Pirelli Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pirelli Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

SAP Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pirelli (Rome, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Four interviews. All face to face. met with Human Resources Manager, sales vp, marketing vp, and the chairman of US division, followed by an excel test. All very relaxed but professional.

Interview Questions

• Simple personal and professional questions. Very relaxed   Answer Question

Instrumentation & Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santiago, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pirelli (Santiago, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

Industrial Automation Projects (Instrumentation, PLC ,HMI, Electrical Schematics). Industrial process control technology. Maintenance: Transmitters, Conductivity Meters, Valves (Ball, Butterfly, Gate, Globe, etc.), AUMA Actuators: Adjustment and calibration, FieldMate software to Yokogawa transmitters by HART, Burners in BIASI boiler, adjustment PID & Controllers, Automation
    Programming Ladder language (Cx-Programmer, WPLSoft Delta), HMI (DOPSoft Delta), iFix SCADA to Automation Systems. Some knowledge Visual Studio language C programming and others.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge about Industrial control and 3-ways control valves.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pirelli (Rome, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

I was brought in as temp and interviewed with HR. After the interview I was told by the temp service I was working through that they wanted me to start on the following Monday on a temporary basis. After almost 2 years as a temp I was finally offered a permanent position.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider your greatest work accomplishment to be?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

First step of the recruiment process. Two group assessments ( two teams discuss separately and then togheter for the english group assessment, the other is in italian) in the morning while an individual interview for the afternoon.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pirelli (Moscow (Russia)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by the agency first, have heard about the brand and was excited to go forward. Then was invited for 1:1 with company's representative.
    A standard polite beginning: agreed on timing, followed by my work history. Then it went south.

The interviewer was constantly interrupting, making judgmental and unethical remarks in regards of my past employers.
    Like "I don't know any high-level professional who would agree to work or used to work for your X company ( the nationwide international project I gave 3,5 years to) and have no idea why do you think it was a business appropriate experience and not an absurd nonsense".
    Or "your background in company B is irrelevant to me, as 130 salaried personnel you had onboard is way too small headcount".

I was trying to end the interview, but the interviewer continued.
    In the end, I was asked what do I think about my likeability.

Business and Planning/Controlling Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pirelli in February 2017.

Interview

There are 3 steps in hiring procedure.
    The first one, the only one that i've could complete, was entirely online. It was composed of excel test, english knowledge test and a video interview with adecco (10 minutes duration)
    After that it passes 1 month and i still not received the feedback.

Programming and Controlling - Reporting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milano (Italy)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pirelli (Milano (Italy)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was conducted very professionally and in just over 2 weeks I got the final feedback. The first step was with a HR representative at a Career Day. It was motivational and it also involved a check-up of your educational and work backgrounds, as well as a discussion in english to test your level. A high level of english is very appreciated in the company. The next steps involved some assessments online: video interview (9 questions, of which 2 specific to the job, 2 in english about your knowledge of the company and the remaining are motivational), english test (120 questions in total, fairly easy) and an excel test to complete (vlookup and pivot table). The next step was a face-to-face interview with a HR representative and the senior manager. Finally, I got called back in order to meet the divisional manager as well

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Pirelli   Answer Question
    • What kind of costs would you assume to find in Pirelli's income statement?   Answer Question
    • Of the costs mentioned previously, distinguish fixed and variable costs   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 and 10 years   Answer Question
    • Would you be willing to relocate abroad after a certain period of time to work in a foreign branch?   Answer Question
    • What are your greatest qualities and why are you the right fit for this job?   Answer Question

Stage In Controlling Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milano (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pirelli (Milano (Italy)) in November 2016.

Interview

It took a lot of time (roughly 2 months). I had to pass an excel test, another in english, a first phone call and, later, a video-call. Then, there was a 1-day assessment (in group, 2 case-studies) which included the interview with the HR. Couple of weeks later, the HR manager asked me about my availability for an interview with the line managers. The interview was a technical one. It was very formal... not the best solution to make the applicant feel confortable. However, they gave me a positive feedback (few days later). Then, I had to meet the team, for receiving their approval... But in the meanwhile, I already had received another offer.

Interview Questions

• Income statement related questions, something about the company, profitability index (ROS, ROA, ROE...)   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

I had a skype interview with the marketing manager of the company with several questions about edducation and previous work experiences, to understand if I could fit the job position.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pirelli (Milan (Italy)).

Interview

I applied online for one of the several stages they were offering in Milan and Settimo Torinese. After a first skype interview where they asked me my background and checked out my English level they sent me an excel file to be solved. It regarded pivot table and vlookup function.
    After that I was invited for an assessment day in Milan at my expenses where with other 9 students I underwent various tasks all in English.
    They asked us to present each over using 3 adjectives that could be a good indicator of our character, they asked us what our friends would say about us and finally which Walt Disney actor would better describe our personality.
    In the afternoon there was a community test were they told us out spaceship had landed on the moon and to choose what items to take and set them up in a priority list.
    After this test there was a simple business case, basically each of us was handed out a Pirelli facility with various data about it and we had to collectively choose the best one.