extensive research before I even applied and fell in love with what I saw. Normally, she would tell you about the airline, but she said I had pretty much done her job for her (lol) and invited me to a group interview in Philly. I was pleasantly surprised that they flew me out as positive space on AA because most airlines won't. And the ones that do require you to drive to the closest major airport, but my seat was booked out of the small regional in my city (really appreciated not having to make that 2 hour drive)! Lodging is your responsibility, but I got a nice rate from the hotel the interview was being held at using the code the recruiter gave me.

Look the part. You don't have to wear a suit and button down, but I did because that's pretty much what FAs wear. Be modest but sleek, not frumpy or sexy. Wear nice flats or heels no higher than 3". Closed toed and closed back. Hair pulled back. No jeans or sneakers. Iron your clothes. Wear nude or black hose with your skirt or dress. Trouser socks or knee highs with your slacks. Neat, clean, daytime makeup with nude, pink, or red lips. Simple jewelry. Only one set of earrings.

The interview was sooooo laid back and really enjoyable. 3 panel members (the recruiter, an hr rep, and a trainer) and they were so dope. Seriously, I could've hung out with them forever. It was a small interview group because of the storm, so everything moved rather quickly. Presentation about the company (I had already seen all the videos during my research), quiz on the presentation (no pressure, I missed a question. Perfect scores got a prize), break, group activity, break, panel interview, break, and individual interview.
    Group activity: follow the instructions and play nice (they're watching)! Contribute your own ideas and be open to others as well. Stand in the front and do a small presentation. Be genuinely interested in what the other groups present as well.
    Panel interview: You will have to stand in front of the room, state your name, what makes you unique, answer one of the questions they'll select from a list, and read the announcement they give you. Please, don't be nervous! Everyone wants you to succeed! Don't ramble..... I never realized how bad/awkward it sounded until the panel had to politely interrupt the interviewee to either guide them to an actual answer or direct them to just go ahead and read the announcement.
    Individual interview: Not sure how it goes for everyone, but mine was super quick and to the point. You are allowed to ask questions here as well. Try to ask one or two. I just smiled the entire time and answered everything as concisely as possible, but I was very conversational as well because they were just so chill.... Seriously! The questions I asked were about becoming a check flight attendant and also about my hair. I have locs, which most airlines prohibit, and I said I needed to mentally and emotionally prepare myself to cut or hide my hair if necessary. They actually looked offended and the trainer said he couldn't believe anyone would ask me to cut my beautiful hair and to just keep it neat and pulled back. The HR rep told me not to change a thing unless I absolutely wanted to. I added this just in case others with locs are wondering what their policy is because that info is always super hard to find.
    Apparently, you'll receive a phone call with their decision either way within 2 weeks. I got an email a couple of days later (I low-key panicked because I thought it was a TBNT) asking me for a professional reference. I gave her the contact info for a pilot I used to fly with all the time. The next day, I received a call from the recruiter congratulating me and welcoming me to the Piedmont family. I start training in May

Interview Questions

• Panel: I only remember 2 of the questions and you only have to answer 1 of them
      1) what qualities would you bring to piedmont?
      2) tell us about a funny OR intense customer service experience you had
      1 Answer

Ramp Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Piedmont Airlines.

Interview

After application and background check, and a little aggressiveness maintaining comms with recruiters, conducted a couple phone interviews and an interview with the incoming ramp station manager. It was a few years ago so exact details elude me; straightforwardness and honesty paid off. The high points: they were looking for someone interested in growing as a leader, taking care of their people and running an effective ramp customer service operation, and the ability to deal with the various levels of unpleasantness (flight schedule changes, weather, training issues, and the occasional short-timer) that come with the job.

Interview Questions

• Scenario-based questions regarding inter-agent disputes   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

I applied online around October 2016, received a phone call from a recruiter about two weeks later. We briefly did a phone interview which was very easy. She mainly asked questions about relocation, did I have a passport, customer service experience and why I chose piedmont airlines.. shortly after she sais she thought I was a good fit and scheduled me for an interview December 12th, 2016. The company pays for your flight and lodging is at your own expense for a rate of 79$ if u mention piedmont airlines...so with that being said the interview is in about two weeks and IM SUPER EXCITED!!!!! I will let you guys know how it goes.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Piedmont Airlines in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was a little more informal than I had expected, but it was great. I was made to feel very comfortable during the Process and the questions were pretty general.

First Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Piedmont Airlines (Phila, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was late. Going through security at PHL is painful. This was a joke of a team. The guy that met us had to big red airplane earrings and unshaven. Very disorganized bunch. Not very professional at all. If this is an indicator of the overall company, not a very positive one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Piedmont Airlines (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email asking to call for a phone screening. Short phone interview (5-10 min)... Face to face interview: a brief presentation of the company, a presentation about yourself, a group exercise, a quiz, and the final interview (this is the only time when you are alone with the recruiters).

Interview Questions

• ---Phone Interview---
      Why do you want to become a flight attendant?
      What do you know about Piedmont?
      Are you within the required height?
      Are you willing to relocate?
      (Other questions relating your resume)

---When presenting yourself---
      Tell us about yourself.
      Tell us about a rewarding or challenging experience.
      Why Piedmont?
      What are your hobbies?
      (we also read a flight announcement)

---Quiz---
      Just pay attention to the presentation and you will be fine. If you get a 100% you get a prize.

--- Final interview---
      Are you willing to relocate?
      Any tattoos?
      Tell me about a time when you had to adapt to change in the work space.
      How do you handle time management.
      Have you applied for other airlines?
      Is this your first interview?
      Do you have any questions?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Piedmont Airlines (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Information session was held in hotel conference room with a group of people, very informative, Interview session was in front of a panel of three people and very laid back and non-stressful. The questions asked were mostly personality based and easy to answer.

Gate Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Piedmont Airlines (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Really easy process took 2 weeks easy as one two three. Show up and act interested and pretty much your in the door interview,orientation job offered now waiting for training date at this point I am nervous

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here at peidmont   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Piedmont Airlines (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Very laid back. The interview team made you feel very at ease. The opening was information about the company. Then a group activity, a short speech about yourself and you also had to read a prepared statement. Last you are interviewed by a panel of 4 people, that was very laid back.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Piedmont Airlines (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Group Interview 3 rounds and they offer a week later. The group interview was not bad as long as you are comfortable speaking in front of large groups of people.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate   1 Answer